• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not jetboat related.....but, new Mercury V12 Outboard....600 HP

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They showed all the performance numbers in their website. It got up to 69 MPH
Not bad for a 43,000lb boat with a lower power to weight ratio than a 210.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We just put 4 of these on our 46 center console. I say our like i own it lol. Meaning the boat company i am a contractor for. The 46 was just released and the 600’s went on hull #2 so im not sure what the performance #’s are on it yet. When i find out ill post it up

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just put 4 of these on our 46 center console. I say our like i own it lol. Meaning the boat company i am a contractor for. The 46 was just released and the 600’s went on hull #2 so im not sure what the performance #’s are on it yet. When i find out ill post it up
Hey, there will be some demo rides, right? That's a ride I wouldn't want to miss! :cool: :cool: :cool:

--

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Hey, there will be some demo rides, right? That's a ride I wouldn't want to miss! :cool: :cool: :cool:

--
unfortunately the boat is out at lake x right now. i never get any rides:(. i did get the #'s though. it hit 75mph. its a heavy and solid boat. 46'. with 2400hp though i still would think it would have gone faster. mercury isnt designing this thing for the high performance market though either. they are heavy motors and twin prop so good for acceleration but not for top end. i guess the large center console market would be the fit for this thing.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This looks pretty awesome. Will be nice to see this type of technology (2 spd transmission, steering) filter down to the more pedestrian 250-300hp models in the future.
I doubt the transmission will filter down as the lower powered units don't have the torque to keep the prop moving at those rates unless it's a small lightweight boat with a mild prop pitch. Spinning a large area prop, especially duo-props with a long pitch, takes a lot of torque to maintain thrust - nothing to do with technology, it's all about the physics.

Since these engines have massive HP and lots of torque due to the V12 and displacement (bigger than most boat engines), they can bump up the gear ratio a bit to get more economical mileage while cruising. We're still talking about a huge engine so economical is relative.
:D

The non-moving engine with rotating lower might filter down though. Imagine putting a pair of 250hp on a 25ft bass boat that normally could only fit one on the transom.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I generally feel that I’m content with what I have in life & I don’t usually get jealous of nicer things....right up until I start looking at those amazing 40-50ft crossover/sport boats. Damn that would be nice. Maybe I shoulda worked harder!
Agreed...but still love my 212s!
:D

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
unfortunately the boat is out at lake x right now. i never get any rides:(. i did get the #'s though. it hit 75mph. its a heavy and solid boat. 46'. with 2400hp though i still would think it would have gone faster. mercury isnt designing this thing for the high performance market though either. they are heavy motors and twin prop so good for acceleration but not for top end. i guess the large center console market would be the fit for this thing.
I assume this is you guys... Valhalla Boatworks and Mercury Marine Team Up To Supercharge The V46 | Staten Island Yachts