• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our favorite: Pizza w/Sunset cruise

upload_2018-9-4_0-14-26.png
upload_2018-9-4_0-15-6.png
upload_2018-9-4_0-15-25.png
upload_2018-9-4_0-16-5.png

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
20180903_161037.jpg
This one photo best sums up our labor day.
After seeing 20% chance of thunderstorms all month we said lets just go! Because we were tired of watching perfect days go by.
Went out early, enjoyed a new beach and had launched from Hammond marina which we don't normally in order to beat some traffic home.
Come to about noon a storm rolls around but we had early lunch to be sure we weren't caught. Over Chicago anyways.
Saw one big lightning strike. Decided to pack up and head east away from storm but before we were all to the boat the 4 wheeler police were coming down the beach kicking everyone out of the water due to lightning. Like, this is not a place where they patrol so kinda serious.
Took off east towards sunshine and noticing the 4 wheelers up and down the coast with lights on clearing all the beaches. Got 15 minutes away and flipped on the marine radio.
Sqeeelch...thunderstorm warning. Flash flood warnings. Then squeeelch again... tornado warning!
Aaaand we no longer can get back to the truck due to a tornado/ thunderstorm between us.
Keep heading east to Portage, got in the inlet, got gas as a precaution. Gas dock shut me off before full. Lightning too close gotta go!
Go to Portage marina transient docks and it's POURING! Kids are hiding in cuddy.
We grab food bags and wallets/phone and run up to office/ bathrooms.(most public bathrooms are built as tornado shelters anymore. Many will have signs)
Office was open ladies watching storm so i go chat. Family sitting on porch area eating.
Tornado west of chicago but rain here for an hour or so, no problem. So we chilled to bout 3 when it stopped raining. Figured we either need to get back to Hammond before the next storm or call a cab to get us to the truck and bring back to Portage and retrieve there.
Not raining, so lets boat it!
45 minutes to Hammond by the time you no wake out and bust across nearly the entire south shore of Lake Michigan. Did about 30ish whole way because any faster would have been upleasant but we could see we were literally between two storms.
Got to Hammond and started downpouring. We eventually got in just fine but it was fun the whole way! Drive home boat had no cover and it was super bad down pours. Gonna need to air out now for sure.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried to get out to see the sunrise from the water. Kids woke up and wanted to come too...

I feel you on the rain. The boat touched the water on Friday night but the storm that was supposed to finish at 5 pm was still whitecapping the lake at 5:30, at 6 we decided to just head back to home base. (dad's house.)
We boated all day sat with my FIL on his 28' Regal.
Then sat in the rain twice on Sunday on the Ar240. Rain on the horizon at 4pm pushed us off the lake. Dropped the kiddo's off at the the closest landing where Granny had parked and then jetted back to our launch.
REALLY wish Yamaha had thought of 6' plus tall Captains when they designed the bimini. It donks me in the head repeatedly when standing and racing at 30 mph across windy water... I usually have to stand between the windshields and reach back to the steering wheel.

Also safety note. See where my giant ass pain in the ass tube is located? when we got on the water it was under inflated. When I went full throttle, it nearly flipped the boat on it's back. It was scooping the jets and shoving them onto the swim deck. pulling the entire aft end of the boat under water... My wife was hanging from the bow handle as the boat went towards vertical...
After inflating it we had no issues....

20180902_065759.jpg20180902_081312.jpg

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 82722
After seeing 20% chance of thunderstorms all month we said lets just go! Because we were tired of watching perfect days go by.
Went out early, enjoyed a new beach and had launched from Hammond marina which we don't normally in order to beat some traffic home.
Come to about noon a storm rolls around but we had early lunch to be sure we weren't caught. Over Chicago anyways.
Saw one big lightning strike. Decided to pack up and head east away from storm but before we were all to the boat the 4 wheeler police were coming down the beach kicking everyone out of the water due to lightning. Like, this is not a place where they patrol so kinda serious.
Took off east towards sunshine and noticing the 4 wheelers up and down the coast with lights on clearing all the beaches. Got 15 minutes away and flipped on the marine radio.
Sqeeelch...thunderstorm warning. Flash flood warnings. Then squeeelch again... tornado warning!
Aaaand we no longer can get back to the truck due to a tornado/ thunderstorm between us.
Keep heading east to Portage, got in the inlet, got gas as a precaution. Gas dock shut me off before full. Lightning too close gotta go!
Go to Portage marina transient docks and it's POURING! Kids are hiding in cuddy.
We grab food bags and wallets/phone and run up to office/ bathrooms.(most public bathrooms are built as tornado shelters anymore. Many will have signs)
Office was open ladies watching storm so i go chat. Family sitting on porch area eating.
Tornado west of chicago but rain here for an hour or so, no problem. So we chilled to bout 3 when it stopped raining. Figured we either need to get back to Hammond before the next storm or call a cab to get us to the truck and bring back to Portage and retrieve there.
45 minutes to Hammond by the time you no wake out and bust across nearly the entire south shore of Lake Michigan. Did about 30ish whole way because any faster would have been upleasant but we could see we were literally between two storms.
Got to Hammond and started downpouring. We eventually got in just fine but it was fun the whole way! Drive home boat had no cover and it was super bad down pours. Gonna need to air out now for sure.
That sounds like one very exciting day of boating.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fun couple days on the water!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 82722
Be cautious with people in the closet with the engine running, we had a member report somebody was in there while underway and had carbon monoxide symptoms

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Be cautious with people in the closet with the engine running, we had a member report somebody was in there while underway and had carbon monoxide symptoms
Certainly noted! They didn't ride in there the whole way just a little bit of the no wake zone inside the marina because it started raining again there.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This wall of water just missed us to the north.
20180903_142305.jpg
Out in the Yamaha on Labor Day.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, we all know that kids (especially stubborn ones) listen to their teachers/coaches more than their parents.

So, HUGE shout out to @Nathan Bryant !! He's one awesome wakesurf coach! Our 11yr old daughter Cassie has been struggling for a few outings. She's been very persistent but hasn't been able to get up. After a couple pulls with @Nathan Bryant and @jcyamaharider , she can now do this every time!!

So proud of her and HUGE Thanks to Nate for getting in the water with her and getting her started! I still have no idea how she gets the board flipped before we even take off, but that's how she does it every time now.

This was in Shelbyville over Labor Day weekend.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, we all know that kids (especially stubborn ones) listen to their teachers/coaches more than their parents.

So, HUGE shout out to @Nathan Bryant !! He's one awesome wakesurf coach! Our 11yr old daughter Cassie has been struggling for a few outings. She's been very persistent but hasn't been able to get up. After a couple pulls with @Nathan Bryant and @jcyamaharider , she can now do this every time!!

So proud of her and HUGE Thanks to Nate for getting in the water with her and getting her started! I still have no idea how she gets the board flipped before we even take off, but that's how she does it every time now.

This was in Shelbyville over Labor Day weekend.
That's great! She looks so comfortable! Great wave, too.
Could you tell what board she's using? Our kids (12, 14 - last trip) use our Hyperlite Quad, but it is a BIG board (5'4"?) and we are looking for a more kids-friendly setup. We figure we can always just get a shorter Quad if nothing else but your video made me think...

--

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's great! She looks so comfortable! Great wave, too.
Could you tell what board she's using? Our kids (12, 14 - last trip) use our Hyperlite Quad, but it is a BIG board (5'4"?) and we are looking for a more kids-friendly setup. We figure we can always just get a shorter Quad if nothing else but your video made me think...

--
Sure, it's a Liquid Force Fish 5'0 (2016 model). I got it on evo.com for about $250, I think.

At first, I thought this board was too buoyant or long as my wife feels like she needs an uncomfortably wide stance, and my daughter has a hard time flipping the board with her heel pressure.

@Nathan Bryant loaned us a kid-size board that was rated for a max weight of 150lbs, I think. Both Cassie and my wife tried it, but felt like they preferred the Fish. They're both about the same size around 115lbs, and same height. I'm not sure what they didn't like about it. The wife actually thought it felt too small as her feet were practically on either end. (might be better for doing spins or other tricks, though)

The trick for Cassie was Nate got in the water with her and held the board in the flipped position as we took off. Cassie was able to get the feel for it and just popped right up after a couple tries. After a couple pulls, she somehow figured out how to flip the board even before takeoff. Now, she does that every time. She even started off a couple times with the board flat and tried to flip it against the water and she just slid across the water, without success.

However, the board we were using when she finally figured it out was one of @jcyamaharider 's boards. I don't recall which one. Next day after having that success, she popped right up using our board.

Benoit

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
AAC52B4B-7EF9-4563-BBFB-17FFB0AF39AA.jpeg Canandaigua lake. Finger lake in ny

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Andy NJ How does your boat handle the water around there? I'm in the market for a 212 for next season and spend a lot of time in the Corsons Inlet area. I'm a little worried that the Yamahas may get a little to beat up in some of the water around there? I have seem some rough stuff on my wave runner coming in and out of a few of the inlets.
@Stealth The 24 handles all the back bays very well, even with all the traffic and wind creating a moderate chop. The inlets can beat you up. I'm up at Great Bay, Little Egg Inlet, haven't been as far down as Corsons, only to Somers Point. I've read Corsons is tough.
The way we see it, we don't fish, so to run outside is for sight seeing, we try the inlet and if it's uncomfortable, we turn around. The fun is in the bays anyways (water sports, rafting up, sandbars). That's one of the reasons I chose the Yamaha, handles the skinny water great. If you want a ride I'd be happy to bring you out, but my schedule is cutting my season short this year, unless it stays pleasant into mid-October, otherwise the beginning of next season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is my darned boat when I need her???
Anyone around here, could use a ride, don't see any members in Tirol.
upload_2018-9-8_3-53-44.png

This river is FULL of limestone!

--

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...spotted just a bit further down the dock...

So is this the official Nautique
method to keep geese scat off the swim platform?

Attachments