• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to Jet Boating

@Peggy L where do you go out of? I want to do some south shore boating this summer!!

@DJMattyT Launch at Heckscher or Captree state parks. Buy the Empire pass for a year of launching at either place. Both facilities have washdown areas so you can flush your motors before packing up for the trip home.

Regards,
Cabbie

These are not ocean boats, or even rough lake boats. Very uncomfortable. I have taken mine into the Atlantic. Not fun at all. If you will be spending time in anything over 2 feet swells you will not have a fun time. If the LonG Island sound is generally calm, you will be fine. YOu can't beat these boats for the maintenance, or actually, lack of maintenance.
I guess we picked a good day to go for our demo! We were in the Atlantic LOOKING for waves and didn't find any, lol! Go figure!

@Peggy L where do you go out of? I want to do some south shore boating this summer!!
We boat out of Lindenhurst (Suffolk) but live in Nassau County. We have been to many places over the years. We LOVE Hemlock Cove, (dropping anchor and swimming there and having lunch)--don't dock near the entrance. You get the wakes from the boats in the state boat channel! Love Fire Island, but haven't been there in years. Also, Zachs Bay near Jones Beach Theater. Maybe we can get a bunch of boats and hang out on the south shore? Would LOVE to venture to the north shore. We went once a few years back on a friends' boat but it was VERY VERY rough and he liked to go too fast!

@Peggy L make sure you go to Hemstock this year!! I'll be there!

Back