• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 Yamaha 195S

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You don't need to buy the card from them. It's just a Sandisk 16GB micro sd card. The data they write to the card is encrypted. If you were purchasing a new subscription they would probably download to any card as long as storage capacity was sufficient. You have to use a program they provide to download and update the data called Chart Installer.

Attachments

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A friend of mine gave me a Navtronics card out of a GPS unit he got out of a wrecked boat. I'm gonna try that and see if it works. It's not yamaha though

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wife has been working 12 hour shifts so finally got a chance to take the boat out and give her a Mothers Day break. It was also the first time we'd had the new 195S on the water. Parks and ramps now open in Texas. It performed flawlessly. After completing the break in procedure she was a lot of fun to drive. Has more power than I will ever need so don't plan any other performance upgrades. The wind and chop made it a little challenging to put on the trailer with the Bimini top up but eventually got it on there. First time for the wife and she was a little nervous. Trailer guides are a must in IMHO. Lake water 76 degrees.

Attachments

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wife has been working 12 hour shifts so finally got a chance to take the boat out and give her a Mothers Day break. It was also the first time we'd had the new 195S on the water. Parks and ramps now open in Texas. It performed flawlessly. After completing the break in procedure she was a lot of fun to drive. Has more power than I will ever need so don't plan any other performance upgrades. The wind and chop made it a little challenging to put on the trailer with the Bimini top up but eventually got it on there. First time for the wife and she was a little nervous. Trailer guides are a must in IMHO. Lake water 76 degrees.
That's awesome buddy. So glad yall were able to get it out. May the fun begin

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just came home from taking delivery of the new 2020 195S. Here are a few shots. An awesome dealer experience from Marineland in Waco TX.
Does anyone know the maker of those new rims?

they would be a great match to my tow vehicle.
Or if someone is getting rid of their stock ones let me know

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We loved our test drive, but let me warn you.... The boat will be in break in period for first 1.5 hours. Meaning you can't open it up past 5k rpm until 1.5 hours 😭😭😭. That part sucked for us on our test drive. Good time to check out everything else though
My understanding is that the break-in procedure for the 195S is, idle for 15 minutes, run up to 5K RPM for 1.5 hours, then it's ok to go WOT. Is that correct?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My understanding is that the break-in procedure for the 195S is, idle for 15 minutes, run up to 5K RPM for 1.5 hours, then it's ok to go WOT. Is that correct?
That is correct yes according to the owners manual

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I believe it's 5 mins under 2k (idle is ~1300), then 90 mins under 5k for the supercharged SVHO engines for a total of 95 mins.
For the regular HO engines it's 5 mins idle, then 30 under 5k, then 60 under 6k for a total of 95 mins.

We took it a little easier on our engines and gradually revved up over the course of 10 hours which is equivalent to 600 miles on a car engine. We did the 5 mins idle, then kept it under 3000rpm for the next 40 varying the throttle back and forth (found No Wake Mode helped with this and I would speed up and down using the buttons) and used the time to learn the features of the boat. Then after 45 mins we revved up to 5500rpm to get on plane and varied a bit till we hit 100 mins, then sped up to 6000rpm. Pushing her to 6k from idle was impressive acceleration. We slowly worked higher till we were hitting 7k over the next few hours. Didn't go full WOT till we hit 10 hours about the third day. Note that 6k is about 38mph crusing which was plenty fast to zip around and break her in - spent most of that time around 5500 which is decent cruising speed at 30mph. She now hits 52mph consistently with 3 people and full fuel and has a top speed of 53.8 on GPS on several runs. I think we'll break 54 on a good day with just the two of us and low fuel.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did any of you have problems with the SVHO engine stalling? If so, was it only when new or did it happen all season long when the engine was cold?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did any of you have problems with the SVHO engine stalling? If so, was it only when new or did it happen all season long when the engine was cold?
I haven't had a single stall at all honestly

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I haven't had a single stall at all honestly
Mine stalled during the orientation from the dealer in December. They told me me it's very common with the SVHO when cold but it left me feeling uneasy. Then it went straight into storage. Then it stalled again when I unwrapped it last weekend. I'm hoping once out on the water with a full tank of fresh gas it'll perform better.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
These engines are fuel injected and should never stall out unless there's a problem. I'm guessing old untreated gas too, and she will probably run much better with fresh gas. Let us know how it works out.