• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New WaverRunner vs New Boat break-in times.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I recently bought a new 2017 VXR. After reading the manual it states the breaking procedure only takes 1 hr. If i remember correctly my 2013 SX190 w/ the same engine had a breakin of 10 hrs. Same motor. I don't understand Yamaha's thinking.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 2016 fxho called for 10hrs.

Wait maybe it was only an hour now that I think about it and 10-20hr service.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya I remember that now and was changing oil at the 10-20 hour mark not break in. I'm not sure maybe less resistance on the engine since there is less weight?

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I believe the Rotax engine package limits your RPM and power during the first 20 hours, and slowly lets you use more RPM, until reaching 20 hours, where the first service is supposed to take place. That section of the manual is "first time break in", as in your very first trip to the lake. I don't believe full break-in is complete at that point. (Unless they have recently changed the procedure.)

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 2015 fx svho was also only about 90 minutes.