• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That little joystick for propulsion and steering control or selecting dashboard menu displays????

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and reviews but my first thought is that the articulating keel (aka rudder) won't be more effective but less effective than the four fins that make up cobras or thrust vectors.

As for the integrated control system, yamaha does not have a great track record for sourcing the best electronics at least not initially so although the features and functions are nice I would be worried about problems with one or one set of functions disabling the remaining integrated functions. This is the problem I face in my Acura, the stereo, nav, ac are all built into one assembly if you lose one you lose them all.

The biggest improvement I see is the sound suppression, I would like to know more about that, hopefully yamaha releases 2014 and 2015 db readings.

Lastly, I will admit that some of the above is written to justify why I shouldn't buy one but from a financial perspective, I probably can't afford a new one anyway. The msrp on a limited s in 2014 was about $60k, I'm going to guess that the new price will be north of $65k.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The sound suppression does sound interesting!
With regards to the keel....they would be wise to post overhead (quad copter) video of a 2014 without it, a 2014 with after market fins, and a 2015 with the new keel performing hard over turns! Win us with data!
I agree with the integrated electronics comment @Ronnie - for engine and ballast controls....it would be great. Adding the stereo to it....is concerning (unless it pairs easily by a standard like blutooth)

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, overhead view of flipping a 180 at 30+MPH will be day and night different '14 vs '15 242LS. They should show us that and then put a 300# guy on a wakeboard carving out hard and show that comparison as well.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Am I the only one seeing those steering arms covered in grass and junk

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I the only one seeing those steering arms covered in grass and junk
Agree. I think its hokey. Early rumors sounded like it would have its own steering cable (linked to the other two). What we see now looks to me like something I could've thrown together in my garage with a few bolt-on parts (talking about the rudder, not the keel)

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sooo what happens to the rudder when a rope is around/near it and the jet sucks up the rope? :)

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sooo what happens to the rudder when a rope is around/near it and the jet sucks up the rope? :)
The same thing that happens when this occurs to a prop on a V-drive. The rudder gets bent badly and you have to dry dock to fix it. :-(

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I probably bends until it breaks.

Does anyone else remember a YJB forum member who developed and offered a similar rudder product? I only recall that his rudder was bigger (both the parts under and out of the water) and his mounting hardware thicker.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Agree. I think its hokey. Early rumors sounded like it would have its own steering cable (linked to the other two). What we see now looks to me like something I could've thrown together in my garage with a few bolt-on parts (talking about the rudder, not the keel)
From what I saw, it does have its own linkage that goes into the boat and connects to the helm?

Edit -- Nevermind, you were right. The patent shows differently than this setup. One thing that is interesting is how the keel protrudes far below the jets. And it looks like the ride plates are gone too.

Last edited: