• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to owning a boat.

Scherdiva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

New boat owner here. Just bought a 2022 Scarab 195. So excited to pick it up. Also scared/nervous about boating in general. I am reading the before you go out info but just wanted to say Hey!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try to avoid the things you only forget once. Like....putting the drain plug in and not fully coupling the trailer. I'm sure some folks have other things you only forget once.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Try to avoid the things you only forget once. Like....putting the drain plug in and not fully coupling the trailer. I'm sure some folks have other things you only forget once.
Ya I forgot to remove the transom straps the first year I had the boat, never again🤣

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ya I forgot to remove the transom straps the first year I had the boat, never again🤣
Did the same thing once! never put them back on again 🤞 I don't think that would work with a drain plug though.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did the same thing once! never put them back on again 🤞 I don't think that would work with a drain plug though.
You never put the transom straps back on again!!??

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Take 2 days off work and go boating during the middle of the week. The ramp will be empty and you can calmly run through prepping the boat for launching. Do it yourself so you can do it without relying on any help or blaming anyone else.(particularly handy if you’re married!) Practice docking, driving, anchoring. The stress is all in your head and is compounded by family and onlookers! Work that shit out in private, then look like a boss when it counts!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My two cents…

Im a relatively new boater, just three years in. As far as the boat ramp goes, be sure you have all your stuff in the boat and the boat ready to launch before putting yourself in the queue to launch your boat.

As far as launching and retrieving goes, everyone there had a first time and the whole learning curve. Most people, these arenthewant you to be successful so try not to get stressed out.

Make a check list and put it in your phone. There should be a pre and post check list in your manual, just copy that into your phone. Complete the check list before you get in line to launch.

Read your manual and know your boat as well.

You are the cusp of making many many great memories, go out and enjoy your boat!

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take 2 days off work and go boating during the middle of the week. The ramp will be empty and you can calmly run through prepping the boat for launching. Do it yourself so you can do it without relying on any help or blaming anyone else.(particularly handy if you’re married!) Practice docking, driving, anchoring. The stress is all in your head and is compounded by family and onlookers! Work that shit out in private, then look like a boss when it counts!
This may be the truest statement yet! 😁 I am still in this phase.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been boating for years now and our first trip out this year I got distracted and forgot the straps. Knew what the problem was right away though. Had to do the march of shame back to the truck and pull forward to get them. :confused:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the Forum @Scherdiva . Nice to have someone in my neck of the woods here. We are in Milton. Boat out of Burlington. If you ever need help, PM me, your 15-20 mins away.

Last edited: