• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie in Keller, Tx

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The sun was going going down before I could get any real good pictures. I will try to get some better ones this weekend.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Even experienced drivers have their hands full on windy days. There is so much boat out of the water that it is influenced by every breeze. But with some time at the helm you will know how to better predict what is going to happen.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ahh, the infamous Phil Dill staging area. Congrats!

We're also on Lewisville, but we typically boat near the Little Elm/Frisco side. Kids put an end to the whole party cove scene.

Not sure how well you know the lake, but get a map to be safe. Water level is up right now, so no big deal; however, things change once that water level drops.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We brough the boat home today. I am extremely pleased in how it looks and sounds. I do think I am going to need some more practice retrieving the boat though. It took me several times to line it up correctly. :oops: The wind was whipping out there today.
View attachment 51920
Congrats! Bought my boat from Phil Dill as well. I love the blue and red colored AR240s! Took me a while to get the hang of low speed maneuvering even with the articulating keel. Am more used to inboards and while not great at low speed either, was easier for me to maneuver than my Yamaha.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even experienced drivers have their hands full on windy days. There is so much boat out of the water that it is influenced by every breeze. But with some time at the helm you will know how to better predict what is going to happen.
Yeah i am sure i will get the hang of it. I'm usually a fast learner. Now i just have to get my wife comfortable with backing the trailer.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahh, the infamous Phil Dill staging area. Congrats!

We're also on Lewisville, but we typically boat near the Little Elm/Frisco side. Kids put an end to the whole party cove scene.

Not sure how well you know the lake, but get a map to be safe. Water level is up right now, so no big deal; however, things change once that water level drops.
No kids here, at least not for the time being. And thanks for the map suggestion, i will look into downloading an app on my phone.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Bought my boat from Phil Dill as well. I love the blue and red colored AR240s! Took me a while to get the hang of low speed maneuvering even with the articulating keel. Am more used to inboards and while not great at low speed either, was easier for me to maneuver than my Yamaha.
I figure all i need is some time to mess around with it and practice low speed stuff. :D Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit warmer and I can take her out.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adding my congratulations! I think you two will have a blast.

Good to have more 'locals' here on the website. If you are down in our neck of the woods, do look us up!