• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On water. Blown fuse. Need help!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a pic of my fuse box. It appears that the ones on the left are spares and that the ones on the right are in use. I'm not sure why, but neither of my fuse blocks had a 30 amp spare. But I keep an assortment in my toolbox anyway. There's also a fuse puller stored in the cap. Hope this helps someone out in the future. ;)View attachment 25223
View attachment 25224
I only have 2 fuses. A 20a and 5a.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@itsdgm you just have MR1 engines not HO's correct ?

I thought your picture looked strange also, my 07 mr1-HO is the same circular cover but only has 3 slots, but unlike Scokill I think mine was a 3a and a 20a with an open slot (not for a spare). I'll take a picture when I get home, just thought it was strange and would have thought in 2007 all boat's would have been similar ????

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas @scokill youre correct. I have the MR1 non HO engines. I just assumed that similar vintage boats would have the same fuse blocks. I'm curious to see a pic of yours. I do remember reading that @Julian said that he had some fuses marked spare. I took about a half a dozen pics trying to see where they were labeled. Then I saw the marking above the fuses on my final pic showing them labeled as spare/main.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here is a picture of mine, the lower slot is the spare, I'm not sure what the left slot is for, I'll have to dig into the manual,ECU fuse box.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
strange, in my service manual it only talks about a single 3a and 20a fuse, nothing about what the left 3a slot is for ?? (page copied below)
I looked in my owners manual and it shows all three and lists them as 10a (I'm to lazy to scan and paste it) ??

It's confusing but I'm glad I'm learning more about my boat!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2015-7-9_17-45-52.png

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The far left slot appears to not have the metal clamps that would receive the blade fuse. It's a fairly common Yamaha thing to reuse parts from model to model year after year. Maybe they designed it for future use?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be for the chartplotter in the Connext system... or whatever it is called.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we had a happy ending. Thanks to all who helped.

In the end, I was able to get a new fuse (plus spares) from Lake Holcombe Marina. We had an extended single engine drive, some at idle and the rest with power (after clamping the water line on the dead engine per picture posted here).

Before I cranked the engine, I did remove the plugs and motor the engine with the starter, just in case we took on water. We did not. It was worth the piece of mind to spend 20 minutes doing this to save 5K+ on hydro-lock problems.

After it was all back together, it cranked right up and we had another day and a half of trouble free, Yamaha fun!

Eric