• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rate your 2022 boating season

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
About a month to go and so far so good. New home lake this year and probably haven't seen 50% of it yet.
We have been out on average once a week since April and have added About 45 hours.
We don't tend to ride real long just find a spot for the day and anchor up. Getting About 2.5 mpg and use approximately 8 gallons each outing.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Started off well for me, then had a defective steering cable that laid the boat up for almost 4 months. Came back swinging strong and going out Sunday. I would say A. Best grade I have ever had lol ;)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
typical year
1667602836731.jpeg1667602881707.jpeg
sun finally came out1667602957467.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok im spoiled I live in paradise.. boating season never ends... the days just get shorter... just in from a sunset cruise....

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
ok im spoiled I live in paradise.. boating season never ends... the days just get shorter... just in from a sunset cruise....
The joys of moving from the Midwest to Florida!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yea I am a lot further north than you are, Tampa bay is awful I believe everyone should move out and go south unless you want some free fish, then just wait for the next red tide
1667605267416.jpeg1667605335896.jpeg1667605389386.jpeg1667605500972.jpeg

oakley24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
It's an A+ for me. Won a lottery to get into a seasonal RV campsite at Seneca Lake, OH in the spring, became proud first time boat owners on July 19th, and although the boat needs some work, it ran beautifully. Although we didn't get a full season with the boat, or the greatest weather, it still was awesome
20220814_095456.jpg

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered a 212S in October 2021 and waited... In early August 2022 got the call. Though, it was a different 'the call' that we expected. We were informed that our 212S had been canceled BUT, there were two 2022s on the way and we could have our choice of the two. First one was the exact 19' boat we decided against back in October 2021. The other choice was an AR250 that was going to most likely push us in to a new tow vehicle. So, in mid to late August our brand spanking new AR250 arrives a few days before my birthday. We hit the lake a couple of times and sure enough, our original tow vehicle wasn't up to the challenge. Found a new to us tow vehicle, traded the old one in for more than we paid for it and were back in business. Hit the lake a dozen times or more with our new boat and truck combo and have been having an absolute blast! Put myself in the situation were I had to learn from scratch how to tow and maneuver a trailer with a big-ass boat. That took a bit but, I'm much more proficient with it now. Having grown up boating (not towing) I've had the absolute pleasure of introducing my 'never boated before' family to such an amazing activity and they are hooked. We've taken friends out, run the lake up and down, waisted away the day in a cove, boated under the stars, made friends with some ducks, taken amazing photos, raced other boats, cleaned trash out of the lake, and fished. Looking to do all of it again, and add tubing, road trips to more exotic locations, and a few more boat accessories to the list.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And now we get to deal with our second hurricane in as many months 1668034512350.png

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
D for us here in SW Iowa. Too busy due to me attending the LE Academy and having our second kid at the end of May. We got the boat out 2 times at our home lake and then one long weekend at the Ozarks. Reliability and ease of winterization gets an A+ though!

Next year will be better for sure.

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spent large parts of the summer traveling with the family (without the boat) to some nice places (Michigan, So Cal, TX Gulf coast, Long Island, Virginia) so can't really complain, but didn't leave that much time for boating. Plus, all the lakes around here were dried up so it was a haul to get anywhere. Add to that this dang gremlin with the boat (maybe a bad sensor - intermittently locks out at 6000 RPM). All in all, been better boating summers.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
D- Went out 4-5 times and it just hit the water in August. Needs impeller work as we sucked up something at the end of season so she's being stored now and then the imp work begins. Getting too busy and sick of trailering.

Oh yeah and it's for sale!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
B- here in NCal for me. Weather was good and hot for the most part, moved to a home a mile from the boat ramp but moving and settling in took up most of our free time. Still took the boat on two weekend camping trips with no issues. Last trip out one of the timing chains broke and the drivers side windshield shattered. I just found out that was a $10k day.

we got a lot more use out of our Waverunners this year, mostly after work runs (one hour or less). My wife and I closed out the season with a long cruise, 80 mile round trip to old Sacramento. Bring closer to the water I found I’m on the water less (at least this first year) but I enjoy it a lot more. The reduction in towing, launching and retrieving has been nothing short of awesome. Hoping for an A season next year.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A-... We had maybe 15 good sailing days. Only one shipt show pulling to the fuel dock for a pump out in 20kt gusts. It will buff out. A lot of evenings having dinner at the slip. And quite a few outings with the dinghy, fishing. I say A- because we did not do an overnighter with the dogs at an anchorage. Half way thru the season we bought another fishing/project boat. A 37yo 19' BW Outrage with the same era 115 Yamaha 2-stroke. I fixed the trim/tilt and the water in the fuel, did some needed maintenance, added a T-top, a Lowrance, a couple of downriggers. We had fun even if we did not catch any Lake Champlain monsters in our dozen or so outings. That boat and the dinghy are ready to go on the next warm day.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
B, about what I expected, 15 hours on the engines, 3-4 trips with friends with kids to tube, I don't think we surfed one time this year, my youngest daughter wants to keep the boat but rarely is it her idea to go out, she has gotten much better with docking and loading on the trailer this year,

I would have given it a C but she is now also driving the truck and boat to the ramp and the last two trips backed the trailer down the ramp and that has been a confidence builder,

HoosierDaddyAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A+ for our season. It was our first season of boating. Maiden voyage in April allowed us to get use to launching and docking before season traffic picked up. Made a trip to Patoka Lake floating cabins in June and weather and water temps were great. Made a trip to Lake Michigan New Buffalo on July 4th weekend that was awesome. Ended the season with trip to Mullet Lake/Cheboygan MI. On that trip hit Higgins Lake with Crystal blue waters. Hit up local lakes a several weekends for total of 50 hours all summer. Kids learned to knee board, wakeboard and lots of tubing fun. Made some great family memories in first season and weather was good. Looking forward to making more memories in future summers. Loving the lake life thus far.