• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 2020 Yamaha 195S Boat

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2020 Yamaha 195S Boat

Designed for the premium 19’ customer featuring upgraded appointments to include a larger 7” Connext® screen with Maps and Wet SoundsTM Speaker Package.

For 2020, Yamaha’s best-selling 19’ boat series returns with the exciting addition of the all-new Yamaha 195S, designed for the 19’ customer attracted to premium appointments in a compact, high-performance, and easily-managed jet boat package that can be towed behind a mid-size SUV and stored in a standard size garage.
The Yamaha 195S is a complement to Yamaha’s “prestige” offerings that include the 21-foot 212S, 24-foot 242S, and 27-foot 275SD models.

Setting the 195S apart from the rest of Yamaha’s 19’ bowriders are next-level premium appointments, a stylish watersports aluminum tower featuring a CNC embossed logo on the structure, a larger 7” Connext control system with maps, and an upgraded Wet SoundsTM speaker package. Also included is premium Marine Mat flooring, a co-captain chair, docking lights, and a Fusion® Audio stern stereo remote.

Please click on the thumbnails to enlarge.

YM0_5464_195S.jpg YM0_5939_195S.jpg

Powering the 195S is Yamaha’s award-winning 1.8L Super Vortex High Output marine engine that also powers the returning AR195 and SX195. This Yamaha marine engine is powerful, fuel-efficient, and renowned for its reliability and durability.

Upgraded Hull and Deck

The hull and deck of the 195S is a new design introduced to Yamaha’s 19’ boats in 2019, which is 3” longer and 2” wider than previous year models.

With the added space, Yamaha engineers reimagined passenger flow from bow to stern to create the most spacious, most comfortable experience ever in a 19’ family runabout boat.

Under the waterline, the longer, wider hull is designed for added comfort too; favoring characteristics that reduce bow rise when accelerating, and hull packing when operating in choppy water conditions.

Other significant improvements included on the 195S, and shared across the entire Yamaha boat line, is a V-shaped reverse bucket that enhances handling when in reverse, a redesigned Articulating Keel that reduces drag, and a complement of corrosion resistance measures to protect the jet pump and surrounding driveline parts.

The V-Bucket works by diverting water thrust laterally (not down) to take advantage of the benefits of side thrust. The Articulating Keel is thinner with tighter tolerances to reduce drag while maintaining all its low-speed handling benefits.

And to increase corrosion resistance to the jet pump and surrounding driveline parts, a three-step process that combines Alumite, a ceramic coating, and epoxy paint has been added.

Yamaha’s Spacious 19-foot Deck Layout

Starting at the bow, there is a wide walk-through into the cockpit for adults. Three adult passengers can sit comfortably in the bow seating with plenty of space to lounge out.

Completing the bow is an under-the-seat anchor locker, conveniently located beverage holders, and integrated grab handles. And of course, there is plenty of storage underneath the hinged bow port and starboard seating.

Moving into the cockpit, the 195S helm features Yamaha’s 7” Connext® control system based on the same graphical user interface as Yamaha’s 12.3” Connext system. This is an upgrade compared to the 4.3” Connext touchscreen shared across the rest of the Yamaha’s 19’ boats.

Also located at the helm is the sound system controls, an AUX/12v power inlet, and a mobile device holder that swivels to a landscape or portrait position. Finishing the helm are conveniently placed rocker switches for Yamaha’s No Wake ModeTM and Cruise Assist, along with the bilge, horn, and other vital functions.

Cockpit seating and storage is carefully thought out to improve egress and ingress to the stern lounge area. To do this, Yamaha designers created a larger step in front of the walkthrough transom (includes removable seat cushion) and lowered the height of the walkthrough transom itself.

Port and starboard seating in the cockpit is seven-inches longer than 2018 and prior year models; allowing taller passengers to stretch out more comfortably. And with the added length comes added space under each seat.

The padded port console is wide to offer more space for food preparation and more, and the door to the port storage is angled to make entry into the bow even more wide.

To maximize space and efficiency, the area aft of the captain’s chair provides seating with extra leg room, a storage area for cooler, and a table mount. Spin the captain’s chair around and the cockpit of the 195S transforms into the perfect entertaining area.

Wrapping the cockpit are premium windows and window frames that give these 19’ boats a more luxurious look and feel.

Yamaha’s Signature Stern Lounge area and Swim Platform

One of the favorite features of all Yamaha boats is Yamaha’s signature stern lounge area and swim platform that sits just above the waterline. The padded swim platform comes with integrated beverage holders, perfect for hanging out at your favorite cove. For 2020, the stern features a brand new retractable stern ladder that’s easier than ever to lock in place after use.

For the 19’ boat buyer that wants a more premium experience in a boat that’s easy to tow and store, look no further than the new Yamaha 195S.

#YamahaBoats2020

Last edited:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bow walk through door, I’m anxious to see that in a picture. I’d love to retrofit that to my SX190. I like the entire concept here but $10,000 more than my SX... not sure I’m there yet. Cobalt 200S is only another $10,000ish away after that.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They could do better on fit and finish for their website pics ... they still struggle with this.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That spec sheet states it only needs regular gas. Is that correct?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That’s gotta be a misprint.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So the same thing as an AR195 With a larger screen and the speaker upgrade and lose the bench seating? No thanks.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So the same thing as an AR195 With a larger screen and the speaker upgrade and lose the bench seating? No thanks.
My wife hates the bench seat design and would divorce me if we bought a new boat without dual buckets/captains chairs.
:D
Also it has more than just a screen and speakers - docking lights, bow door, mapping on the screen with joystick control, more premium cockpit with the glossy black comming inserts and helm, etc. The speaker upgrade along is worth most of the price increase. Pics don't show the door or joystick, so I'm guessing pics are early prototypes without these features.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well yeah but better mats , docking lights, rear stern remote for stereo, bow walk through , so for someone that is not looking for the bench seat, it’s a nice mature looking boat, the 2020 AR195 paint schemes look like they are for 12yr old kids.

I’ll be looking for those mat prices when they become available vs. seadeck

Last edited:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed on possible pics of prototype as no door or joystick on this one

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My wife hates the bench seat design and would divorce me if we bought a new boat without dual buckets/captains chairs.
:D
Also it has more than just a screen and speakers - docking lights, bow door, mapping on the screen with joystick control, more premium cockpit with the glossy black comming inserts and helm, etc. The speaker upgrade along is worth most of the price increase. Pics don't show the door or joystick, so I'm guessing pics are early prototypes without these features.
I still don’t think this is enough for someone to make a jump into a new model. Anyone can easily add lights and seadek. These are all just aesthetic things the boat won’t perform any better than previous AR’s. And I’m pretty sure you still get fiberglass chunks and metal shavings leaking out the drain plugs ha ha

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still don’t think this is enough for someone to make a jump into a new model.
Not from a 2019 no, but from an older model...

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And I’m pretty sure you still get fiberglass chunks and metal shavings leaking out the drain plugs ha ha
This has been amazing me all season so far! I can imagine the spiral-y metal shavings wouldn't play nice with the o-ring on the plug, heh. One would think they could take a minute and vacuum or otherwise rinse out the debris (presumably) in that lower hull before it leaves the factory! Maybe an enhancement for 2021? :)

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just put our deposit down on the 2020 195s. Selling features for us was the twin captain seats, upgraded wetsounds with transom remote, classier looking flooring and transom mattress on both decks, and most important the classy look overall versus the "look at me" flashy colors of the AR versions. The wife and I are extremely excited. This will be our first jet boat. Execute from the I/O world 😜

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We just put our deposit down on the 2020 195s. Selling features for us was the twin captain seats, upgraded wetsounds with transom remote, classier looking flooring and transom mattress on both decks, and most important the classy look overall versus the "look at me" flashy colors of the AR versions. The wife and I are extremely excited. This will be our first jet boat. Execute from the I/O world 😜

Congrats!! I'm hoping that this too will be my first boat soon. I'm waiting till boat show season to see it in person. I 100% agree on the colors as well. All I need to do is double check that I can get it in my 7 foot garage door. Does it come with the tower speakers you see in most pictures? Most importantly when are you taking delivery and posting the pictures and review!!!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats!! I'm hoping that this too will be my first boat soon. I'm waiting till boat show season to see it in person. I 100% agree on the colors as well. All I need to do is double check that I can get it in my 7 foot garage door. Does it come with the tower speakers you see in most pictures? Most importantly when are you taking delivery and posting the pictures and review!!!
It does not come with the tower speakers shown according to my dealer. They are available through yamaha though. $1250 through yamaha for the wetsounds Rev 8s. We are just going to buy and install ourselves. We can get the Rev 10s for the same cost

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any info from the dealer about an included amplifier for the Wetsounds speakers? It would be disappointing to have Wetsounds speakers and just the weak Fusion radio to drive them with a few watts.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any info from the dealer about an included amplifier for the Wetsounds speakers? It would be disappointing to have Wetsounds speakers and just the weak Fusion radio to drive them with a few watts.

I wish, but as far as I know it's speakers only. At least they are an upgrade from the clarion, or marine audio that's in Normal. Plus it adds fusion transom remote. We do fully plan on adding a wetsounds 6 channel amp and Rev10 tower speakers. Amp will run factory and tower speakers. They advertise wetsounds, but it's only a beginning. Not true wetsounds potential 😕

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did they give you a delivery date for it yet? Congrats on the new boat!
I wish. Only thing he could say was mid September, and I would be his first email when they knew they were being shipped from factory to dealer. Anticipation is killing us, but luckily we still have our current boat