• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet Boater.... NJ

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@D3nN1s where in Jersey are you if you're boating on the Rancocas?
I live in delran, so I'll put in at hawk island which gives me options for philly or shoot up the Rancocas for water sports... Less traffic and a little cleaner in the Rancocas

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I live in delran, so I'll put in at hawk island which gives me options for philly or shoot up the Rancocas for water sports... Less traffic and a little cleaner in the Rancocas
We're practically neighbors. I'm in Mt. Laurel, just off of Hartford Rd. We put in at the Burlington City ramp for the Delaware and Philly runs. We like to go to LBI as well. How far up the Rancocas to you go? I noticed that they didn't put the channel markers in this year going from the Delaware to the Rancocas. I wish that the creek was navigable further up toward where I live.

Have fun with the new boat

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome, yeah I noticed a couple of people on here are close by... I'm the black 192 with no registration on it... Dealership registered my boat to the wrong person so ,long story / headache... Still waiting for my numbers and it's almost August.. I'll take it as far as carluccis restaurant, I have the wake tower so it's kind of a hassle taking it down with the next bridge there.

As long as you stick close to the south shoreline (riverside/ delran side) of the Rancocas you'll be okay, there's a pretty large sand bar closer to the north hawk island side... Last time we were out we had to help push a guy off of it.

How much does city charge to put in? We usually fly up to that cove in Florence to anchor up just south of the landfill , I just prefer hawk island marina he's got a nice ramp with plenty of water even at dead low tide. Already got stuck once at pennsaukens free ramp and had to wait 3 hours for the water to come back up... Never again... Lol

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@D3nN1s it's $50 for an annual pass for Burlington. How much does hawk island marina charge? I didn't know that they had a ramp there.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and you will enjoy that boat! I have a similar boat with the twin 135 engines.

Some things to consider:
1) definitely wire the oil lines. Critical
2) new fuel filters if you haven't done those already. Also look at fuel/water separators in place of the fuel filters as an option/upgrade
3) check out the groupK fuel/air separator and electric pump. It improves cold starts and it helps when running the boat hard in turns.
4) if you don't have ez locks for the plugs, do that asap. You do not want a plug blowout and this is a simple/inexpensive upgrade
5) enjoy it, you will.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@D3nN1s it's $50 for an annual pass for Burlington. How much does hawk island marina charge? I didn't know that they had a ramp there.
Nice, I just don't know how I feel about the locals there and leaving my truck/ trailer there... Hawk island wanted somewhere around $250 for the year or $15 per visit... I've been just paying the $15, per visit because I didn't wanna get locked into only going on place... Luxury of having a 19 foot boat, plan on taking it a lot of other places...

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice, I just don't know how I feel about the locals there and leaving my truck/ trailer there... Hawk island wanted somewhere around $250 for the year or $15 per visit... I've been just paying the $15, per visit because I didn't wanna get locked into only going on place... Luxury of having a 19 foot boat, plan on taking it a lot of other places...
I know what you mean, but I've never had an issue and the police seem to make the rounds in the parking lot quite a bit.