• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom - Videos - Slingshot Wakesurfers Behind My AR240

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome just figured I would ask since my mat stretches almost to the end of the board and this one is very similar. Can't wait to try out that cobra cat !
I hope you like it. I'm interested in your feedback.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As much as I've railed against the amount of setup required to surf........These videos make me want to figure it out and make it happen on my boat.

Now, where did I plant that money tree again?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As much as I've railed against the amount of setup required to surf........These videos make me want to figure it out and make it happen on my boat.

Now, where did I plant that money tree again?
I knew you were going to come around and have a come to Jesus, I mean come to Jared, moment!! lol
I have.

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I knew you were going to come around and have a come to Jesus, I mean come to Jared, moment!! lol
I have.

--

ROFL.....Come to Jared moment. That's hilarious.

It'll be a season or two still before I could even consider it. Still have to get RideSteady and a foil before I start adding ballast, wedges, and all that other madness. Wife wants a stereo upgrade (yes you read that right), and a new bimini extension as well.

Still searching for that money tree!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have.

--
😇😂😂 I'm not sure if I'm worthy of such high praise...? I skipped church last Sunday and went wakesurfing... :sorry:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
😇😂😂 I'm not sure if I'm worthy of such high praise...? I skipped church last Sunday and went wakesurfing... :sorry:
I'm starting a new movement....WWJD....What Would Jared Do?.....seems to close to the original.....Maybe "Jared would go"?.....I dunno, I'll work on it.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cobra Cat
So, a Cobra 🐍 and a Cat 🐅 had a baby, and that baby "Cobra Cat" was adopted, trained and bread by Slingshot. I was fortunate enough to wrangle the XR version one of these magnificent beast over the weekend and it was glorious! I had a blast on this little 4'8 board. It was quick, nimble, sporty and had a lot of driving power. The speed I could nearly challenge the Coaster, although perhaps not tandem.

It's available in a 5'0", 4'8", and 4'8 XR (Carbon Fiber)

Edit:

New videos of the wife and I riding the 5'0" Cobra Cat

Added 2 new videos to the Cobra Cat demo rides to the Cobra Cat post. If you're looking for a traditional surf style board, this one is very sporty and nimble, with great control!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@J-RAD Do you offer this model surf "board"?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Mainah for your review of your Coaster XR. I wanted to share it here as well. All of boards are priced at end of season prices. It was 100 degrees here today which means there's plenty of surfing left to do this season. Message me for best pricing on any of our inventory. ✌🤟🤙

I finally put my money where my mouth was and just received the 5’0” slingshot coaster xr I ordered from @J-RAD DBA Transomwatersports yesterday. Just finished trying it out. Very easy to get up on. Very easy to cruise on. Not a bad quick thrasher but if you have a good sized wave and want to play on the lip be careful not to lose the pocket as it is not fast for recovery. Hands down the most versatile board I have riden as far as one size fits most. Had a 100lb 12 year old (complete newbie), 6’3” 159lb 16yo (novice) , 6’1” 167 lb 15yo (advanced), and a 5’11” 185lb 42yo (advanced) riders all got up and rode it ropeless first try.

In comparison to a HL landlocked (which I have) the coaster kicks it butt for smaller and medium wakes (I would assume all). In comparison to a doomswell neo for thrashing, lip riding, and the more aggressive stuff there is no surprise that the neo kicks butt at that, but the coaster allows for some hell and toe to ride up and down the wake vs. having to cut up and down with the neo. The Neo and Coaster have earned permanent spots on my boat to cover most anybody.

Quick review of @J-RAD and his transomwatersports biz. Full disclaimer, I paid the same as anyone else on this site and my review of the board and his biz is just me being helpful to others. He is responsive, helpful, and shipped same day. What more could you ask for? So glad we have great vendors here who will take of us so I felt obliged to return the favor. Hopefully this helps someone.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had time for a couple short runs Sunday. I wished I'd had time to play more, but the wife's patience wrangling a 2 year old while trying to drive ran out...

Anyway, I finally started messing around with removing fins and tried just a single rear. It definitely more skim like. Clearly my skim skills need some work... lol!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This Cobra Cat XR still remains one of my favorite boards. There's just something about the traction and the way it likes to be thrown around.
I've got only a few of the 2019's left 1 - 4'8", 1- 4'8"XR, and 2 - 5'0". Special end of season discount codes available. Summer is NOT over! I will yell at anyone who tries to argue with me... look!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slingshot2020_Preview&Social-00404-01.jpeg
2020 models debuting Tuesday Aug 20th

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since you are a board junkie, this is my favorite!

View attachment 102833
I've got a collection of H/L boards, they're great. It's a shame I'm not a dealer for the brand yet. It looks very similar to the Slingshot Butter Bar, classic pin tail skim board shape.
Screenshot_20190814-183916_Gallery.jpg
Which was the platform for the Coaster
2019_SS_coaster_shadow_1200x.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boards are so hard to buy. You never know what you're going to get until you surf on it. Thanks for the suggestions.
That is SO TRUE.
Few vendors provide the kind of detailed model specific info as @J-RAD.

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is the XR version being carbon anymore durable than a regular?

I'm very nervous about buying a new board knowing it's going to get dinged and scratched fairly quickly,

I would gladly pay a little extra if I knew I'd gain some durability,