• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Wakebooster?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My booster is in storage right now but I had an idea for a hack so I was looking up pictures of the current 21' Wakebooster and saw this:

Yamaha 21' Wake Booster AR210 SX210 212 WakeEnhancer Package F3R-K7910-V0-00

Called the "Wake Enhancer" now. According to this picture, the 21' model has curls on the edges too... Mine is just flat across the surface.

Edit: I must be not remembering correctly - further investigation leads me to believe my current booster must have curls on the edges too.

new-booster.JPG

Last edited:

francis3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I believe that "WakeEnhancer" is the name they use in Canada, and that WakeBooster is the name in the US. I bought one that had that exact same photo you posted, but it arrived with a WakeBooster logo.

Regarding the "curls", do you mean what looks like a curve on either side of the center support bar? I think that's just an optical illusion caused by the lighting in the picture. My WakeBooster is flat all the way across, with curves only on the ends.

But the bottom edge is not a straight line. It's slightly longer from the weld to the bottom in the center where the support bar attaches, and then gently shrinks a little to be shorter towards the ends by the outside curves. I think that non-straight/non-square bottom edge is what's making it appear that the whole bottom is curvy/wavy rather than flat. Hope that makes sense.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I believe that "WakeEnhancer" is the name they use in Canada, and that WakeBooster is the name in the US. I bought one that had that exact same photo you posted, but it arrived with a WakeBooster logo.

Regarding the "curls", do you mean what looks like a curve on either side of the center support bar? I think that's just an optical illusion caused by the lighting in the picture. My WakeBooster is flat all the way across, with curves only on the ends.

But the bottom edge is not a straight line. It's slightly longer from the weld to the bottom in the center where the support bar attaches, and then gently shrinks a little to be shorter towards the ends by the outside curves. I think that non-straight/non-square bottom edge is what's making it appear that the whole bottom is curvy/wavy rather than flat. Hope that makes sense.
My parents live in Raymond, ME. We have rented a house in Naples this summer and will be bring the new boat.

francis3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My parents live in Raymond, ME. We have rented a house in Naples this summer and will be bring the new boat.
Awesome. Congrats on the new boat! Lmk if you come through the lock to Sebago -- with luck we might be there at the same time.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Awesome. Congrats on the new boat! Lmk if you come through the lock to Sebago -- with luck we might be there at the same time.
It'll be the week of July 4th. We plan to go through the lock with the grandkids. Will let you know.