• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 Yamaha 195S

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are 2 different boats in those shots - notice the white hull on one? The 195s only comes in suede grey. The rims look different on the 195s...wonder if they changed them...
Definitely two different boats in those pics. 195S has the wheels with the holes in them. Looks like the other boat is a SX. Folded tower would be way higher
20191109_155751.jpg

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are 2 different boats in those shots - notice the white hull on one? The 195s only comes in suede grey. The rims look different on the 195s...wonder if they changed them...
Thank you for pointing that out. You have a sharp eye. For some reason never noticed the gray color on the bottom of the boat. At one point I did ask the dealer what the factory cover looked like. He may have just snapped a photo of a boat on the lot with a similar cover. I do like the wheels.

Last edited:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for pointing that out. You have a sharp eye. My monitors or my eyes did not pick up the color shade difference. At one point I did ask him what the factory cover looked like. He may have just snapped a photo of a boat on the lot with a similar cover. I do like the wheels.
The white covers are "shipping" covers to protect the boat during transport to the dealer. The factory mooring covers are black or dark grey. You'll likely want one of those for your new boat. The new ones are made by Outer Armour for Yamaha and are strapless for trailering.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The white covers are "shipping" covers to protect the boat during transport to the dealer. The factory mooring covers are black or dark grey. You'll likely want one of those for your new boat. The new ones are made by Outer Armour for Yamaha and are strapless for trailering.
He's absolutely right. You'll want both honestly. Shipping cover is free, but won't last long over weekly use on and off. We use ours as winter cover over top the mooring cover. During season strictly the mooring cover. Comes off before we trailer to go to water, and back on after wash before going to storage yard for the week (Damn home owners association)

This is the mooring cover
20191002_173446.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My shipping cover had many, many miles of use and held up great.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dealer said we could probably get a couple of years out of it if storing the boat outdoors. Signed the contract today to have a metal storage garage constructed. Should be completed in 2-3 weeks. Will look at the mooring cover as an option. Were fortunate here to have an acre of land 5 miniutes outside city limits. No HOA and no city taxes.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well dealer just confirmed today that these are the wheels on the new 195S we purchased. Wonder if this is just a one off or Yamaha has changed the rim style.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well dealer just confirmed today that these are the wheels on the new 195S we purchased. Wonder if this is just a one off or Yamaha has changed the rim style.
The 2020's get fancy rims. My 212S has "dubs" now too.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 2020's get fancy rims. My 212S has "dubs" now too.
It would be nice if Yamaha kept their marketing materials and website up to date. None of the google, boat trader or dealer photos show these rims.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I wish those were on mine. They look way better then my bullet holes 😒. That is galvanized trailer correct? Looks like it

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish those were on mine. They look way better then my bullet holes 😒. That is galvanized trailer correct? Looks like it
Yes it is. Just thought it was worth a few extra dollars over the painted trailer. Came with the spare tire and mount.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it is. Just thought it was worth a few extra dollars over the painted trailer. Came with the spare tire and mount.
Curious to see what we get with ours...we're freshwater only so we stuck to the nicer looking black painted trailer.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curious to see what we get with ours...we're freshwater only so we stuck to the nicer looking black painted trailer.

I'd prefer the painted. However, we are half and half depending where we go that weekend. So galvanized is our best bet. With the painted you should get nice wheels as well.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
From our dealer the upgraded galvanized trailer was a package deal that also came with spare tire/mount, fire ext, battery and cover. Your mileage may vary.

JNovak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! We are also about to negotiate on the 195S and was wondering what I can expect to pay (over MSRP) out-the-door. I realize tax & reg. costs are different across the country but in general how much over Yamaha's advertised price can I expect to see? With prep, tax, registration, cover, etc...are we at 41.5k - 42k or people out there getting better deals? In the Midwest anyway, dealerships are normally offering their best deals this time of year and I hope to take advantage of it. Thanks!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here in south Texas I was at MSRP on the boat plus tax title, license, freight and lake test fee ($200) I added in the upgraded trailer ($800) that included the spare tire/mount, battery, fire extinguisher and cover. At least this way I can use in salt or fresh water. And you have a gray bottom boat that matches the gray/silver trailer.

Last edited:

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been receiving a few of the planned upgrades for the boat. The new Goodyear Endurance radial tires arrived yesterday. Really nice looking tires. If anyone is interested in the factory fresh bias tires please let me know. The only miles on them would be from the dealer home. About 85 miles.

Attachments

Last edited:

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone pull these boats with a larger 3/4 ton truck? I have a 4x4 diesel Ford Excursion that sits fairly high. Just wondered how much of a hitch drop would be required.

Last edited:

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 2inch drop on my f250, trailer is a little nose down.... the frame is about 18 inches off the ground if memory serves me right (galvanized trailer)

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2inch drop on my f250, trailer is a little nose down.... the frame is about 18 inches off the ground if memory serves me right (galvanized trailer)
Thank you. I'll take a few measurements. I also have the galvanized trailer. Now that I think about it I do have an adjustable drop down hitch. Just need to get it out of storage.