• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Now that Summer is offically over who is still boating?

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2017-09-30 19.41.27.jpg

Still going strong, but I'm really starting to notice the short days....

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think this is the last week the weather here in texas will be in the high 80's, supposed to be 86-89 Sunday , then a nice cool down to the mid 70's.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who is happy to still be boating? ... This guy!
IMG_1589.PNG
Hartwell is 10' down already and I wasn't sure if the closest ramp would be usable. When I arrived I was pleased to witness a guy taking delivery of one of these at the ramp.
IMG_1590.JPG
A Chap. 287! They were taking up the whole ramp and he was struggling to get it properly on the trailer (for 15 minutes). He must have pulled it partially/completely out then back in 5 or 6 times. I just smiled and waved as I waited patiently until he was finally satisfied and cleared the ramp.

We all all start out green at some point whether it be a first boat or the first time with a new one, so no need to be rude. Needless to say after watching him motor the thing on the trailer, I knew I had plenty of ramp and depth for my little ole 21' jetboat.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Temps are still hovering in the 100's this weekend at the river...we'll probably go once or twice before we switch over to dirt for the rest of the year. :cool:

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Enjoying Indian summer here in Michigan and hope to be out again this weekend cause we know we aren't boating here on Christmas.

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Temps are still hovering in the 100's this weekend at the river...we'll probably go once or twice before we switch over to dirt for the rest of the year. :cool:
I use to live in Fresno, just curious where do you run your boat in SoCal? Not too many good lakes close to the L.A. area and I would imagine you don't run on the ocean there.

Kazz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless it starts to snow in Fort Lauderdale, we keep going all year round.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since leaving New England for South Carolina, I'm still boating. Yea baby!

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was high 80’s today here in S Jersey. So we hit our local cove. I’m loving 80’s in October. C4E92483-8DAA-4804-9952-D48255BCE689.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still in the mid 80s here in Souther IN. We're about done with water sports, but still have a month or so of time on the water. We usually transition to the river away from the lakes this time of year.

Have plans to get dinner on the water next Friday with another couple. Should be cool but not too bad.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
78 Deg F here today. Perfect put-away day. (I hate playing with the garden hose when it's 55 Deg out.)

Filled her up and added Sta-Bil. Ran on the hose for a while and fogged the intakes. Pulled up the carpets and removed most things that aren't nailed down. Stuffed her tight into the back corner of the storage unit (so I can squeeze the sailboat and utility trailer in there).

So now it's official. Boating season is over.

Next weekend I'll stuff the sailboat in there and then haul the snow-thrower home and prep it. Sigh. Can't wait...

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still boating up here in Canada. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Attachments

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not stopping here anytime soon I hope...

IMG_2445.jpg

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are surfing this weekend in southern Illinois. Rend lake on Friday, lake kinkaid today, and Sunday back to rend lake for more ropeless surfing.

Was really nice having the waterways empty and water at 75 degrees

Attachments

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Sunday ride on Lake Lewisville this past weekend with a nice temp of 89° and a beautiful sunset20171008_191057.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still using the Yamaha in Northern Vermont today, 72deg. today, water temp. 66, getting friggin cold. The color in the hills is not to peak stage yet. The lake area is still mostly green. The weather has been warm. Took this shot of Mt. Mansfield, Stowe resort on the other side, as we were coming back in to the Narrows of Malletts Bay.20171010_155445.jpg And when I turn around, off in the distance, in this shot, is Upstate New York.20171010_155452.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernIL212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ia m still at it in Northern IL. Hoping to squeeze out a couple more weekends. Fingers crossed.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use to live in Fresno, just curious where do you run your boat in SoCal? Not too many good lakes close to the L.A. area and I would imagine you don't run on the ocean there.
We keep our boat in Needles and boat primarily on the Colorado and Lake Mohave, but there are a few lakes local to Los Angeles and a couple farther north that we've been to over the years.

Castaic Lake is only about an hour's drive from our house in Redondo and a bit farther up the road is Pyramid Lake.
We used to go up to Lake San Antonio in Monterey Co. for a week each year when the kids were little. Great place to camp on the beach.

You'd be surprised at how many Yamahas are running in the ocean, especially in Long Beach where they have the Marine Stadium in Alamitos Bay. A lot of them run over to Catalina Island in the morning.