• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Now that Summer is offically over who is still boating?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yesterday after work on Lake Murray. 90 degrees F air temp, 86 degrees F water temp, 3 mph winds, sunny, and glass at 5pm. Can’t say I regret moving from Maine to South Carolina one bit yet. My sons weren’t happy when they called looking for a ride home from football practice but hey we deserve some fun too.

53B1AD54-26EC-4863-B619-71F431B7A070.jpeg DD901C11-56D3-452D-8918-2711255034FC.jpeg 5F448113-CDA0-4122-AF73-AB775922D8B2.jpeg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still going. It was 94* out yesterday on Lake Thurmond / Clarks hill. I plan to go year round this year.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What? There was a season? I think I missed it. Bummer. Got out I think 3 or 4 times this season, an all time low.....is it time to sell?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
was all set to head to the lake today to pull ours (northern IL.) But we are having a nice all day rainy Saturday here, so might be the boating gods way of saying... not yet!

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We keep our boat in Needles and boat primarily on the Colorado and Lake Mohave, but there are a few lakes local to Los Angeles and a couple farther north that we've been to over the years.

Castaic Lake is only about an hour's drive from our house in Redondo and a bit farther up the road is Pyramid Lake.
We used to go up to Lake San Antonio in Monterey Co. for a week each year when the kids were little. Great place to camp on the beach.

You'd be surprised at how many Yamahas are running in the ocean, especially in Long Beach where they have the Marine Stadium in Alamitos Bay. A lot of them run over to Catalina Island in the morning.
@Glassman....We seem to have the same idea! We go to Mohave, Needles, and Havasu. So we store the boat out there. Do you keep boat out there year round? We bring the boat back home during the winter....Best part about Socal is the weather, so we might want to launch out of Redondo sometime this winter. Do they still have the hoist launch? I don't want to dip my painted trailer in the salt water. Worried about corrosion! And if we do launch in Redondo, how long is the boat ride to Long Beach? Sorry about all the questions, but i really want to try boating in Long Beach and soon Catalina!

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Bumped into Joe & Jeff at Texoma. Glad we finally had a chance to meet. Great to see another Scarab out there today with the weather around 91°.
20171014_163011.jpg

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No real winter for another 2 months here in north Florida. I plan on getting at leat 5 or so runs in before the new year.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still boating up here in the Northeast. We don't put the boat away until the water says "Enough!" (ices over)

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was out today. Doing my typical sunbathing/ lounging routine..........:)

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Ouch - What causes that ?
I was in an area of Lake Taneycomo that I should not have been. I had the boat on plane and the lake got real shallow real quick. The pump must have sucked in a few pounds of gravel...

NorthernIL212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally pulled my boat in yesterday, in the rain. Temps are predicted to hit below freezing this week at night. Sad day.... Hard to put it away after a great couple of months. Love the 212X over my AR190.