• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Speed Control / Electronic Throttle Synch For Twins / Ridesteady by Hydrophase

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Random thought while poking around for more info about ridesteady. I've basically given up the idea that I can make the 4" gauge work somewhere on my boat. So regardless what speed control system I go with it'll have to be the external screen, which sucks. Oh well. In any event, I presume new models come with the engine sync firmware update, no? Hoping to pick this up in the offseason.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The throttles are combined when using perfect pass. When the system is active the left throttle controls both engines simultaneously. When you power off the system the throttle sync is disengaged.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Random thought while poking around for more info about ridesteady. I've basically given up the idea that I can make the 4" gauge work somewhere on my boat. So regardless what speed control system I go with it'll have to be the external screen, which sucks. Oh well. In any event, I presume new models come with the engine sync firmware update, no? Hoping to pick this up in the offseason.
Go ridesteady, it has a knob which is easy to operate, auto synch, and it literally feels like a poor man fly by wire set up. I wouldn't be without it. In hard chop my throttles always like to drop little by little and it is very annoying but with RS I just push the binnacles forward all the way and forget about it. Also making small adjustments in rough water while bouncing is hard with the binnacles , that's where the knob shines. Just my 0.02.
@Ridesteady is a solid dude and he does not bs.

--

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's correct. The "full time engine sync" firmware is in all new orders. Thanks for considering Ridesteady!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Go ridesteady, it has a knob which is easy to operate, auto synch, and it literally feels like a poor man fly by wire set up. I wouldn't be without it. In hard chop my throttles always like to drop little by little and it is very annoying but with RS I just push the binnacles forward all the way and forget about it. Also making small adjustments in rough water while bouncing is hard with the binnacles , that's where the knob shines. Just my 0.02.
@Ridesteady is a solid dude and he does not bs.

--
I've been very fortunate with my 2020 that the throttles are rock solid. Anywhere I put it they'll stay regardless how much chop I hit or big wakes I go over. My 2009 I fixed to where it was the same, but initially both motors had varying degrees of drop issues.

He's been good with responding to my emails already when I was trying to see if it was possible to mount the gauge somewhere that looked factory.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ridesteady is the SHIT. $1400 to turn your boat into a whole NEW boat. Best upgrade ever.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The throttles are combined when using perfect pass. When the system is active the left throttle controls both engines simultaneously. When you power off the system the throttle sync is disengaged.
I honestly haven't looked at perfect pass at all. Just checked and it is ~$300 cheaper. Reckon I'll do some research on both. So far I'm digging all the features of the ridesteady. My biggest hang up was I liked the gauge better on ridesteady, but if I have to go with external display there's not too much difference.