• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 2020 Yamaha 195S Boat

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Any reason why you chose the Cobra System over the JBP Thrust Vector X? I’ve read great reviews of both. While the Cobra System is not as pretty, I’ve fabricated enough stuff to know it looks like it is a stout piece of hardware.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any reason why you chose the Cobra System over the JBP Thrust Vector X? I’ve read great reviews of both. While the Cobra System is not as pretty, I’ve fabricated enough stuff to know it looks like it is a stout piece of hardware.
Because of the AK19 Super ultimate fin design. The Cobra Jet helps all steering low and high speed. Whereas JBP is low speed. Cobra also has a slight fin up to help with reverse. The 2020 has built in lateral thrusters so Cobra was what I went with. Super easy install, and work flawlessly

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Cobra Viper on our AR190 and it works very well. I picked the Viper because it provides benefits in several areas, ie. Low speed, high speed, turning and provides more plaining surface for stability in surf. Easy install as well. Just my 2 cents. Love the 195s. I had to stop looking at the pics because my overactive mind was luring me into a trade in.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I've been wiring up a wetsounds sounds system the past two days (details coming soon in a build thread). Anywho, today was the day I got all batteries, chargers, distro blocks, and amps installed. Pulled the Fusion head unit out of the swim platform to hook up RCA cables and Remote wires to Fusions RCA outputs (Has 3. Zone 1, Zone 2,and Sub.). This is what I find..... Yamaha has cut the output RCA cables, and crimped them off. WTF Yamaha. So a simple plug and play became me splicing 3 sets of RCA cables to the head unit.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha has cut the output RCA cables, and crimped them off.
This seems to be a common way for them to ensure the pre-outs are not left dangling and causing issues, such as corrosion or noise. They could put rubber boots over them, but instead they do this. I understand Fusion has a pre-out replacement harness that can be ordered so no splicing, just plug in the new connector with RCA's.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This seems to be a common way for them to ensure the pre-outs are not left dangling and causing issues, such as corrosion or noise. They could put rubber boots over them, but instead they do this. I understand Fusion has a pre-out replacement harness that can be ordered so no splicing, just plug in the new connector with RCA's.
Damn. Should've posted this first. I've already spliced. No big deal just time consuming is all. At least the next guy hopefully reads this, and sees

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The engine is no where near as loud as I was expecting from the forum stories. There is OEM sound proofing installed from factory though.
They must have put some serious thought and effort into sound deadening, kudos to them!

My 2012 190 was stupid loud, I actually laughed riding it the first time it was so bad.

--

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They must have put some serious thought and effort into sound deadening, kudos to them!

My 2012 190 was stupid loud, I actually laughed riding it the first time it was so bad.

--
I guess they did. There's dynamat type material all around the outside of engine compartment. Only visible in the depths of compartments that aren't finished fiberglass/carpet. Including under the swim deck area. I was excited to see a engine hatch seal (first thing I was going to add). Even more happy to see sound proofing already there.
Maybe they have forum spies and are listening.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
The 2012 was around 95 dba when at cruising speed compared to today's new models that are closer to 85. Pretty big difference and now I understand why there was so much talk of the jet boats being loud several years ago.

Last edited:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From my reading, 2017 model was the year they got serious about reducing engine and ride noise.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 2012 was around 95 dba when at cruising speed compared to today's new models that are closer to 85. Pretty big difference and now I understand why there was so much talk of the jet boats being loud several years ago.
Yep, that's over two fold difference in perception of loudness!
Also, I believe 95dB is a level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss, it's no joke.

--

Montana

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Could you add a house battery, or do folks just carry a portable jump battery, for those day on the water listening to tunes and not worrying about starting the engine?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you add a house battery, or do folks just carry a portable jump battery, for those day on the water listening to tunes and not worrying about starting the engine?
Depends on your setup. More stereo = more batteries. I think I saw somewhere that a guy had like 4 or 6 10in subs in a 230. Had 4 batteries in it. Totally not worth it for me.

Mine setup REALLY light (stock POS AR190 stereo + 300W Sound Bar). I just carry a jump pack. Been as long as 8hrs constant with the stereo at about 65% volume and it still started no problem. These little 1.8's don't take much to turn over.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added 2 Duracell group 31 batteries as suggested by several members. These are strictly sound system batteries. I replaced stock battery switch with a perko switch. So sounds are on 1, house on 2. So while engine running switch is on ALL, sand bar listening switch on 1. Off kills it all. Also added Noco Genius on board charger to all three batteries for charging after use. My sound system is all wetsounds. About 2000 watts rms running about 1700 rms after tuning.

Here's a Pic of my electronics area. Behind the house battery (hard to see) is the 2 Duracell batteries. 106152

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the rev 10s on my 2019 with the wetsounds SDX-2 amp and they are LOUD.

If I had any advice to give you on install It would be to mount them as far out on the tower as you can to avoid people smacking their heads on them lol

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the rev 10s on my 2019 with the wetsounds SDX-2 amp and they are LOUD.

If I had any advice to give you on install It would be to mount them as far out on the tower as you can to avoid people smacking their heads on them lol
They are installed. I have a build thread over in the 19' sub forum. They are indeed loud. I put them right above seats. Hasn't been a problem at all

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you tried the mooring cover yet? Just curious, I’m signing the paperwork for the same boat this Saturday and I noticed that the tower is built slightly different from the AR’s. The mooring cover flaps around the area where the emblem that says 195S is. That base is taller than the AR’s so I would think the Velcro flap would be too short. Since the boat is so new even the Yamaha site doesn’t have the 195S as an option under covers.
Mooring cover fits gorgeously with the tower up. I've yet to try with tower down though.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does this mean the dealership gives you the shipping brackets as well to hold the tower in the "down" position during travelling?
I got them with my 2019 AR210, I just assumed everyone was given these in case you had to fold the tower down to fit it in a garage.

Have you tried the mooring cover yet? Just curious, I’m signing the paperwork for the same boat this Saturday and I noticed that the tower is built slightly different from the AR’s. The mooring cover flaps around the area where the emblem that says 195S is. That base is taller than the AR’s so I would think the Velcro flap would be too short. Since the boat is so new even the Yamaha site doesn’t have the 195S as an option under covers.
That's how the mooring cover fits on the AR's too. It looks taller than it is, and you can see from his pics, it fits the same way as mine does on my boat.

Maybe they have forum spies and are listening.
There are enough issues that persist, such as the anchor locker drain, that if they DO have "spies", they're only listening on issues they're concerned about. Our input and notification of such issues haven't changed their practices much, if at all.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got them with my 2019 AR210, I just assumed everyone was given these in case you had to fold the tower down to fit it in a garage.
I didn't get them with my '17 AR190. Don't think I would have used them very often, but would've been nice to have.

That's how the mooring cover fits on the AR's too. It looks taller than it is, and you can see from his pics, it fits the same way as mine does on my boat.
I think his fits a little higher than the standard AR tower. I'll have the boat out for cleaning tomorrow, I'll snap a pic. Mine sits down below the tightening knob, almost all the way on the fiberglass in the back.

Just noticed his also has the fueling access door on it. My '17 cover DOES NOT have that. Yet another "WTF Yamaha".

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think his fits a little higher than the standard AR tower. I'll have the boat out for cleaning tomorrow, I'll snap a pic. Mine sits down below the tightening knob, almost all the way on the fiberglass in the back.

Just noticed his also has the fueling access door on it. My '17 cover DOES NOT have that. Yet another "WTF Yamaha".
I gotcha, my cover fits the same as what you describe.

On the fuel door access, my '19 mooring cover has it, but it isn't properly placed. Open it up, and I can see about a quarter of the fuel fill cover. Dunno if it's supposed to be a 2020 cover, as I remember someone on here having to wait quite awhile for a new one. I haven't checked the white shipping cover, but I figured that was gonna be my backup.