• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No drama cooler thread!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My last boat had the built in bow cooler and we never used it. Transfering stuff to it and back was a pain. The ideal is a place to drop in your own cooler and have it easily accessible and not in the way.
I like the concept of using the ski compartment as a cooler but not losing all of that storage space.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the one I looked at yesterday. Sounds like that’s the best bang for the buck. Nothing better than no drama cooler shopping - that is until I go back to Walmart. Then it’s anybodys guess.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
^^^^^ WTF???????

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I like the concept of using the ski compartment as a cooler but not losing all of that storage space.
I get what you mean We used to keep the cooler under the seat befind the helm, but the wear and tear on the cushion on a 19' (they aren't hinged) from going into the cooler as much as we do was problematic. Of course, having to get on me knees to constantly get into the ski locker is also problematic. :facepalm:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think it's important to look at the lid thickness of these coolers
the rtic 40 is pretty thick

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So in your opinion would the RTIC 30 or 40 work for 24 to 48 hour outings? Was back and fourth with RTIC45 or the soft 30 or 40. Do you think I could get away with the soft based on your experience with your 30. I appreciate the info.
@Shannon, your AR192 will fit an actual cooler under the seat. I would recommend a hard cooler over the soft one any day. The soft 40 is the biggest that works with my available space :(. Great cooler for 12 hour days though.

Last edited:

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My wife bought me this Ozark cooler for my birthday last year. We used it all summer and then the zipper broke. Walmart took it back and this year for my birthday, SURPRISE! I got a new one with a brand new REDESIGNED top. The old one worked great, I can see how the new one is much better. The top actually fits into the side walls. Have already used it several times and love it. LOVE THE WHITE TOO!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Premium-Jumbo-Tote-Gray/188204328
I am glad to hear they fixed their design, I had originally bought one while at Walmart but returned it when I read a lot of reviews saying the zippers broke.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1 for the RTIC soft 40. I have a fridge with dual ice makers and a chest freezer so we just bag our own ice to be at the ready. Ice keeps for at least two days in the RTIC. When you add up the cost of ice over a season bagging your own or putting in a fridge like @Bruce makes sense.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone installed a portable ice maker on their boat?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a portable ice maker on their boat?
Not installed one but usually bring one with my his name is Chin he rides for free

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I thought the movie left a lot to be desired but to each their own...

12267.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can’t comment on the ozark coolers but just saw a yeti plus accessories at Best Buy, Wow that is an expensive cooler. For that kind of money I’d be looking at a dometic like @Bruce installed. Or for something a more versitile this.
View attachment 71818
Personally I have and use a cheap igloo that fits in the dedicated cooler area of the boat. When they no longer keep ice for at least a day in the summer I replace them for $30 or so dollars.
I have this cooler and I want to sell it...I got it for beach use but we only go to the lake. Send me a PM if anyone is interested, I will be much less than the price listed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this cooler and I want to sell it...I got it for beach use but we only go to the lake. Send me a PM if anyone is interested, I will be much less than the price listed.
What cooler are you saying you have? The one with the blender?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What cooler are you saying you have? The one with the blender?
Yes the Coolest Cooler. I have the blue one. I was apart of the Kickstater Program last year.