• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Gts 187 here

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! all i can say. Super Shady Dealer... I hope it works out for you. I would document everything they say to you...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Although the situation is anything but positive, just imagine what Patrick had to go through, and imagine what you would be dealing with if it were not for this web page and the posts that probably shocked you but ultimately confirmed your boats issues with documentation. I don't know if Patrick came out ok on this and if they made his agree not to discuss the situation etc, who knows?
But undeniably the posts on this web site speak for themselves and provide you with credibility to prove the boat may very well be defective and it is NOT operator inexperience as was suggested to you by the dealer. So thanks to this web site you are in a lot better position than the previous owner was.

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So I just read this whole thread. Holy crap! What a nightmare! I will be sure to share this with other potential boat buyers. Unfrickenbelievable!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is crazy! You should get a new boat and then some!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wonder if the selling dealer purchased the boat at auction and had no knowledge of the boats history, or was it the same dealer from the beginning. The comment about the boat being sent back to the factory and the factory saying the boat was ok leads me to think it's all the same dealer. I would think the person buying a used boat would not have the same expectations as a new boat owner would. That being said if it was the same dealer and he was aware of the boats history I think he made a mistake in judgment reselling the boat retail, he could have just wholesaled it or asked the factory to fix the boat or have the factory take it back since the dealer was also loosing money on the boats issues.
pretty interesting situation none the less.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@nickg123 If you have patrick's name from the title I would suggest trying to contact him to see what his final outcome was or any additional info you can get from him.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow!
I am very good at keeping my cool, but this would make me go off the deep end.
kudos to ya'll for not just f bombing the whole thing. Take them to court and get a good settlement.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sucks. I cant believe they have resold that thing. But, didn't you do a sea trial before you purchased the boat? That most definitely should have come out then.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The owner wants me to demonstrate the problem for him this Saturday and I will do so.
@nickg123 wondering what progress you made on it this week? Did you take the dealer on a ride to witness the problem ?

nickg123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey Everyone! I want to thank you guys once again for the continued support! I posted this thread to Glastrons facebook page and they actually reached out to me. I was surprised. I explained the issue and they said they will talk to their superiors and get back to me. They explained to me that they took this same boat in previously and deemed it safe for recreation. Obviously not the case when I almost wrecked it because it decided to turn on its own toward a concrete wall. That's where I am at right now, and until then I have no boat. I will keep you posted on what they say. I hope this can be resolved soon because there is wake that needs to be shred.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the update glad someone is listening to you and hopefully it will get corrected quickly.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
came across this in looking up info on the 207.

umm yikes. not sure what to say. @nickg123 Id certainly like to hear if/how they made it right... if, in fact that dealer resold the boat with a safety issue on the steering, there'd be massive cause for legal action(something which I hate, but unless absolutely necessary)

brand new boat breaks, and you're out use during summer months. and they arent helpful. HELL no..

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey Everyone! I want to thank you guys once again for the continued support! I posted this thread to Glastrons facebook page and they actually reached out to me. I was surprised. I explained the issue and they said they will talk to their superiors and get back to me. They explained to me that they took this same boat in previously and deemed it safe for recreation. Obviously not the case when I almost wrecked it because it decided to turn on its own toward a concrete wall. That's where I am at right now, and until then I have no boat. I will keep you posted on what they say. I hope this can be resolved soon because there is wake that needs to be shred.
Did you ever get the problem fixed with your boat?

Briansee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hi I'm new here also I have the same issues as Patrick I also bought mine new in 2014 and never owned a jet boat with a single drive I just thought that that was normal what I found was the more weight up front makes it worse when I am pulling I do not have the issue of it darting left in waves or trying to go left on plane I was hoping to read on a solution for this sense my dealer Wilson marine in mich didn't have 1

Karel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have a GTS 187 and it's difficult to stear straight. Dealer greased the steering and fixed the problem.

However since the grease wore off its happening again.

Also the damm boat will not start anymore. The dealer has the boat now for two months and can't figure it out either.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Karel @Briansee We are glad to have you on board. I'm sorry to hear about both of your problems. It's not what you sign up for when you buy a boat from a dealership.

Your boat should steer straight and start without issue.

reading through this post I would unfortunately tell you to dump these boats as fast as you can and chalk it up to a learning experience.

I would have no confidence in a boat that the dealer can't fix after the second visit. The sooner you rip the band aid off the sooner you can make your peace with it and move on.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I don't think you should sell the boat but I do think you need to find another dealership that know these motors. There's no reason a dealership should have a boat for two months because it won't start. They should be calling someone from BRP and finding out what the problem is.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Some drift is probably normal depending on where passengers are at and what wave/current conditions your getting, adding fins or thrust vectors should help a little, steering on mine seemed a lot better after I put them on and my passengers where in different configurations going out and back in. You can also add trim tabs to help stabilize further, I plan on adding those mine eventually.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Updates??? No other input from Glastron?!?!