• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie Questions on FSH210

dkenney

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Do I just not know how to approach the pier or do the cleats available just not make sense. I've scuffed the boat pretty bad and that's after 3 trips. I keep trying different arrangements and I've sort of resigned myself to having the scuff marks. - (it's not really that bad but it is a new boat and the dark blue scuffed really shows - so makes it worse)

So lets assume I need more practice (aside from that)
What do people recommend for tie down / fender configuration when coming to the pier?

Do I need to get additional hardware?

Next question - I was planning on making some block island trips and I keep reading I need radar for when the fog rolls in. I don't have a hard top and I think my only option would be a pole mount - Assuming that's even something real and not an engineering fantasy.

I guess I'm interested in opinions more than a specific question.
Thanks all

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have found that if you put the rear corner to the dock first and focus on keeping it there, no dings. It's a great pivot point that is protected by a fender. To do this, your approaching the dock at 45 degrees, nose first, as you get close stop your forward speed and swing the rear in either by a full turn away from the dock and a closer to the dock jet easy forward, or reverse and pull the rear into the dock (I'm sure this would be easier with JBP Lateral Thruster that I don't have).

Also play with rotating the boat or crabbing forward one jet in forward the other in reverse, turning the wheel to support the forward jet.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to get creative with the bumpers and started using my rod holders in the side to hook them too. That puts one right in the middle for extra protection

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ll have to grab a pic of my fender setup. I use 1” pvc conduit 90’s, with the fender rope through them. They fit snug in the rod holders, and I use that to keep the fender whip length adjusted properly. I use the most forward and aft rod holders, seems to hold the boat away just fine. A very very slow approach too, vital.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm digging them... super simple!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

I use these $1 conduit elbows (the non-bell end ones) and run the rope through the bottom. Holds my fenders just right, keeps them completely vertical, and if they get scratched or dirty they only cost $1, I can afford to replace them.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And if you think those are cool, check out my “throttle sync”, since they don’t make one for the 2018’s and up

That one cost even less than $1, piece of 1 1/4” schedule 40 PVC I had laying around.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
View attachment 97397

I use these $1 conduit elbows (the non-bell end ones) and run the rope through the bottom. Holds my fenders just right, keeps them completely vertical, and if they get scratched or dirty they only cost $1, I can afford to replace them.
I thought about going that way, but the Wife is first mate using them most times. So I dropped coin to make it super simple on her. Like your solution regardless.

And if you think those are cool, check out my “throttle sync”, since they don’t make one for the 2018’s and up

View attachment 97398

That one cost even less than $1, piece of 1 1/4” schedule 40 PVC I had laying around.
Now I REALLY dig that. Did you use heat or just snap it over?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The 1 1/4” sch40 just snaps over. I cut about 120 degrees out of the pipe, giving it a kind of “C” shape. It snaps over, so far has not damaged the throttles in any way, as in no scratches or gouges. If you want to spend a ton of time shaping and trimming it perfectly you sure could but frankly this was a 10 minute solution that works beautifully.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I thought about going that way, but the Wife is first mate using them most times. So I dropped coin to make it super simple on her. Like your solution regardless.

Now I REALLY dig that. Did you use heat or just snap it over?
I suppose it’s all training lol, my “crew” has never used anything else. The girls (11 and 13) are pros at it now!