• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Now that Summer is offically over who is still boating?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was out yesterday for a surf session as well. However, until I can get my garage extended the boat goes away to locked inside heated storage (meaning I don't have access to it) from the end of Oct until the end of March. That puts a hard stop to my season and precludes me from any driveway boating in the winter. :(

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's still in the 80's here. Low's in the 60's. Still boating until it goes below 60. Plus, everyone else is chasing kids and sporting events. Like having the lake to ourselves. Gotta love it.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll keep going until the snow flies in CT. Shorty wetsuits for the next few weeks and then full wetsuit in late October and November. Stretch the season as long as I can.

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Was 80 degrees a few days ago here on the East end of Long Island... Surfed Sunday, Monday and back out today although its only gonna be around 70 today....

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, we only have summer and summerlite

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Upstate NY. I'll winterize and put it in storage the last weekend in October. Last weekend was spectacular! This morning it was 39 degrees... Supposed to be decent on Sunday however. We like to finish our season with a day on Lake George to look at the leaves.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
End of October is usually the end of my boating season. We make sure to get a Sacramento river run in ( from Orwood resort in Brentwood to Old Sacramento) towards the end of October. I was really hoping to do it earlier in the season but it didn't work out that way. It's been another great season and I hope all have an even better one next year!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've had a few days that were in the low 90s but since school started for our 7 year old it pretty much killed boating. I still have one outing planned which is to meet up with some friends who are renting a houseboat on Oct 20-22. That will be the last trip of the year.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading to Cheat Lake, WV as soon as the frost burns off. Hehe.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Probably not till Nov some time... But you never know here in GA. Last couple of years we've had a few days of freak 80 degree weather in December.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still on the lift. Usually get a few trips in October.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keeping it out til 30OCT, still gonna have a nice weekend here and there.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our season is done. Probably would have gone this weekend but I had to run up north to close down Mom's cottage and do some fix-up work for her around the house. (6 hour drive one-way.)

October 1st does something to me. It triggers a countdown timer in my brain that I can actually hear ticking. It says "Get the boats put away, get the snowthrower ready, get the garage cleaned out so you can put the cars away..." My personal goal is to have it all done by October 31st. I've only missed once in the 20 years (!) we've been in this house.

It's going to be extra work this year because of the garage/shop reorganization I've got going on. The garage is full of more stuff than usual. Plus I just hauled back a bunch of tools and a cabinet from Mom's house. (Dad passed 7 years ago, and I've been dragging things back from his work-shop a little at a time ever since.)

So the clock is ticking REALLY loud at the moment.

I'm hoping to take an afternoon off this week and get the boat winterized and stored. Then I can stuff the sailboat in the storage unit and call that good. A good garage clean-out and I'll be all set for winter.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's been a nice late summer on Long Island, N.Y.. Mild and calm after the recent parade of storms. I'm going to try and extend into the fall. Close her up in early 2546.jpeg November.

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Well... I was planning on making a few more trips. Now we're done for the year! :banghead::banghead::greedy:20171001_151116.jpg