• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2430 VR/VRX - Actual Price/Invoice Price?

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Is there a way to figure what you SHOULD pay for a Chap 243/2430 VR/VRX? Say something like an invoice price VS the Chap web site price.... We currently have a Sea Doo 210 Challenger and are now ready to upgrade to something bigger and better. We love the jet boat and have always been BRP customers.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I bought mine in 2015 and at that I’d and I believe still the case, for new boats the web price holds pretty firm. Unless you can get a show discount.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply... Anyone else get one this spring??

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Another place to ask is over at this FB group. Join and see what folks say. Lot of current new owners there. FB Vortex group

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thank you, I already follow that group but didn't think if checking there. Thanks!

Jakester1967

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is there a way to figure what you SHOULD pay for a Chap 243/2430 VR/VRX? Say something like an invoice price VS the Chap web site price.... We currently have a Sea Doo 210 Challenger and are now ready to upgrade to something bigger and better. We love the jet boat and have always been BRP customers.
I bought my 2017 2430 VRX in Nov of last year so they wanted to really get rid of it (67K out the door). The dealer is amazing with all the work they have done and will do for me. I have a completely new 2019 interior, all new speakers and AMP, they will do the first 2 services for me at no cost, and at the 100 HR they will swap out the superchargers for the maintenance free ones at no charge as well...Chaparral is really standing by them and i am a very happy customer as of right now

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I bought my 2017 2430 VRX in Nov of last year so they wanted to really get rid of it (67K out the door). The dealer is amazing with all the work they have done and will do for me. I have a completely new 2019 interior, all new speakers and AMP, they will do the first 2 services for me at no cost, and at the 100 HR they will swap out the superchargers for the maintenance free ones at no charge as well...Chaparral is really standing by them and i am a very happy customer as of right now
Who did you buy from?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Fish Tales in Fort Meyers...Joe Davis was my salesman...
Thanks! I was hoping they were a little closer. 2-1/2 hours away. But, nice to know they are there. Thx

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the help, after this post, some phone calls and more research I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for a year or two old one equipped like we want. New is just getting too pricey.

Fire Capt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi, I'm new to the group - We're in the process of picking up a new Vortex 203 and I've found that the "national advertised" pricing means the dealers don't move on the price much, if at all. For me that meant working the trade route pretty well and finding a 2018 w/ the boat show discount. I think that's about the best you can do on new boats. It seems the used ones are holding their value also...

gone2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Kinda what we did, we got the last '17 when they were already stocked with 2018's, so they were trying to get rid of it but wouldn't really come off their current discounted list price. We didn't have a trade in, but got $300 ski/surf shop credit.

Fatdaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am getting quotes in Texas with seemingly crazy additional charges for a Chap 2430 VRX - $3,395 destination charge? WTF? As well as a Make Ready ($495) in addition to the somewhat standard Prep ($855). Please let me know if this is standard. The Yammies don't have this ridiculous charge and the Chap 23 h2o surf doesn't either ... thoughts? Advice? Thanks!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am getting quotes in Texas with seemingly crazy additional charges for a Chap 2430 VRX - $3,395 destination charge? WTF? As well as a Make Ready ($495) in addition to the somewhat standard Prep ($855). Please let me know if this is standard. The Yammies don't have this ridiculous charge and the Chap 23 h2o surf doesn't either ... thoughts? Advice? Thanks!!
If it's not a good price to start with I'd keep looking. Don't be afraid to travel. Believe it or not, there another good deal waiting to be snatched; keep looking.

Another way to approach this is with lots of extras (maintenance, shop supplies, equipment, better sound package, etc.). What else can you get out of them to help offset these addons.