• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not another subwoofer ? And stereo talk (sound video clips)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have my sub under the drivers cup holders. As stated earlier I want to build a sealed box for the inside and do the sandwich as @John Mcpartland mentioned above. A thought occurred to me on how I could get a sealed box in there. Has anyone attempted to remove that entire combing panel? I have a suspicion that when these things are built that the bow and cabin combing panels may be installed after all of the wiring is done. If it can be removed and reinstalled without damaging anything I can build a great box for that area.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have my sub under the drivers cup holders. As stated earlier I want to build a sealed box for the inside and do the sandwich as @John Mcpartland mentioned above. A thought occurred to me on how I could get a sealed box in there. Has anyone attempted to remove that entire combing panel? I have a suspicion that when these things are built that the bow and cabin combing panels may be installed after all of the wiring is done. If it can be removed and reinstalled without damaging anything I can build a great box for that area.
Do you have any pictures? I am thinking of doing this.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland I think that would be a nice setup, as long as it will fit...looks like that sub is pushing 10.5-11 inches in diameter so if you can find the room it should work. The box is super small, only .50 cubes, so that should help with space and storage issues.

What kinda amp would you use to push it?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland I think that would be a nice setup, as long as it will fit...looks like that sub is pushing 10.5-11 inches in diameter so if you can find the room it should work. The box is super small, only .50 cubes, so that should help with space and storage issues.

What kinda amp would you use to push it?
Alpine pdx-v9

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I will definitely be changing up my system now. 1 of my icon 8 tower speakers stopped working again, already sent it back to crutchfield once for a replacement and now my htx-6 is throwing protect codes for all 6 channels. Soooo, I will keep the (6) 6.5 wet sounds speakers and most likely upgrade the towers to rev 8's. May be looking at JL amps now for the interior speakers, tower and sub. Still researching on the sub.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about the trouble....but the upside is getting new equipment.

I could be wrong, but since I've been on here I haven't seen anyone upgrade from JL amps, but think a few have swapped out WS so that could be a deciding factor, not sure.... although the WS stuff looks solid.

I myself am running 100% JL everything, speakers, subs, amps, and soon to be towers.

When I'm doing "research" for the boat, my Fiancee knows something is bound to be delivered soon....good luck on the system upgrade!!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huge jl fan here too. The 12w7 is an insane speaker! I'm thinking about mounting the jl ib 10" under the steering wheel and downward firing. I haven't closely examined the fitment, butt I think it might fit. I had an old donzi with a speaker in that locating and it sounded great.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a lot of vibration in the throttles and dash in that location until I padded it. The opposite side of the boat by the co-captain may work better

Last edited:

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah do you run ballast?

Any reason why you decided to run the sub starboard vs Port?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, I am going to try to put my JL IB10 there. Thanks for sharing
It should fit very well, it is only 6" deep or so?

I'm probably going to try JL M10ib5 myself, not sure yet, depends if I get the time to play.
I would want to stick it under the strbd side seat, and then test it as infinite baffle (with an empty compartment behind it) vs building a small carpeted enclosure, similar to what I did for my batteries.

I know you guys think this is silly (sticking a IB sub in a small sealed enclosure), but I have a feeling this could possibly kind of work... (for what I need it to do, lol).

--

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It should fit very well, it is only 6" deep or so?

I'm probably going to try JL M10ib5 myself, not sure yet, depends if I get the time to play.
I would want to stick it under the strbd side seat, and then test it as infinite baffle (with an empty compartment behind it) vs building a small carpeted enclosure, similar to what I did for my batteries.

I know you guys think this is silly (sticking a IB sub in a small sealed enclosure), but I have a feeling this could possibly kind of work... (for what I need it to do, lol).

--
This is what im thinking on doing with a jl slim sub. 10tw3

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you still fit a cooler starboard side if there is an IB sub there? Has anyone ran 2 10" IB subs side by side in that compartment? I'm really wanting to buy from crutchfield since I have 15,000 reward points (about $200-$300) but my problem is they only sell the amplified box wet sound subs. Debating about going JL but I don't want the sub grill to look stupid with the rest of my wet sounds speakers. Could possibly find a grill on eBay maybe.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Edit just saw on adrianp89's post 2 ib' s side by side looks sweet.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
one other quick question. I'm looking at the JL amps and trying to find one that compares to the htx-6 that I have, 100 watts rms x 6 to run my 6 speakers but I dont see any that rate that High. I know they keep their power at low volts but I don't want my volume of those speakers to go down.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone ran 2 10" IB subs side by side in that compartment?
Yes, @Minh Nguyen - I'm pretty sure has two jl m10ib5 right there in parallel - hope he can chime in! I'tried to find his pics I remember he posted on that.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol I just posted these pics in the other thread. But yeah I have 2 m10 JL subs and it sounds great to me. The free cooler will still fit but hard to get in and out. Get a yeti hopper 30 and it fits nicely behind the captain's or passenger's seat Resized_20170120_205832.jpeg Resized_20170120_205810.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol I just posted these pics in the other thread. But yeah I have 2 m10 JL subs and it sounds great to me. The free cooler will still fit but hard to get in and out. Get a yeti hopper 30 and it fits nicely behind the captain's or passenger's seat View attachment 69134 View attachment 69135
Awesome! Do you know/remember how you powered those JL subs - approx how many watts RMS do they get?
I remember reading somewhere they work okay at 180 watts but sound much much better at something like 340 which would be the max.
Yours are not enclosed, correct?

--