• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - AR250 - Ohio

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome. I'm from the Medina area. Have an AR240 that we picked up last year. Mainly do inland lakes, but did go up to Erie once in September. Had a great day making a loop from Huron to Cedar Point, Kelley's, PIB and back. Definitely looking forward to going back more next year.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JohnB welcome to the forum. I’m in Medina as well, also have another buddy in Medina with a 242, sounds like we’re building quite a contingent! I’m on the south side of town and enjoy hanging out with the pontoon squad at Chippewa lake when the weather is iffy, very convenient!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
OK, if the covid crap lockdowns continue, I think we should arrange a US/CAN border meet!
😁

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loving this! Yes! Leamington CAN/Point Pelee/ West Beach meet up anyone? Is the border still closed for a crossing?

All these posts about the Bimini crossing how about a little international Great Lakes crossing! Could be a blast to get a group of boats organized to do this!

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JohnB welcome to the forum. I’m in Medina as well, also have another buddy in Medina with a 242, sounds like we’re building quite a contingent! I’m on the south side of town and enjoy hanging out with the pontoon squad at Chippewa lake when the weather is iffy, very convenient!
@Plpbecks we are between Medina, Fairlawn and Wadsworth. I consider our 'home lake' to be West Branch, that's where we go most often and I really enjoy going out on the week nights and playing/hanging out. Have gone to Chippewa a couple times, but get dizzy going around in a circle :) Also enjoy Salt Fork and Senecaville. Hopefully the weather and the 'rona will get better and we can have a NE Ohio Yamaha meet up.

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK, if the covid crap lockdowns continue, I think we should arrange a US/CAN border meet!
😁
yes lots of boat meet up if things not back to normal

Shane_In_TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board and can't wait to see your new boat and hear your opinion of it,
Glad to see another person that's local to me. Thinking of getting a nice Yamaha jetboat for the family to cruise on Ray Roberts or Lewisville.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Glad to see another person that's local to me. Thinking of getting a nice Yamaha jetboat for the family to cruise on Ray Roberts or Lewisville.
Stop thinking and pull the trigger! We love our jetboat and will never go prop again...so quick to launch and retrieve since there's no prop or lower to worry about, and performs like a prop boat on steroids!
😁

Shane_In_TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stop thinking and pull the trigger! We love our jetboat and will never go prop again...so quick to launch and retrieve since there's no prop or lower to worry about, and performs like a prop boat on steroids!
😁
LOL...I will once we close on our house this spring. I know the family would love it. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Loving this! Yes! Leamington CAN/Point Pelee/ West Beach meet up anyone? Is the border still closed for a crossing?

All these posts about the Bimini crossing how about a little international Great Lakes crossing! Could be a blast to get a group of boats organized to do this!
Could do the Raft-off in August - Big Muskamoot Bay - Lake St.Clair up by Harsens Island

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Raft off is not cool, at least for us. We checked it out last year. Water was dirty, people pissing all over the place. Drinks being dumped in the water tons of garbage floating around. Sherriff and Coast Guard everywhere. Ass hats coming in hard on their flying bridges. At least a mile or two of continuous boats. Jet skier was killed. Lots of boats got hit by other boats. A lot of Stupid. This year if the covid restrictions are fully off it will be crazier.

For us, it wasn't our gig, for some it could be so I won't rain on it too hard.

I would definitely be interested in doing something as a group. Georgian Bay across Lake Huron? Or possibly Beaver Island / Fox Island, which I have flown to and taken the ferry back in Lake Michigan off of Charlevoix, but is really kind of cool. Perhaps a day trip with a group to Kelly's Island in Lake Erie. Perhaps a trip from say Muskegon up to Traverse City. Stopping in Ludington for the night or Manistee, etc.

I would love to do Bimini, just not in the cards for us this year.

I am 20 minutes from LSC. Group of us could meet over near the islands then grab dinner at many of the places on the water.

Let me know, we are in.

1613019347133.png

Last edited:

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Raft off is not cool, at least for us. We checked it out last year. Water was dirty, people pissing all over the place. Drinks being dumped in the water tons of garbage floating around. Sherriff and Coast Guard everywhere. Ass hats coming in hard on their flying bridges. At least a mile or two of continuous boats. Jet skier was killed. Lots of boats got hit by other boats. A lot of Stupid. This year if the covid restrictions are fully off it will be crazier.

For us, it wasn't our gig, for some it could be so I won't rain on it too hard.

I would definitely be interested in doing something as a group. Georgian Bay across Lake Huron? Or possibly Beaver Island / Fox Island, which I have flown to and taken the ferry back in Lake Michigan off of Charlevoix, but is really kind of cool. Perhaps a day trip with a group to Kelly's Island in Lake Erie. Perhaps a trip from say Muskegon up to Traverse City. Stopping in Ludington for the night or Manistee, etc.

I would love to do Bimini, just not in the cards for us this year.

I am 20 minutes from LSC. Group of us could meet over near the islands then grab dinner at many of the places on the water.

Let me know, we are in.
Yeah we're open to a Yam-event. After I sent that I was looking at allot of the photos. My wife and I are more likely to do a dock and dine scenario than a drunk boat party. We usually avoid PIB on the weekends for that reason. Maybe 30 or so years ago.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dumbassbass The Admiral and I like to go into the coves around the islands and chill out for a bit, while there isn't a lot of traffic. Then head over and grab a bite to eat right on the water. Or find a cool spot and have some wine and chill and watch all the boats go by. She and I are not into the drunk boat parties either.

We have been talking about hitting a couple of the wineries we know near Port Clinton and then taken the boat over to Kelly's island and the other islands. I have been looking at it this winter on the map. Looks like 7 miles or so. We would put in somewhere between Port Clinton and Marblehead I think. Too far to drive it down from LSC or Detroit, plus I hear Lake Erie crossing from the detroit River to the Islands can get nasty in a sudden storm.

Was also looking at possible spending a night or two on one of the Bass Island's / Put In Bay. Just not sure never been there.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was reading about PIB etc. just now. It seems that if you want a dock, for the most part, it is first come first serve.

Also, what does "Boat Rafting" up to 4 deep mean at the discretion of the dock master? Never did it. Does it mean that up to 4 boats may be tied to each other then to the dock side by side? What happens if you are between boats and you want to leave? It would seem that you may have to walk across others boats as well as have people walk across mine.

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's usually how they have them on the weekends or when it gets busy. I've always wondered that too, if you need to leave suddenly what are you supposed to do?

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's usually how they have them on the weekends or when it gets busy. I've always wondered that too, if you need to leave suddenly what are you supposed to do?
It can be interesting but they do have allot of dockhands. Better if you plan on sleeping on board and staying all weekend.