• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner 195 news some feedback

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Did you experience any high frequency vibration at higher rpms? We did and could feel it from the floor to feet and butt.
I can't say that I've experienced any objectionable high frequency vibration, but I suppose that is somewhat subjective. We were running up to 8000 rpm during our end of the season run. We commonly run at 5500-6500 rpm. I am hoping that your dealer will remove what appears to be excessive sealant near your impeller inlet (as Luc mentioned), and hopefully you will find that the vibration goes away.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback,.. that is reassuring that perhaps vibration is not systemic with the boat's design and hopefully my dealer can remedy it. I was thinking that after initial break-in the boat will settle down. wow 8,000 rpms that WOT top speed is low 40's? will let the string know once I get the boat back. The dealer has offered to put the first 3 hours on the boat before they hand it back to me.

Many thanks

Pablo

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hi all,… a brief follow up. The Oregon Dealer Valley Power Sports of Eugene OR resolved my concerns of the engine vibration. To their credit, Travis, the dealership’s owner took time to tow to one of their local lakes and put total of 3 hours of break-in time which completely eliminated the vibration. He then insisted that before I drive up and take the boat, we relaunch and confirm the results. Note that I live in Northern California so the drive each way for me was 300+ miles. Was very pleased with the dealer support and level of customer satisfaction.

my interest now is to reduce what I believe is unnecessary engine noise that resonates throughout the boat. I suspect with some well placed sound insulation I can lower the dbs.
Will advise! Thanks again for all the early contributions.

best wishes

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hi all,… a brief follow up. The Oregon Dealer Valley Power Sports of Eugene OR resolved my concerns of the engine vibration. To their credit, Travis, the dealership’s owner took time to tow to one of their local lakes and put total of 3 hours of break-in time which completely eliminated the vibration. He then insisted that before I drive up and take the boat, we relaunch and confirm the results. Note that I live in Northern California so the drive each way for me was 300+ miles. Was very pleased with the dealer support and level of customer satisfaction.

my interest now is to reduce what I believe is unnecessary engine noise that resonates throughout the boat. I suspect with some well placed sound insulation I can lower the dbs.
Will advise! Thanks again for all the early contributions.

best wishes
Good news! Hopefully you'll be happy with the boat, as many of us are. And yes, 8000 rpm gets my 2019 195G to 42 mph on flat lake with bimini down and no headwind. I liked Luc's 3 tips above, and I'll add number 4. Not that it's necessarily critical, but for me to get to 8000 rpm, I need to use 91 octane gas. The Rotax Operator's Guide does recommend 91 octane for optimum engine performance, and my boat hesitated above 7000 rpm after the initial break-in when I mistakenly filled it with regular unleaded. I believe that others on the forum have commented on the effect of octane rating.

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
California oct where I live is 92/93. Call me old fashion but I can’t see running anything constantly at redline. The boat seems happy at 6-6500 rpm. That still takes some getting use to as I am use to big V8’s that don’t require high revs. That little motor is working hard!

will let everyone know how my “noise abatement” ideas work out. I am anxious to install and test. I found some indoor outdoor rubber back carpet at Lowe’s that was fairly priced. Will advise! Take care

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Gents, I store my boat outside and because I live in a area of Northern California where we gets really hot in addition to seasonal rain, I wanted to save the more expensive custom Scarab towing cover and find a seasonal storage cover that would be better suited.

I found one that I am very happy with thus far. Budge on line makes a cover that fits my 195 ID perfectly. I was able to lower the Bimini and place some small foam blocks on the tubes to keep the Bimini from resting on the upholstery. The cover was $235 a 600 Dacron fabric thats all weather and completely water proof with multiple anchor points to fit snugly. I used the existing cover poles and setups. There is an elastic waste band that is very tight but once you get it pulled correctly around the rub rail it fits the boat perfectly. I have been in the boat a few times after several rainstorms and it was completely dry inside. Just sharing as a great replacement for a very reasonable price. It fits so well, I might use it for towing and save the Scarab cover.
1636212170388.jpeg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
California oct where I live is 92/93. Call me old fashion but I can’t see running anything constantly at redline. The boat seems happy at 6-6500 rpm. That still takes some getting use to as I am use to big V8’s that don’t require high revs. That little motor is working hard!

will let everyone know how my “noise abatement” ideas work out. I am anxious to install and test. I found some indoor outdoor rubber back carpet at Lowe’s that was fairly priced. Will advise! Take care
I get this at five and below, just spray some glue by the ends where you bring the parts together and they hold in place this is very strong I use it for spray guards on the front of my p w c's also. Series 8 fitness 24" x 68" 5 Mm Gray Now Thick Designer Yoga Mat

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm interested is seeing what the other folks say, but I wonder if this cover is adequate for towing? A good mooring cover isn't necessarily a good towing cover. I'd be concerned about any wind getting under the cover and flapping it around. I would also be concerned about the straps rubbing anywhere against the gelcoat. My understanding is that the Yamaha actually has buckles built into the cover, so get a really snug fit.

What is the factory cover? A bow cover and a cockpit cover, both snapped into place?

Jim

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'm interested is seeing what the other folks say, but I wonder if this cover is adequate for towing? A good mooring cover isn't necessarily a good towing cover. I'd be concerned about any wind getting under the cover and flapping it around. I would also be concerned about the straps rubbing anywhere against the gelcoat. My understanding is that the Yamaha actually has buckles built into the cover, so get a really snug fit.

What is the factory cover? A bow cover and a cockpit cover, both snapped into place?

Jim

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Jim the cover has small flaps that hang down at each of the anchor points that protect the gelcoat from rubbing. The straps seem to be sturdy enough as it uses the same type of straps the Scarab cover uses and the cover attaches below the rub line of hull. My initial observation was that the Budge cover was actually more sturdy than the custom Scarab cover so I would suspect it will tow well. Will let you know! But seasonable storing is very well suited considering the black Scarab cover will draw heat from the sun and it’s not waterproof.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cool. Just want to make sure you don't get rub marks on that beautiful gel coat!

Jim

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Cool. Just want to make sure you don't get rub marks on that beautiful gel coat!

Jim
Amen! Yes thanks Jim. I am a neat freak! The Scarab cover make the boat look great while towing. It’s the long term winter storage was. my real purpose.

the black stripes you see in the picture is the permanent strap that is sewn into the cover. The buckles/snaps are just like you have on the sides of scarab cover or on a ski vest

Pablo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Lowering the dbs! After a few hours of cutting and placing indoor/outdoor rubber backed carpeting in each of the under seat storage areas and ski locker I bought at Lowes, I was able test the boat Saturday and measure the decibel levels. I initially measured db using an app I downloaded to my phone. At between 6,000 6500 rpms without the carpet and measured 68 db. With the carpeting at same rpms I measured 58 db which I believe it was noticeable.

My fitment wasn’t precise as I didn’t initially try to cover 100% of the areas and match all the curves and angles. I used approx 20’ of 36” standard grey “off the roller” product @ $4.50 per ft. Easy to handle and fit. I didn’t bother to glue as it stayed where I placed it

it would seem to me that Scarab could easily create as an option, a precision cut carpet package for a DIY. And the time of factory assembly additional spray on sound proofing on the underside fiberglass surfaces would be easy and probably lower the dbs even more.

let me know if you have any questions. My next phase is to cut some smaller pieces to fit those off angles.

Pablo