• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 Yamaha 195S

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just came home from taking delivery of the new 2020 195S. Here are a few shots. An awesome dealer experience from Marineland in Waco TX.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just came home from taking delivery of the new 2020 195S. Here are a few shots. An awesome dealer experience from Marineland in Waco X.
Love the wheels.

Congrats buddy. Yall are gonna love this summer

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Added a new metal garage for the boat. It completed on delivery day. How cool is that. It's an 18x26 with two entrance doors, 3 windows and a 10x10 commercial garage door. We did have to lower the tower to get through the door but were able to raise it once inside.

Attachments

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cobra Kit installed. Jeff is awesome to work with. Sent me very detailed photos and instructions via email on how the install process differed on the newer model boats. There were minor differences from his Youtube video and the install document included with the kit. Can't wait for the first water test. Also got the trailer guides partially installed. Waiting for my LED trailer lights so I can complete the electrical for the lighted guides. Sea Dek install from JetBoatPilot was very simple.

Attachments

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Cobra Kit installed. Jeff is awesome to work with. Sent me very detailed photos and instructions via email on how the install process differed on the newer model boats. There were minor differences from his Youtube video and the install document included with the kit. Can't wait for the first water test. Also got the trailer guides partially installed. Waiting for my LED trailer lights so I can complete the electrical for the lighted guides. Sea Dek install from JetBoatPilot was very simple.
It got to 55 today here in Cincinnati so I did my Cobra install as well! I had to grind the bosses off the back of my anode as the factory bolts weren’t long enough. Only got about 2 threads into the nyloc nuts. Once the bosses were gone I got full purchase into the nuts. How’d did yours fit?

Last edited:

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sat down last night and read through the owners manual for the 195S. Some nice checklists that I captured on my phone. Wife had asked me if it was ok to leave table and cooler installed while traveling down the road. She wanted the extra storage space. Maybe I missed it in the manual but I did not see any restrictions on the topic. To me it looks like the table could become a flying square frizby since it's only held on my a plastic boot. The dealer also suggested we store several of the removable cushions.

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sat down last night and read through the owners manual for the 195S. Some nice checklists that I captured on my phone. Wife had asked me if it was ok to leave table and cooler installed while traveling down the road. She wanted the extra storage space. Maybe I missed it in the manual but I did not see any restrictions on the topic. To me it looks like the table could become a flying square frizby since it's only held on my a plastic boot. The dealer also suggested we store several of the removable cushions.
We just had our maiden voyage on our brand new 195S yesterday! She's an awesome boat! I would definitely suggest stowing the table for trailering. Seems like the table leg definitely isn't going anywhere though. Cooler seems fine as long as it is strapped in tight and opens away from the direction of the wind. We kept our cooler in the truck. Man, that boat was tricky around the dock but that's because I have no idea what I am doing with a jet boat. Was dying to find someone with a 195S that drove it before and after a Cobra install to see if the improvement is there. However, I'm thinking of getting a Cobra no matter what after yesterday. Also, I got home from the very busy dock and immediately ordered trailer guides! I've been stowing all lose cushions since I don't have a boat cover yet. I don't trust them. Also, fair warning, all 4 times I've trailered, the rear port side lounge cushion was completely raised open by the time we got to our destination! Sbo be careful what you stow in there. I'm going to use industrial velcro to hold that one down since it's hinged.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey I noticed you said you already did the Sea Dek install. I'm thinking of doing that on our new 2020 AR210, but also a little nervous to do that to our brand new boat. How did it go - any big lessons learned? Did you rip off the swim platform pad and replace that too?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Daren and Heather It may have been a mistake but my wife just cleaned up the locations via the instructions and installed on the top of the swim platform pad. Feels pretty secure but only time will tell.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike P Thank you for the feedback. We've had some previous experience with jet powered boats/skis. After reading the reviews on the improved handling, the Cobra Jet fin mod seemed like a no brainer. Trailer guides are always a nice mod. @Hoyt convinced me.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just had our maiden voyage on our brand new 195S yesterday! She's an awesome boat! I would definitely suggest stowing the table for trailering. Seems like the table leg definitely isn't going anywhere though. Cooler seems fine as long as it is strapped in tight and opens away from the direction of the wind. We kept our cooler in the truck. Man, that boat was tricky around the dock but that's because I have no idea what I am doing with a jet boat. Was dying to find someone with a 195S that drove it before and after a Cobra install to see if the improvement is there. However, I'm thinking of getting a Cobra no matter what after yesterday. Also, I got home from the very busy dock and immediately ordered trailer guides! I've been stowing all lose cushions since I don't have a boat cover yet. I don't trust them. Also, fair warning, all 4 times I've trailered, the rear port side lounge cushion was completely raised open by the time we got to our destination! Sbo be careful what you stow in there. I'm going to use industrial velcro to hold that one down since it's hinged.

I did operate it with and without the Cobra fins. Slow speed is night and day difference. So much better with fins. High speed it feels super tight, but in a good way.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check my build thread. Industrial velcro from Lowes on underside of seat cushions hold them in no problem at all. I also used self taping screws to mount table permanently to leg. This keeps it from blowing off while trailering or boating. Now that I think of it.... I never posted pics of that. I'll do it tonight for ya.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat, love the colors and no decals, best of luck with it. After a handful of times out you will feel alot more comfortable in its handling.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is one of the reasons we chose this model. After watching the decals fade and peel on the RV and previous boats this just seemed simpler to maintain.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mike P
@gwrace1

Here's the table pics. Super simple, but super strong. I did pre drill (highly recommend because pole is hardened). I used Phillips head self taping screws so I can always take them out while in boat with a simple screwdriver.
20200302_165818.jpg

20200302_165823.jpg

20200302_165831.jpg

20200302_165845.jpg

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did operate it with and without the Cobra fins. Slow speed is night and day difference. So much better with fins. High speed it feels super tight, but in a good way.
Thank you! Sold! Just purchased them. You should get a commission Hoyt. Thanks!

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks so much. I actually watched the 2nd video since I bought from BMC but forgot everything out on the water with all the pressure of boaters everywhere coming in and going out. I'm going to watch both of them many times over before the next trip. I just ordered the Cobra kit too so thanks for much for that. I'm looking forward to hearing how your maiden voyage goes. We absolutely loved ours!