• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 2020 Yamaha 195S Boat

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still don’t understand why they omitted the seating capacity in the cockpit for a table. We would rarely use that and would always welcome more seating space. At least make it so you have a bench you could remove in place of the table. Sure it opens up true cockpit but it’s mainly just walking space you gain but lose seating capacity. Not only that but it also makes it harder to center the boat for water sports and would have to use some lead to offset everyone sitting on the port side.
The weight offset is the biggest thing for me. Even with a cooler on my side I often ask folks to shift around. We typically end up with all adults on the port side, and just the driver on starboard for some reason. I want a table, but not at the expense of that seat, and all that underseat storage that comes with it. Wonder if Yamaha moved the ladder to the Starboard side for this reason?

I do like that they moved the tongue jack to the drivers side. I hate stepping over the tongue when hooking up/removing from the truck.

@Hoyt It looks like the new covers go OVER the towers when folded. Does this mean the dealership gives you the shipping brackets as well to hold the tower in the "down" position during travelling? I'm also very curious to see how the white paint/powdercoating on the tower bases holds up.

Another question......what are the little white "dots" under the cupholders on the rear platform?

Last edited:

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still don’t understand why they omitted the seating capacity in the cockpit for a table. We would rarely use that and would always welcome more seating space. At least make it so you have a bench you could remove in place of the table. Sure it opens up the cockpit but it’s mainly just walking space you gain but you lose seating capacity and storage. Not only that but it also makes it harder to center the boat for water sports and would have to use some lead to offset everyone sitting on the port side.
As the operator, I personally enjoy the space behind me. Plenty of storage space on the boat for my use. We rarely have more that total of 3 on ours, i guess with more people, i could see that but then I'd get a 21 or 24 ft boat.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another question......what are the little white "dots" under the cupholders on the rear platform?
Those are the cup holder drains.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
And this is the number one feature on the 19s that I really wish they kept. All the others are positive additions but I think if they really wanted to add a table, add it in the bow and keep the seating.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the operator, I personally enjoy the space behind me. Plenty of storage space on the boat for my use. We rarely have more that total of 3 on ours, i guess with more people, i could see that but then I'd get a 21 or 24 ft boat.
When we had the 192 my starboard rear compartment held our fenders and bow filler cushion (which takes up a lot of room when stowed). The port locker held our air pumps, tools, emergency first-aid kit, inflatables, battery and switch. I would not want to have that stuff all crammed into a single compartment or loosely laying on the cockpit floor in storage containers. I just don’t see losing storage as a viable solution to adding a table nobody ever asked about. As mentioned they could have added a table mount to the bow and kept the additional seating and storage in the cockpit but instead it’s like they gutter half of the cockpit for no good reason other than to give space for a table. Just seems ...strange. It would be one thing if this was like a dive door side access or something for the FSH but just don’t see it as a big bonus layout. The angled walkway and added helm storage help at least.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I 100% agree with the entirety of this post :D

The angled walkway and added helm storage help at least.
This alone is a BIG help. As a larger fella who is routinely shoulders deep into that port storage area, I would appreciate the angled door immensely. I added the helm storage door to mine for ~$100, but am not 100% happy with the way the latches work.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we had the 192 my starboard rear compartment held our fenders and bow filler cushion (which takes up a lot of room when stowed). The port locker held our air pumps, tools, emergency first-aid kit, inflatables, battery and switch. I would not want to have that stuff all crammed into a single compartment or loosely laying on the cockpit floor in storage containers. I just don’t see losing storage as a viable solution to adding a table nobody ever asked about. As mentioned they could have added a table mount to the bow and kept the additional seating and storage in the cockpit but instead it’s like they gutter half of the cockpit for no good reason other than to give space for a table. Just seems ...strange. It would be one thing if this was like a dive door side access or something for the FSH but just don’t see it as a big bonus layout. The angled walkway and added helm storage help at least.
Understand... but I've got on board on mine
Port rear: A Rolled up Inflatable Paddle board behind the battery slid to the back and I can fit my electric air pump, fishing rods, ISUP pump, bow anchor cushion and port side rear cushion in that one compartment.
Starboard Rear: Porta Potti, 24 pack of water bottles, 3 chairs and the table leg, tool kit and grill still fits when i bring it.
Helm locker has more tools, oils, cleaning supplies etc...
Under Starboard bow: my 4 fenders and a spare anchor and bow lines.
passenger storage has my life vests and the middle rear cushion and the table. Under front bow we have towels etc...
Cooler goes behind me and food bag behind passenger seat.
ski locker holds a tube and inflatable mat and toys.

If I bring more than this on a boat, I should buy a cottage :) ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well thank goodness they figured out that no drains (or drains to bilge) are a dumb idea on those two cupholders.

Thanks for the info!
They have been using those on I know for sure the 24’ boats for years. It would be nice if all of the cooxkpit cup holders had the same drain system to empty to the cockpit which would flow out the scupper in a heavy rain or boat wash. I think the FSH boats all have a cockpit cup holder drainage system.

My Moomba doesn’t have drains either but my flooring is designed to get wet and empties to the bilge. I still wish I had cockpit drains for the 16 cup holders in my Max. Those fittings should be easy to find and add but IMO should come from the factory for any boat these days.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We personal love the table, and it's location. Big pet peeve on our current boat is our cooler has to sit on floor in center of rear seat. Only feasible place to put it. So having the option to tuck it behind helm seat is awesome. Out of the way of foot traffic. Which in turn keeps people from stepping on our seats. Mostly we have 2-4 people only on board. Rarely 6. Never had 8. So losing seating for functionality isn't a problem for us. Storage for us really consists of life jackets, safety box and throwable, towels, snack bag, and cooler. We fit this currently in our 18.5' glastron no problem except cooler. So this 195S will be way better. Add stereo equipment and we still got room.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt It looks like the new covers go OVER the towers when folded. Does this mean the dealership gives you the shipping brackets as well to hold the tower in the "down" position during travelling? I'm also very curious to see how the white paint/powdercoating on the tower bases holds up.

That's a great question. I'm sure he would if I asked for them(I will be now for sure). We did buy the mooring cover as well so it would be a great question for sure if it covers with tower down, or only up. He of course is giving us the shown white shipping cover as well, but I've heard they only last a few seasons.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a great question. I'm sure he would if I asked for them(I will be now for sure). We did buy the mooring cover as well so it would be a great question for sure if it covers with tower down, or only up. He of course is giving us the shown white shipping cover as well, but I've heard they only last a few seasons.
I got two seasons from my shipping cover. I towed with it quite a lot. Probably had 1,500-2k miles on it when it finally deteriorated enough to warrant replacement.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got two seasons from my shipping cover. I towed with it quite a lot. Probably had 1,500-2k miles on it when it finally deteriorated enough to warrant replacement.
Oh nice. Really nice. I may be able to get much more out of it then. I'm only going to use it during winter months here over top the mooring cover while at storage.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup I got a lot of use from my shipping cover as well since we tow everywhere. Aside from the wear the few times I used it with anti-pooling poles the cover wore great and AFAIK is still being used by the current owner.

The Shipping covers are pretty robust and have nice felt lining. I’d for sure use that one for towing and the mooring cover for times on the water.

FireFighterHill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Around here in VA we won't get deals until next year's models. That is if they are around. Like 2019 models are great priced right now, but pickings are really really thin. I could've got 2019 Sx195 for $32,000 but that's not what we want
Do you mind sharing this Dealers info? Did the price they give you include any dealer fees?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you mind sharing this Dealers info? Did the price they give you include any dealer fees?
It was $33,500 I think out the door for that Sx190. We wanted the supercharged engine and tower though. So we went 195s. I think it was Fredericksburg Motor Sports that offered that

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So our boat has arrived. Still gonna be a week or so before we can take delivery, buuuuutttt dealer sent a couple teaser pics. Sadly I see no bow filler door, or joystick. However, we are still in love.
View attachment 104641
View attachment 104642View attachment 104643View attachment 104644View attachment 104645
Have you tried the mooring cover yet? Just curious, I’m signing the paperwork for the same boat this Saturday and I noticed that the tower is built slightly different from the AR’s. The mooring cover flaps around the area where the emblem that says 195S is. That base is taller than the AR’s so I would think the Velcro flap would be too short. Since the boat is so new even the Yamaha site doesn’t have the 195S as an option under covers.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you tried the mooring cover yet? Just curious, I’m signing the paperwork for the same boat this Saturday and I noticed that the tower is built slightly different from the AR’s. The mooring cover flaps around the area where the emblem that says 195S is. That base is taller than the AR’s so I would think the Velcro flap would be too short. Since the boat is so new even the Yamaha site doesn’t have the 195S as an option under covers.
I have not even took it out the box yet. Still customizing in the driveway. So I haven't got around to trying cover on yet

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have not even took it out the box yet. Still customizing in the driveway. So I haven't got around to trying cover on yet
I don’t take possession of mine for at least a month while I get my garage doors enlarged. If you happen to put it on let me know how it fits and maybe the part number off the box. Hope you’re enjoying yours, I’m pretty stoked to get mine. I’m going from this beauty pictured below to the 195S.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t take possession of mine for at least a month while I get my garage doors enlarged. If you happen to put it on let me know how it fits and maybe the part number off the box. Hope you’re enjoying yours, I’m pretty stoked to get mine. I’m going from this beauty pictured below to the 195S.
View attachment 105715
That's a gorgeous oldie there for sure.

We absolutely are in love with the 195S. It's not only gorgeous, but great boat. We see now why there are alot of pictures of people hanging out on the swim deck. It really is the best part on the boat. Wetsounds speakers sound great. I was shocked. We are still upgrading it, but at least the cabin speakers and radio sound great as is. The engine is no where near as loud as I was expecting from the forum stories. There is OEM sound proofing installed from factory though. Steering is not horrible, but it's not i/O either. We added Cobra Steering System, and it's a breeze to steer now. All in all it's amazing. I'll be posting a build thread soon with little things so keep an eye out, and will have the cover on in next week or so as well