• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 AR195

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We just purchased our first boat as adults (my wife and I both grew up on boats). We need to get the usual products before we can take it out on the maiden voyage (life vests, bumpers, dock line, etc.). Is there a website people use for their boating products? I have looked up some items at the local marina which seemed a bit overpriced as well as on Amazon. Just curious what other vendors people are using online.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
omg! Barts still exists? I remember lusting over their catalog when I first wanted a wake board as a kid!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went through a lot of threads around here to decide what I wanted, talked to a few meatspace friends and neighbors to see what they'd recommend and what they actually use, and then fired up the Google machine and started searching for the best price. I already had the "beginner" kit that the dealership wanted to overcharge me for, due to my now-deceased dad's penchant for buying 12 of anything, so the plain-jane orange life vests, throwable float, emergency paddle (and seven backups, oy!), anchor...only thing I really "needed" were fenders and ropes, and I ended up getting 2 Mantus anchors so I could keep dad's old anchor in the old boat.

The internet makes it easy to save yourself some money on things you feel you need to spend money on, and they even have a calculator if your math isn't the best! ;)

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just purchased our first boat as adults (my wife and I both grew up on boats). We need to get the usual products before we can take it out on the maiden voyage (life vests, bumpers, dock line, etc.). Is there a website people use for their boating products? I have looked up some items at the local marina which seemed a bit overpriced as well as on Amazon. Just curious what other vendors people are using online.
I recommend looking around at sites like Overtons and West Coast Marine to easily find the products then looking them up on Amazon or EBay for lower prices.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome, now get out the checkbook.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

https://www.uscgboating.org/images/420.PDF