• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our Operating Costs and Revenue Transparency

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Or simply a volunteer fund, I’d be more than happy to chip in - considering the wealth of knowledge on here I‘d consider it a steal.
Something simple like $20 a year and you get a piece of swag. Good thing about this community is the lack of drama. So no worries about people trying to use their donation money as leverage if they don't behave.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something simple like $20 a year and you get a piece of swag. Good thing about this community is the lack of drama. So no worries about people trying to use their donation money as leverage if they don't behave.
Yeah, or whatever you feel like giving. Keep it all low key as to no take away the organic feel of this place. Just make it a volunteer thing. Some will donate $0 some $5 some more. But certainly no reason anyone 1 or 2 people need to bear the cost.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, or whatever you feel like giving. Keep it all low key as to no take away the organic feel of this place. Just make it a volunteer thing. Some will donate $0 some $5 some more. But certainly no reason anyone 1 or 2 people need to bear the cost.
@Trevor Shipman @jmargo

FYI: 5% of every floating keychain sale goes back to the forum operation.

Actually, a lot of the stuff purchased through the site’s classifieds utility has a % that goes back to the site. As a seller, you are given the option to select what that % should be. I believe the ballast jumper cables and spare tire cover also participate.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman @jmargo

FYI: 5% of every floating keychain sale goes back to the forum operation.

Actually, a lot of the stuff purchased through the site’s classifieds utility has a % that goes back to the site. As a seller, you are given the option to select what that % should be. I believe the ballast jumper cables and spare tire cover also participate.
well, I guess I need to change my declaration that we are a "non-revenue" generating site, to clarify though I THINK this is a very miniscule amount of revenue these links create,

I think the biggest issues is even when people freely donate is it then becomes another item to account for, thank people for, just a whole additional level of "stuff" for volunteers to have to pay attention to when it's not really a "need".

I would think instead of money they would prefer contributions of posts both of your experiences and helping others, this place succeeding is not because of the admins it because of the members sharing their experiences and helping others.

A good member is worth more than any dollar amount,

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
well, I guess I need to change my declaration that we are a "non-revenue" generating site, to clarify though I THINK this is a very miniscule amount of revenue these links create,
Not sure if further clarification is needed, but I would add that the % I spoke of above is totally voluntary on the part of the seller. Individuals are absolutely under no pressure or expectation to contribute anything back... it is just a checkbox and you can select what you do or don’t want to contribute.

Yes, I would agree that nobody is getting rich on sales of floating keychains. 😂

Edit: I’m not an admin and have no authority whatsoever.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if further clarification is needed, but I would add that the % I spoke of above is totally voluntary on the part of the seller. Individuals are absolutely under no pressure or expectation to contribute anything back... it is just a checkbox and you can select what you do or don’t want to contribute.

Yes, I would agree that nobody is getting rich on sales of floating keychains. 😂

Edit: I’m not an admin and have no authority whatsoever.
U doing all the jetboaters stuff now?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
U doing all the jetboaters stuff now?
Nope... I only do keychains. Frankly, I’m feeling like I over ordered last time. I’ve got a whole box and only sold about 6 in the last few months.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
😂

Here they are:

Scroll down and pick your color. They come in packs of 2, if you use the forum’s checkout process.

But... if you’d like more to pass some out at your next gathering, or just throw one at a passing Yamaha... let me know how many you’re thinking and we’ll combine the shipping and work out a price.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking about how this site financed itself and had no idea this section was here. You guys that run this are really great, thank you!

If prices keep growing with membership maybe you could allow a max $1-2 donation per member. Your active members would gladly do it, but you wouldn’t end up with an excess of money to account for on taxes as casual visitors won’t donate. And no one had better expect a formal thank you or any clout for a dollar!
If you somehow start rolling in dough you could turn it off.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This site is priceless and I have no problem donating. Although it has cost me a lot of $ with all the great mods I've discovered here..haha.
You know Yamaha should be funding this...This site gives them everything for their marketing needs from choice of colors, options, mods, used boat prices, owner type, what we like and don't like...this is priceless to them. They certainly make a lot of money off of us and we should make some off of them..lol
I guarantee they review and analyze every damn post we make and we the owners are what makes Yamaha boats today..[flag]

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Retired, so willing to help and/or donate, moderator, whatever.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you need contributions, I'm certainly happy to contribute. I've gotten more out of this forum that I've ever been able to put back in.