• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR195 Owner - Any upgrades recommended?

Kellen McWhite

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a 4th pop-up cleat on each side which helps greatly with fender placement and docking.
I’ll have to pay attention to fender placement to see if it makes sense. Thanks.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I added a 4th pop-up cleat on each side which helps greatly with fender placement and docking.
Can you elaborate on "how" you installed the 4th cleat??? I would LOVE to replace my current cleats in the SX with pop-ups

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you elaborate on "how" you installed the 4th cleat??? I would LOVE to replace my current cleats in the SX with pop-ups
I ordered a factory pop-up cleat from https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/57e19c7787a8660eb0701b71/hull-deck-fittings #20. I taped off the area I wanted the cleat and used a hole bit slightly larger then the screw. For more support and to ensure I didn't have any stress cracks in the fiber glass I picked up a 2 inch wide by 1/4 inch piece of aluminum to help distribute the pressure.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I
I ordered a factory pop-up cleat from https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/57e19c7787a8660eb0701b71/hull-deck-fittings #20. I taped off the area I wanted the cleat and used a hole bit slightly larger then the screw. For more support and to ensure I didn't have any stress cracks in the fiber glass I picked up a 2 inch wide by 1/4 inch piece of aluminum to help distribute the pressure.
I would love to do this on my SX as a replacement to the standard cleats just not sure how much fiberglass patching I would end up doing.

Dubdaddy21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello I just got a new Stoltz roller for my trailer seems like a silly question but how tight do I bolt the roller and bells together?

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not too right as you want the bells and the roller to be able to rotate. I used a lot of waterproof grease on the shaft and between the roller/bells and the mount... helps them still roll when the bolt is snug.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello I just got a new Stoltz roller for my trailer seems like a silly question but how tight do I bolt the roller and bells together?
How did you take off the original roller?

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got a 195 recently, here is what I have done:
Replace bow roller with Stoltz
Replace trailer lights with LED
Install Boat Buckles on trailer
Install Thrust Vectors
Tint Windows
Removed stickers and named it ;)

Next on list:
Install Prosport 6
Mounting location for Fire Extinguisher
Spare tire on trailer
Paint horn grill (black)
Do you have any tips for removing the decals and making it look clean and not jacked up?
Curious about the trailer light swap - did you just swap the bulbs out, or the entire housing enclosure?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Use goo be gone for the decals. With a bit of scrubbing they come right off. For the trailer light swap the entire housing. If you get the shoreline one it is a direct plug in swap.