• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Owner - Starting Down the Installation / Mod Trail / Learning Curve

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Got my SeaDek installed over the weekend and am really pleased with the result except we did learn that there are dedicated bottom panels for the Deluxe without the cutouts for the tower. Waiting for the replacements. They are also sending a new seat post pad as the one sent was solid. The process is really easy and just requires a good cleaning with solvent (I used acetone) and some careful placement of the panels. Kind of like installing wallpaper but not nearly as many arguments between DW and myself. I am very impressed with the precision of the cutouts on the panels and overall quality of the materials. Highly recommended even though I just missed the great deal on the group buy.

After some more use and testing, I am noodling on replacing the aluminum trolling motor bracket with stainless - looking at weight difference. I think it would look really nice to duplicate the port pad design maybe etched in. Definitely not a need to have and low on the priority list....

Attachments

Last edited:

Ehren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@190 fsh, I have a 2017 FSH Deluxe and I am looking for some advice from folks that have flush mounted their fish finder Transducer on the aluminum Keel Plate as you have in your picture.

When you removed this plate, were there any surprises or items to be watchful of?

Were there any specific torque specifications that need to be adhered to when reassembling?

Please share any additional pics you may have related to this install...

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@Ehren - Did not remove the ride plate for my install. Used the adaptor noted above and just did the drill out and self tapping screws as noted. Working well so far.

190 fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
@190 fsh, I have a 2017 FSH Deluxe and I am looking for some advice from folks that have flush mounted their fish finder Transducer on the aluminum Keel Plate as you have in your picture.

When you removed this plate, were there any surprises or items to be watchful of?

Were there any specific torque specifications that need to be adhered to when reassembling?

had the dealer do it
They didn't charge any extra to mount it like this

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@WTScott I was considering this placement but I am worried the side imaging will be blocked by the articulating keel. Have you seen any evidence of this (reading one side farther than the other)? We really only run the fish finder while fishing (going slow). I have been considering building a mount that fits into the port side rod holder. The transducer would be stored in the port side jump seat until in use. This would prevent having to mount anything. Sort of like a trolling motor mount, but for a side imaging ducer. Anyone have any thoughts on that approach?

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone used the Airmar B744 X-8 thru hull all in one transducer? My boat came with a thru hull transducer for speed and temp so i want to use the same hole

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
This is my boat.. not sure the color.. I didn't choose it.. I bought jetboatpilot show boat..

Picked it up Thursday.

Not sure about the wear as I've only owned it 3 days.
It was easy enough to clean with a soft brush broom and some soapy water.
Looks sweet. Can't wait to do it to mine