• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - AR250 - Ohio

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, not sure that is my cup of tea..... I have relatives that come over and I won't let on the boat, can't imagine strangers slopping stuff everywhere with their dirty shoes and crap. I would rather just pay whatever and have a spot guaranteed. Doubt I would do a weekend if it is crazy. Prefer sometime during the week to enjoy.

I am concerned what the lakes are going to look like this year with all the Heavy boat buying that has been going on and all the new boaters whom don't take the time to understand and learn and be safe. I can only imagine. The inland lakes around here may be shot on the weekends but good.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea, not sure that is my cup of tea..... I have relatives that come over and I won't let on the boat, can't imagine strangers slopping stuff everywhere with their dirty shoes and crap. I would rather just pay whatever and have a spot guaranteed. Doubt I would do a weekend if it is crazy. Prefer sometime during the week to enjoy.

I am concerned what the lakes are going to look like this year with all the Heavy boat buying that has been going on and all the new boaters whom don't take the time to understand and learn and be safe. I can only imagine. The inland lakes around here may be shot on the weekends but good.
There are mooring cans and a harbor tender boat that runs to/from shore but you need to get on one early on the weekends. Middle Bass has a state park and docks. I haven't been there in a few years but its right by Lonz Winery

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where would the best place be to put the boat in at? Also arw there places i can leave the trailer and car overnight if we are stayingva couple days ?

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a ramp on middle bass at the state park to drop in not positive on leaving the trailer but I do see some sitting in the parking lot you could always call and ask. They also run a water taxi called the Sonny S in-between middle bass and PIB if you want to go over there for a little while. Long winery is no longer open, it's just a museum now.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where would the best place be to put the boat in at? Also arw there places i can leave the trailer and car overnight if we are stayingva couple days ?
Catawba State Park or West Harbor would be the best I would think. These are the most informative sites.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of options - Catawba Island Club has transient docks - Dempsey's is a good place to put in - easy access and nice parking and close to the Bay Point Channel to cut through to the Islands from the Sandusky Bay. Dempsey's Fishing Access | Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands

some more launch ramps here: Boating & Fishing | Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands

Lots of decent places to stay in Marblehead - or Lakeside Marblehead - Air BnB's as well. Cedar Point you can stay over as well - avoid the car traffic and take the boat over! I used to work at Cedar Point and drove my boat to work everyday in the summer. Lots of restaurants on the Bay side and Islands to visit. Heineman Winery is great on PIB. Avoid Christmas in July weekend if you want to avoid the big parties. Most other weekends are decent - yes some rafting is done - I always try to get in and secure a dock late Thursday or early Friday for the weekend if I plan on staying. Can stay on the boat or on the island depending on your setup. The rafting is pretty tame - yes you have neighbors - but mostly everyone is pleasant and respectful (especially the boat owners) - guests not as much - but everyone knows you don't just go on the boat - you cross at the stern... always always cross at the stern. I have seen people walk right off the back of the stern and into the water but that is there fault. 😂

Sandbar is great for lounging and day drinking - Cedar Point Beach as well as Lakeside Beach. North side of Kelly's is amazing. Huron River is fun and good - Boppin on the Basin is a good time - Vermilion (my home town) has amazing restaurants - Chez Francois is the best French restaurant this side of Paris - no joke and on the water with dock-age available to accommodate up to 60 footers. Welcome to Chez Francois in Vermilion, Ohio

Would be great to do a poker run or something with a group of Yammies on the Bay and LE this summer.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did my first lake Erie adventure in September. We dropped in at the Huron River public boat ramp (great if you live east, would be out of the way coming from the west) and did a day loop past Cedar point, stopped at Kelley's island for a few hours and the looped around Middle bass and PIB. It was a pretty easy day trip just running around and exploring. I liked Kelley's quite a bit to boat in and out of and it's much more mellow of a scene than PIB, We did also like the restaurant scene around the Huron river, seems like fun.

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
@JohnB welcome to the forum. I’m in Medina as well, also have another buddy in Medina with a 242, sounds like we’re building quite a contingent! I’m on the south side of town and enjoy hanging out with the pontoon squad at Chippewa lake when the weather is iffy, very convenient!
Plpbecks- Do you ever go to Mosquito Lake or West Branch? That is were I take my Scarab.. Never been to Chippewa Lake yet.. This year I want to try out Portage Lakes.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@ShlepRock yes, we’re at west branch all the time. Usually hang out down down the cove near the jumping rock. I usually have my jetboaters.net flag flying and have an inflatable mat out back, feel free to say hi if you see us out there.

definitely dont go out of your way to go to Chippewa, it’s the lake equivalent to a dive bar, but it’s 5 min from my house so when the forecast is iffy, we will go drop in there, do some water sports, drink with the local pontooners, and can be out of the water and home before the rain hits...

We do go to portage a lot also,totally different experience, it’s almost ALL no wake, but it’s one of the few inland lakes in Ohio that you can pull up to restaurants/bars. It’s a lot of fun for an afternoon/evening, and a lot more relaxing than trying to stay out of the way of a bunch of crazy boaters. Read up on the rules out there before you go though, the sheriffs don’t joke around about the no wake thing.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're also a fan of the Rejex high gloss advanced polymer product. Maintains that glossy shine year round on the hull. Received another gallon this past Christmas from the kids!

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Catching up a bit on this thread, last year we rented an Airbnb in the cove district of Sandusky that had a dock, and a really awesome tiki bar. Would highly recommend this, it was reasonable when we split it amongst a few families. We dropped the boat in at the Sandusky municipal ramp, and kept the trailer parked in front of the house. Easy access to all the hotspots mentioned above.

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Nice to see we can get a group together out on Lake Erie! This summer we should plan some sandbar gatherings... nice 242se...ar210 should be a money boat as well... can’t wait for my ar250!

nice to meet you all
Looked at the 250, but went with 212, will mostly be used on large inland lake. 2 Questions: On a decent day, can I make a short trip in a 212 on Lake Michigan?

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
My 2021 195 FSH CC Sport came with the crappy roller. All ready have the Stoltz replacement one foe when I get to it.
All new to me. What is wrong the the roller? Same would go for a 2021 212SD I presume?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looked at the 250, but went with 212, will mostly be used on large inland lake. 2 Questions: On a decent day, can I make a short trip in a 212 on Lake Michigan?
You can, on most days depending where you want to go. Crossing is another story from MI to WI and wouldn't consider it without a group and being fully prepared. It is also 70 miles or so.
Anyhow, we go up and down the Michigan side all the time in 21' footer, no issues. It does get rough on some days and you need to know when it is time not to go out and when to come in. Need to pick your days and watch the weather and wind depending on where you want to go. I have seen it close to glass out there and that is awesome.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump... I used to work at the Inland Seas Maritime Museum in Vermilion in high school where we had a huge display of the Fitz - history and artifacts from the wreckage. Just avoid Lake Superior and you will be fine...

Lake Erie and Michigan can whip up fast for sure - I suggest taking some of the Great Lakes Power Squadron courses if you want to really get a feel for the Great Lakes and to operate safely in the waters. USPS Educational Department - Great Lakes Cruising Club Webinars

I have seen Erie go from 1 footers to 3-5 in a matter of minutes - main reason I got the 25 footer was to ensure I felt safe with my family at all times on the Great Lakes.

Now back to feeling some spring time vibes - when is everyone planning on launching this year? I am hoping to launch April - got a new finger dock off our breakwall and putting it in this weekend to open things up in our cove and add 2 new dock spots. My cousin got a new Tri-Toon so we were running out of room at the in!

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Bump... I used to work at the Inland Seas Maritime Museum in Vermilion in high school where we had a huge display of the Fitz - history and artifacts from the wreckage. Just avoid Lake Superior and you will be fine...

Lake Erie and Michigan can whip up fast for sure - I suggest taking some of the Great Lakes Power Squadron courses if you want to really get a feel for the Great Lakes and to operate safely in the waters. USPS Educational Department - Great Lakes Cruising Club Webinars

I have seen Erie go from 1 footers to 3-5 in a matter of minutes - main reason I got the 25 footer was to ensure I felt safe with my family at all times on the Great Lakes.

Now back to feeling some spring time vibes - when is everyone planning on launching this year? I am hoping to launch April - got a new finger dock off our breakwall and putting it in this weekend to open things up in our cove and add 2 new dock spots. My cousin got a new Tri-Toon so we were running out of room at the in!
Wanted the 25ft for the rare, short Lake Michigan, jaunt up the coast. But looked too big for it's main habitat on Lake Mitchell in Cadillac.