• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 2020 JetPilot Wakesurf Boards - Transom Watersports

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm certainly not dealing with a stock setup, you're correct in that. That definitely is a factor in the range of boards that I have the ability to ride. I have no argument there, nor do I wish to argue in general. I am familiar with surfing a stock setup and I've gone back to minimal to test the ability of boards on a smaller wave.

As for the 4'4" Butter Bar, I easily could have stayed in one place and been able to hang in the pocket with no work whatsoever, it's just not as fun. So I do have to work my way back up again, but this is typical of any board when you start to play. I've fallen back equally as far on other boards and failed to work my way back. Skill will only get you so far... I've also been on very capable boards in the same situation and my skills failed me.

Fact of the matter, my reviews of these or any other board are my honest impressions. I won't continue to sell many boards if people are disappointed in their purchases. I try to account for as many factors as I can before offering my best suggestion.

There are definitely higher priced, higher end options available. Those are not your entry level family jet boat boards and not likely to recieve my recommendation for the average jetboater. However, the Stoke Broker is priced nearly the same as the Coaster, the Fugu is priced $100 less, both of which are very viable options.
I'm not arguing in general either. I just see folks, even with high dollar purpose built surf boats, go out and don't have a clue what gear to buy, or how to setup for a good wave, and they struggle and don't know why because they don't know what they don't know. That's all I'm saying. There are more people that don't know what they don't know vs. those that are enthusiasts and more knowledgeable. I think some of the other wake sites have recommendations based on skill level, wave size, etc., and just looking at some of the photos there are very few folks if any with the wave size of the photos....so not saying intentional or nefarious, but not reality for 90% of the folks that may be your market. My daughter loves to surf and is looking for a new board, so I'll definitely keep these in mind.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not arguing in general either. I just see folks, even with high dollar purpose built surf boats, go out and don't have a clue what gear to buy, or how to setup for a good wave, and they struggle and don't know why because they don't know what they don't know. That's all I'm saying. There are more people that don't know what they don't know vs. those that are enthusiasts and more knowledgeable. I think some of the other wake sites have recommendations based on skill level, wave size, etc., and just looking at some of the photos there are very few folks if any with the wave size of the photos....so not saying intentional or nefarious, but not reality for 90% of the folks that may be your market. My daughter loves to surf and is looking for a new board, so I'll definitely keep these in mind.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and apologize if I'm coming across defensive. I think if you boil it down we truly are on the same page.

I'm guilty of hyping stringe of our products, but the real intent is to educate and inform people here about our products and provide my first hand experience with them, as well as educate myself so I'm knowledgeable enough to help my customers choose wisely. Your absolutely right, 90% of my customers are buying a first board for themselves or their kids. They're not after the Dylan Ayala Pro model or the Black Flag. Those are your second boards, once you've determined your riding style. In most circumstances for folks surfing jet boats I do recommend the larger size boards than what I'd recommend otherwise. One exception being the Slingshot Coaster, of which the 5'0 and 5'3" are both considered "bigger" boards by average standards, we sell plenty in each size. There's a size, shape, and budget for everyone.

I'd be happy to give a recommendation and best price for a board for your daughter if it interests you. Reach out anytime.

The challenging thing about dealing with JetPilot this season has been the situation brought on by the pandemic. They've been running a minimal staff for months and it's taken a major toll on their warehouse. Communication is slow and orders are taking 2 weeks or more just to leave the warehouse. It's challenging to pay to stock every board in inventory, which is the only solution... so, despite the fact I think there's some great options, I've been reserved about suggesting them to buyers. They're normally a great company to work with under normal circumstances.