• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 Yamaha 195S

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am expecting the LED trailer lights in this week. Then I just need to wire up the trailer guide lights and we should be good to go. Looks like Shorelandr needs to up there game. When I pulled those trailer lights they were the same bulb configuration on our ShuttleCraft trailer and it was from 1997. The world has since moved to LED lighting. Retail for me was $26. How much would it cost them to upgrade? These should be plug and play with the connectors already on them.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you! Sold! Just purchased them. You should get a commission Hoyt. Thanks!

Nah it's stock. Just never used. I did put seadek pad on it though.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received my remaining upgrades this week so plan to get them installed this weekend. Anyone ever have water intrusion into the Shorelandr LED trailer lights? They came with all mounting hardware and appear to be plug and play with the correct connector.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I received my remaining upgrades this week so plan to get them installed this weekend. Anyone ever have water intrusion into the Shorelandr LED trailer lights? They came with all mounting hardware and appear to be plug and play with the correct connector.
Are those the shorelander lights or Amazon? Looks like the shorelander versions are plug and play vs. having to cut.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am expecting the LED trailer lights in this week. Then I just need to wire up the trailer guide lights and we should be good to go. Looks like Shorelandr needs to up there game. When I pulled those trailer lights they were the same bulb configuration on our ShuttleCraft trailer and it was from 1997. The world has since moved to LED lighting. Retail for me was $26. How much would it cost them to upgrade? These should be plug and play with the connectors already on them.
This 100%. I actually called Shorelandr before I bought my 56k boat to ask WTF the trailer came with bulb lights (as Shorelandr's website stated all their trailers for this weight class come with LED's.) They told me that's how Yamaha orders them. What a LAME cost saving venture. Yamaha, if you're reading this, step up your game.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The trailer overall appears pretty stout. But the lights and bow roller could be improved. Received my Drotto latch so anxious to see how that works.

Last edited:

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I registered the trailer with Shorelandr. Does Yamaha have a registration process for their boats and engines?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got around to installing the new LED trailer lights and lighted guides this weekend. Purchased these water proof butt connectors. If you have a heat gun these were simple and easy to use. - 170PCS Solder Seal Wire Connector Kit, Qibaok Heat Shrink Butt Terminal Waterproof Insulated Electrical Butt Splice for Automotive Marine Boat Truck Stereo Wire Joint: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Just spliced in the guide post wires to the brown (hot) and white (ground) wires off the trailer lights.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I've finally finished up the upgrades for the new 195S this weekend. Would really like to get her into the water. So far the list includes radial tires, led trailer lights, bow roller, lighted trailer guides with covers, Cobra AR 19 fins, boat buckles and SeaDek step through mats. I really like having a dedicated metal garage for the boat. I've been able to clean and tinker away during the heavy rains this spring. The only item on the bucket list is a nice tower mirror. I don't like the windshield suction mirrors.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those of you who have pulled the micro sd card from the Connext system for an online update via Navionics. Is it a push in to release or just a friction pull outward to get the sd card out. Not much to grab on and I did not want to break it. Next to impossible to find a user guide or manual for these helm controllers. Nothing I could find in owners manual or service manual and nothing on Actia's site accept marketing garbage.

Last edited:

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
For those of you who have pulled the micro sd card from the Connext system for an online update via Navionics. Is it a push in to release or just a friction pull outward to get the sd card out. Not much to grab on and I did not want to break it. Next to impossible to find a user guide or manual for these helm controllers. Nothing I could find in owners manual or service manual and nothing on Actia's site accept marketing garbage.
I haven't removed mine so can't comment on removal but here's some good info from another user @Drexx3
"I was able to ultimately easily update the card with local detail. You download the chart installer program from the Navionics website. It will automatically detect the card once inserted. Had to make sure the device brand Actia was selected (so it knows the supported map features). Initially I couldn’t update as it said there wasn’t enough storage available. there was about 6GB of map data on the card. I used the option to delete existing map data then selected the local map data I wanted to download and downloaded it. as a side note, interestingly the Connext still displayed map info even when the card was not inserted. i haven’t had the chance to compare the map with the updated card inserted vs removed. "

Looks like we get our first year free but then have to pay a yearly fee after that.
-Mike

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha sent me another micro sd card for the Connext system. With a little help from a Navionics chat session I was able to register and update the card with all the recent maps and charts. I now have current maps at the helm control. It's the little things in life that sometimes give the most joy...:)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yamaha sent me another micro sd card for the Connext system. With a little help from a Navionics chat session I was able to register and update the card with all the recent maps and charts. I now have current maps at the helm control. It's the little things in life that sometimes give the most joy...:)
That's nice - I'll be doing that soon. How much did you have to ride the struggle bus to get that to happen?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just contacted the dealers parts department. It took a couple of weeks for Yamaha to fullfill the request due to all of them working from home. But pretty painless overall. The updates on the card were several GB so took about an hour to complete.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just contacted the dealers parts department. It took a couple of weeks for Yamaha to fullfill the request due to all of them working from home. But pretty painless overall. The updates on the card were several GB so took about an hour to complete.
I plugged my card into Navtronics site a few months ago..... Computer keeps asking me to reformat the card. I didn't obviously, but Navtronics site doesn't recognize a card at all. I ended up giving up all together and put card back in conext. Now it says SD card not inserted 😭

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to get a replacement card from our Yamaha dealer. The Connext would not recognize the original card and I had no maps. Once I had the new card the Navtronics app told me the subscription was expired. I opened a chat session with their support. She asked for the serial number for the card. It's in a txt file in the root folder once you turn on "view hidden files" in explorer. Once she had that number she fixed my issue and I was able to update the card. Took two weeks to get the card from Yamaha. Those little cards are wafer thin and very easy to damage. Just use care when removing and reinserting the card.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had to get a replacement card from our Yamaha dealer. The Connext would not recognize the original card and I had no maps. Once I had the new card the Navtronics app told me the subscription was expired. I opened a chat session with their support. She asked for the serial number for the card. It's in a txt file in the root folder once you turn on "view hidden files" in explorer. Once she had that number she fixed my issue and I was able to update the card. Took two weeks to get the card from Yamaha. Those little cards are wafer thin and very easy to damage. Just use care when removing and reinserting the card.
Does that card use some sort of strange file format? I'd imagine it's fat32? Wouldn't just an off the shelf card work if you "transferred" your serial number over?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes the data is stored in a proprietary encrypted format. They don't want you copying it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes the data is stored in a proprietary encrypted format. They don't want you copying it.
I guess what I'm saying is, why do you need to order the card from them, if you need to download an update anyway? In my mind, you could clone the card onto a new card off the shelf card, then download the update onto the new card. Or am I missing something?