• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Gts 187 here

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Well boat is back they didn't do anything to the hull. They said the wedge aka hook was within specs and the only thing they did was fix transom and horn. What a joke. They said they were not able to duplicate the pull to the left under acceleration. When slowing down it does dive to the left but I guess that's not a big concern to them. I installed sx trim tabs and going to use boat this weekend I will let u all know how it goes.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Patrick Wow....just read this whole thread and what an ordeal...seems like quite the run around for them to say there is nothing wrong! Why did they take the boat all the way back to the factory if there was nothing wrong? Very strange.

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yah you got me. I guess so they could fix the horn. My dealer has done nothing to help me out which is really pissing me off. So I guess I will try to do the best with what I have.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Probably not, but is there another dealer in the area? I don't know how likely they would be willing to go to bad for you, since you didn't but the boat from them.

Have you had it back on the water yet to see if the left pull is the same?

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yes had boat in the water today and boat still pulls to the left.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Could you try to adjust the steering cable some. It seems that if the boat is constantly pulling left, that the nozzle may not be properly aligned.

And perhaps with the pull on deceleration, it might be a ride plate issue (cooling plate) and you could check to see if that is flush on both sides.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the rep from Glastron tells me they dont do that. They are willing to try and make the repairs but the option of replacement or buy back they dont do.
On a BRAND NEW BOAT. . . . . you better believe I'd have my attorney on them like white on rice. I will never even LOOK at a Glastron if that is their position on the matter, and I'll let ALL of my friends know what NOT to buy. Did I mention I live on an Island AND have a house on the lake. . . . ? I know a LOT of people who boat.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
On a BRAND NEW BOAT. . . . . you better believe I'd have my attorney on them like white on rice. I will never even LOOK at a Glastron if that is their position on the matter, and I'll let ALL of my friends know what NOT to buy. Did I mention I live on an Island AND have a house on the lake. . . . ? I know a LOT of people who boat.
Perhaps it it time to wander down this road, especially if it is a safety type issue:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-use-the-federal-lemon-law-to-get-rid-of-lemon-boat

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely. . . . It can DEFINATELY be considered a SAFETY ISSUE. It sucks that it has to be this way but the Squeaky Wheel gets the grease.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just sent a message to Glastron using Facebook. They are very responsive for the most part on there. I linked this thread to them, and let them know this could lead to future costumer loss, and legal action if not handled. Lets see what they say.

https://www.facebook.com/glastronboats
@ScarabMike - Great Idea.

@Glastron Boats - Read post # 70. . . . . there are over 800 members on this forum alone. The stone you cast on this matter will have ripples that will reach FAR beyond just Patrick. Take care of our brother, and it will be made known that you stand by your boats and do the right thing. Do it not and your reputation will be tarnished.

Not every boat can be perfect off the line, what matters is HOW you handle THOSE boats not how many come off the line 100%

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the responses. I just cant figure out what to do. The boat with me on drivers seat and my wife and kids on the left the boat doesnt set level. When you take off and accelorate you can see it on the bow that the drivers side is down and there is a drag on this side. I put trim tabs on it and have the drivers side at full pressure and passenger side at the least amount and still doesnt help.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Maybe I am not following. The boat just floating doesn't sit level, and favors the starboard/right/drivers side ( I am using an assumption that your weight is near equal to your wife+young children. You could verify how it floats empty, maybe a level on the swim platform?). How about when your wife is at the helm and you are a passenger?

As you accelerate, there is additional drag on the starboard side, yet the boat is steering to the port/left/passenger side? This seems counter-intuitive.

I believe the fuel tank is centered, based on the access via the walk through. So off-axis weight presented by the fuel doesn't seem like a culprit.
My battery is on the port side, and I would assume yours would be too. Also I don't know if ~30 pounds is making the difference.

Have you checked the "ride plate" to see if that appears level, all bolts tight? Have you tried contacting Glastron? Another dealer?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I am not following. The boat just floating doesn't sit level, and favors the starboard/right/drivers side ( I am using an assumption that your weight is near equal to your wife+young children. You could verify how it floats empty, maybe a level on the swim platform?). How about when your wife is at the helm and you are a passenger?

As you accelerate, there is additional drag on the starboard side, yet the boat is steering to the port/left/passenger side? This seems counter-intuitive.

I believe the fuel tank is centered, based on the access via the walk through. So off-axis weight presented by the fuel doesn't seem like a culprit.
My battery is on the port side, and I would assume yours would be too. Also I don't know if ~30 pounds is making the difference.

Have you checked the "ride plate" to see if that appears level, all bolts tight? Have you tried contacting Glastron? Another dealer?
Glastron took it back to the factory and "Could not duplicate". . . . . . . Sounds fishy to me.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glastron took it back to the factory and "Could not duplicate". . . . . . . Sounds fishy to me.
Yea, almost like the dealer is playing some kind of shell game. I was going to buy a Glastron when I was looking for a boat, and the dealer (Top Notch Marine) was shady as hell. I went with the Scarab partly because MarineMax is a very large dealer, with a huge network, and not a "mom and pop". I have no idea why Glastron chooses to have these small dealers sell their product.

Heck, look at the trailer they wanted to supply with the boat. You cant even tie down the transom. Looks like a jet ski trailer,lol. They basically got the credit for not supplying the trailer that comes standard with the boat, and then made this trailer for it. Then, they promised a 2014 model, and while I was on my way to do the sea trial, they said "oops we made a booboo"... Not only did the boat not have a Bimini top, it was missing the wake tower, and didn't have the 4.3ltr MPI they had promised. I walked away from the deal, and they tried to keep my $1k deposit.

Attachments

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
He also commented (pg.1) that after 3 days the dealer was unable to duplicate the issue as well. Although apparently they could get it to steer when backing off throttle.

Rereading that page, apparently it was brought back to a tolerance issue with the transom. So I guess i can imagine that 1/8" can be overcome at speed, but when the propulsion is removed, the issue becomes more prominent and causes the steering.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yea, almost like the dealer is playing some kind of shell game. I was going to buy a Glastron when I was looking for a boat, and the dealer (Top Notch Marine) was shady as hell. I went with the Scarab partly because MarineMax is a very large dealer, with a huge network, and not a "mom and pop". I have no idea why Glastron chooses to have these small dealers sell their product.

Heck, look at the trailer they wanted to supply with the boat. You cant even tie down the transom. Looks like a jet ski trailer,lol. They basically got the credit for not supplying the trailer that comes standard with the boat, and then made this trailer for it. Then, they promised a 2014 model, and while I was on my way to do the sea trial, they said "oops we made a booboo"... Not only did the boat not have a Bimini top, it was missing the wake tower, and didn't have the 4.3ltr MPI they had promised. I walked away from the deal, and they tried to keep my $1k deposit.

Holy crap!!! That is NOT safe!! What the hell??? That boat does not belong on that trailer. I would report the shit out of that dealer...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any news or updates?
x2 - Glastron is on my shit list until there is some resolution on this. . . . . . I am letting EVERYONE know.