• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the propless crew

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Signed for my first no-prop boat today. 2020 AR210, got the surf package, cover and anchor along with it. I am hoping I made a good decision. Currently have an 89 Mastercraft, not sure what all the complaining about slow speed/reverse maneuverability is about, inboards backup one way and you don't decide which way that is. Grew up in DL (for any of you MN people), have a lake place by Cleveland MN. Looking forward to seeing what the rage is all about. I have been reading this forum after looking at Yamaha boats at the dealer and love the support you give each other.

Current upgrades planned:
1) Ridesteady
2) Seadeck for front and back
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
5) probably get to some more lighting after all that
Anything else I should consider? Still debating about Cobra Steering or thrust vectors, still as needed with the articulating keel??

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow @ctyke you haven't even given us a chance to convince you to spend more money on your boat. You are going to fit in real well around here.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stoltz bow roller on your trailer to replace that hard plastic OE and protect the gelcoat on that beautiful new vessel ! Congrats & Enjoy.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Speakers, speakers, speakers, and more speakers.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! I approve if the upgrades. 👍

If you didn't get your 21' model WakeBooster with the board, let me know. I've just snatched up a few more 2019 Coasters that were lingering in the Slingshot warehouse amongst many other things we have to offer. More than what's listed on our site.

You should also pick up a custom swim deck ballast bag from Gantlin Products. You'll need some ballast to really make the booster effective.

Hope you gave a rad summer!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Signed for my first no-prop boat today. 2020 AR210, got the surf package, cover and anchor along with it. I am hoping I made a good decision. Currently have an 89 Mastercraft, not sure what all the complaining about slow speed/reverse maneuverability is about, inboards backup one way and you don't decide which way that is. Grew up in DL (for any of you MN people), have a lake place by Cleveland MN. Looking forward to seeing what the rage is all about. I have been reading this forum after looking at Yamaha boats at the dealer and love the support you give each other.

1) Ridesteady
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
Anything else I should consider? Still debating about Cobra Steering or thrust vectors, still as needed with the articulating keel??
Welcome to the forum :Welcome: !!! It's a great forum with knowledgeable people to help keep you SAFE and on the water. I've learned a lot and I'm sure you will too.

Check out my sig for mods. I do not regret doing any of them and would advise them all. Safety and knowing you can get back should be first on your list followed by all the fun stuff.

Good luck and ENJOY!!!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome! I grew up in MN (live in southern CA now) and know the DL areas well. You'll find a TON of great info on your boat (maintenance, mods, upgrades, trouble shooting, safety tips, storage, trailering, etc) using the search tool and if you can't find an answer, post the question and the gang will help you out. Super friendly and super knowledgeable group here!

MNJets

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase and I think you'll be pleased with the boat's performance on lakes in MN. I'm just north of you in the summers. Our family spends the school year in CO and the summer north of Bemidji, MN. We spent a lot of time researching boats before landing on a Yamaha. This summer will be our true "trial" on the water with figuring out the ballasts, installing our Hydrophase Ridesteady and getting all the kiddos up on skis & boards. We're ready to hang up our snow skis and pull out the water skis.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I

1) Ridesteady
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
I came from an 86 mastercraft to a 2016 ar190. You did make a great choice. My mastercraft was great and all but it’s nothing like these Yamahas. Slow speed handling you can spin on a dime. Super safe with no prop under the ski deck.
With 3/4 turn in the wheel at med to high speeds it returns the jet to straight when you let go of it (Super fun to drive)
Anyway have fun!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and I hope its as much fun as ours has been.
One of the best things in making the list of all the great ideas you get from this forum.
It's a great group of people on this forum . . .

Some for the redundancy and fail safe categories . . .
1) Backup bilge pump/alarm/float directly wired to the batteries. I set mine at a different level than the normal bilge pump. (My boat is usually is wet-slipped - so there is a reason to have this).
2) Spare drain plug
3) Spare set of keys
4) Shutoff valves installed or clamp to use if one of the engines decides it wants a vacation (you would want to clamp off or shutoff the water flowing in the non-running engine). This is for when the boat is being towed on the water . . . in that case you need to clamp off both. Or when only running one engine. (if you prepare for it . . . it reduces the likelihood it will happen . . . apparently).

5) Oil change pump out kit - think of it this way. Every dollar saved changing your own oil = more toys/upgrades.
6) Yamaha manual.
7) Stolz Bow Roller <-- Spare tire on the trailer if it didn't come with it.
8) YDIS - for any Engine codes, etc.
9) Cleanout Plug Locks from CobraJetSteering. <-- not sure if these work on your year.
10) Knife (small enough to fit) and Screw driver to help pry out or cutaway what you sucked up in the impeller. (might as well throw a diving mask in there so you have the option to dive under the boat and see as well). Regardless of your best efforts . . . you will get something caught in there at sometime. In my case it was a tow rope after being at anchor and the kids floating around on the inflatable. (was able to clear it though from the cleanout ports). +1 for Yamaha
11) Spare fuses, clamps, etc.
12) Keelguard <-- depends if you beach it or not.

This is our second year with the boat (albeit older than yours), and this is what's going on this year:
SeaDek
Speakers/Amp
3 x 31 AGM Batteries (but I really wanted lithium) + onboard battery charger
Box Anchor
Fishing Rod holders in the back (doubling to add an extension to the Bimini covering the aft half of the boat)
Maybe RideSteady
and a 1 lb propane refill kit (to hook to my 25 lb tank onshore) for refills.

Enjoy . . .

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
1584969716959.png This my latest version of the super Magnum AK-19 steering upgrade for the 2019 and newer twin engine keel boats, it has the all important second tie rod that balances out the work load and evens out the system.
It has the new super fins on the outside of the nozzles forming a V configuration and staying above the original keel even in the fully deployed setting as shown in this picture , it also has several settings that allow you to adjust the fin depth.
It now has the top fin option that will engage the water only when the boat is off plane in no wake or idle speed ,this adds more steering at very slow speed in forward and in reverse , once the boat is up on plane the top of the super fins and the entire top fin are not in contact with the water.
Also this system now has an optional larger side force stabilizer for quicker planing and more stable hull in rough conditions.
I will also be offering a Super Ultimate AK-19 version of this as I do for the other super magnum and super ultimate systems .
Remember the AK means it is for the articulating keel boats up to 2018 models and the AK-19 is for the articulating keel boats from 2019 and newer. Get control at all speeds , even OFF POWER STEERING. steer in rough conditions, wind, waves, strong currents and get the boat to respond instantly and predictably.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and I hope its as much fun as ours has been.
One of the best things in making the list of all the great ideas you get from this forum.
It's a great group of people on this forum . . .

Some for the redundancy and fail safe categories . . .
1) Backup bilge pump/alarm/float directly wired to the batteries. I set mine at a different level than the normal bilge pump. (My boat is usually is wet-slipped - so there is a reason to have this).
2) Spare drain plug
3) Spare set of keys
4) Shutoff valves installed or clamp to use if one of the engines decides it wants a vacation (you would want to clamp of shutoff the water flowing in the non-running engine). This is for when the boat is being towed on the water . . . in that case you need to clamp off both. Or when only running one engine. (if you prepare for it . . . it reduces the likelihood it will happen . . . apparently).

5) Oil change pump out kit - think of it this way. Every dollar saved changing your own oil = more toys/upgrades.
6) Yamaha manual.
7) Stolz Bow Roller <-- Spare tire on the trailer if it didn't some with it.
8) YDIS - for any Engine codes, etc.
9) Cleanout Plug Locks from CobraJetSteering. <-- not sure if these work on your year.
10) Knife (small enough to fit) and Screw driver to help pry out or cutaway what you sucked up in the impeller. (might as well throw a diving mask in there so you have the option to dive under the boat and see as well). Regardless of your best efforts . . . you will get something caught in there at sometime. In my case it was a tow rope after being at anchor and the kids floating around on the inflatable. (was able to clear it though from the cleanout ports). +1 for Yamaha
11) Spare fuses, clamps, etc.
12) Keelguard <-- depends if you beach it or not.

This is our second year with the boat (albeit older than yours), and this is what's going on this year:
SeaDek
Speakers/Amp
3 x 31 AGM Batteries (but I really wanted lithium) + onboard battery charger
Box Anchor
Fishing Rod holders in the back (doubling to add an extension to the Bimini covering the aft half of the boat)
Maybe RideSteady
and a 1 lb propane refill kit (to hook to my 25 lb tank onshore) for refills.

Enjoy . . .

Thanks! Awesome list... off to research.

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Signed for my first no-prop boat today. 2020 AR210, got the surf package, cover and anchor along with it. I am hoping I made a good decision.
You made a great decision. I went from never owning a boat, to buying an AR240, and I will never look back. They are great boats, easy to tow, easy to drive and a blast for the family. Welcome to the forum!

ps - get ya some ada Racing billet bypass and bilge pump outlets! :winkingthumbsup"

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to Jet setter world! Couple of week ahead of ya but not getting any time to get out yet :(
Take some time practicing your slow speed maneuvering and remember being in neutral pretty much means no sense in turning the wheel, cause your going where the drift and wind take ya!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

RobinSC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea but until then... better learn to drift right ;) Def on my wish list but with a brand new boat lots of other things are too!

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

1) Ridesteady
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
Congrats. Sounds like an awesome boat. Enjoy!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations and I have a similar boat, 2018. Great family boat