• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Rocker Switch Covers?

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need two replacement Rocker Switch Covers, I've done a search on here, and found links for New Pacer Group and New Wire Marine. However, they don't have exact matches for the switches on a 2015 212X. I need the blower and bilge covers. I completely lost the Bilge Cover, but I have the Blower Cover, but the plastic pieces that snap into the switch body are broken. However, I believe the Blower and Bilge are very similar. They are orientated horizontally with a round red lens on the right hand side, with the respective blower or bilge symbol on the lens, with white, horizontal text (blower or bilge) on the left hand side.

I found custom rocker covers at rockerswitchpros.com, but the horizontal layout doesn't include a lens. And even the vertical switches don't have a full circular lens option like the OEM Covers. I checked Yamaha Sports Plaza, and they want $25 and $28 for the Blower and Bilge Assembly, but that's for the cover and the actual switch itself, which I don't need.

Has anyone found an actual OEM match for the horizontal switch covers on our Yamaha boats?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@rrmidden at the cost of $10-12 for just the covers/actuators, it was a simple and cost effective install to replace all my switch covers with the horizontal Custom Actuators you found at www.rockerswitchpros.com ... the plastic tabs on the back tend to degrade at the same rate from the UV exposure, so it might make sense to do all the actuators at this time.

The Custom Actuator illuminates through the icon you select (picture or a bilge or light etc.) and also the Text you select in the design tool. The OEM part as I recall ($25-28) were both the switch body and the actuator/cover which would have caused a more complex install.

Buy the little $3 tool for the cover removal, helps you get them off without breaking tabs. I put of the old ones in my boat toolbox to have some on-the-water backups.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@rrmidden at the cost of $10-12 for just the covers/actuators, it was a simple and cost effective install to replace all my switch covers with the horizontal Custom Actuators you found at www.rockerswitchpros.com ... the plastic tabs on the back tend to degrade at the same rate from the UV exposure, so it might make sense to do all the actuators at this time.

The Custom Actuator illuminates through the icon you select (picture or a bilge or light etc.) and also the Text you select in the design tool. The OEM part as I recall ($25-28) were both the switch body and the actuator/cover which would have caused a more complex install.

Buy the little $3 tool for the cover removal, helps you get them off without breaking tabs. I put of the old ones in my boat toolbox to have some on-the-water backups.
Thanks, I guess, it was too early this morning to actually read everything on the Rockerswitchpros website, now that I went back to it, that makes more sense!

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my new rockers. They make what was an aging cockpit look fresh and clean.