• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me 2014 AR240 in North Alabama

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do yall fog your engine? I have seen a bunch of opposing positions on this. What all do you do for winterization?
I don't fog my engines and just like you stated there are a gazillion positions on this. For winterization I will turn on the motors and BRIEFLY rev them two to three times then shut everything down. Wait about 5 minutes do it again, wait about 5 minutes and do it again. As @F.M. stated, pull your clean out plugs out and drain the water. Nothing worse than having plugs left in the chambers to shrink and swell at random to eventually become lodged in the ports and you can't get them out. I will generally pull the clean out plugs completely off and bring them home to clean them up and lubricate them and set them up on the shelf in the garage until we are ready to get back out on the water next year. I also pull my batteries and bring them home so I can put them on the trickle charger over winter. Last but not least I set my poles up under my cover and ensure it is nice and secure and then I raise up the front end of the boat on the trailer jack just so its at a good angle to drain. I did replace my spark plugs last year but don't plan to do it this year due to the fact we literally only had the boat out twice this year!