• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Filters

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wix 51348= NAPA Gold 3148

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
makes sense if you don’t plan on using your boat often. The price isn’t the driver for me. It’s the filter material in the oil filter. Your option whether you use Fran or Napa gold or Yamaha filters use enhanced cellulose material.
Yamaha doesn't make oil filters, and they're the same as low end Fram on the inside - nothing special about them. Their first model had fiber media, but now they're just the same pleated filter as all the rest. Read this cut open filter review for details:

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yamaha doesn't make oil filters, and they're the same as low end Fram on the inside - nothing special about them. Their first model had fiber media, but now they're just the same pleated filter as all the rest. Read this cut open filter review for details:

yea i saw that awhile back. hence why i refuse to use yamaha filters. but with frequent oil changes it really doesnt matter what filter you use. With that being said, how they can justify the price of their filter with that material when you can use just any pleated enhanced cellulose filter. as long as they have a 3/4 x16 thread and have an antidrain back valve rated at 11- 16 psi range im good. i just prefer the synthetic filters over the enhanced cellulose

Last edited:

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Here's the specs on the WIx 51348
Wix 53148.png

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use them on the 1800 engines and they have several different grades and very heavy case walls so that was why I chose them I have been using them since 2018 when I had another brand split on me only a few weeks after I changed the oil and filter I wrote up the incident with a picture of me being towed in by a boater. Never had another incident since changing to the Fram filters.
I don't know where to find the correct part # for the filter. The shop manual lists the oil, not filter in the maintenance section. The last kit I ordered came with 69j-13440-04-00, but I do not see that on the conversion table. I see 134400-03's .. Are these good for my 2016 242 LS E series ? I am only looking for filters this year.

thank you to anyone that can help here.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are larger than the factory filter so they would not be on the chart but they are what I use

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They are larger than the factory filter so they would not be on the chart but they are what I use
Thank you ! Just so I am understanding, you are using -03's? The reason I hesitated ordering is that they seem to be purchased for motorcycles. If you use those, that's good enough for me .. Thanks again.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I use those TG3600 filters because the container is very strong If you can get the body of an oil filter to give easily when you compress it in your hand it speaks volumes about the thickness of the container. The diameter of the filter is similar to the stock one but the length is 4 and 3/4 inches long so be sure you have room for it I also like the top of the filter that has the grip surface to install and remove it easier I have been using these for years like I said I had a new filter fail and the case split while I was out in front of shell key in the gulf , not my idea of reliability . https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-oil-filter-failed-just-did-the-oil-change-2-weeks-ago.18678/ so this is my post when I changed to the Fram filters

Attachments

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, sounds like its worth a trip to the boat and check if I have room for those. I also need to get on ordering those slow speed steering fins that Julian posted on. Thanks for your replies.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't know where to find the correct part # for the filter. The shop manual lists the oil, not filter in the maintenance section. The last kit I ordered came with 69j-13440-04-00, but I do not see that on the conversion table. I see 134400-03's .. Are these good for my 2016 242 LS E series ? I am only looking for filters this year.
All of the 69j-13440 filters are the same fitment, just different revisions 00,01,03,04. The 04 hasn't been added to the list yet but any of the models you see listed for the 01 revision should work fine, plus a whole bunch more not listed as a match due to size differences, but they should fit without issue as there's lot of room in there:

Jeff points to the Fram 3600 series which is longer but with the same threads and basic mounting dimensions:

It's a very common mount and thread size used by many companies worldwide...probably why Yamaha picked it to source their OEM filters.