• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our Operating Costs and Revenue Transparency

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ Craig, no issues with cost.

@MOA_Chaser, we have plenty of storage for images. When we need more we will get more.

Thanks

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What everyone can do now is keep posting our URL everywhere you can. I've been adding it as a comment to many Jet Boat YouTube videos. I have noticed that they are getting pruned/deleted if you embed the URL, but the latest one I put up with jetboaters dot net was still there last time I checked....

So get the word out. Bring a friend! Email/PM anyone who's missing from that other site....etc
@Administrative" class="username--style3">@Administrative @Moderating ... I just stumbled across this thread (I still have a lot of catching up to do), @Julian you inspired me to add the jetboaters.net and several other tags to my youtube videos that would lead others here. It is only a drop in the bucket. My Christmas wish it to have 3000 dedicated users here by the end of the year.

I know that you guys constantly refuse, but if you EVER need any financial support... I'm in.

Where do I get business cards? If someone has a template I will print them myself... there must be 12 or more jetboaters at my marina, and none are here. I'll post them in the ship store...

Ed

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do I get business cards? If someone has a template I will print them myself... there must be 12 or more jetboaters at my marina, and none are here. I'll post them in the ship store...

Ed
@Murf'n'surf should receive 450 cards Monday or Tuesday. Is it convenient for you to pick some up from him? If not please send me your address and I will mail some to you.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf maybe we should finally meet... I'll buy lunch.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
McDonalds? Hah! :smuggrin:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol! I'm at the 5th ave Subway every day around 11am.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I will also be a supporter when needed. I love this place, and thank you guys for making it happen.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in on donations when and if needed.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is indeed generous and genuine for you guys to want to chip in. I know all of you that came from the other site probably remember the pledge drives and donations button. We want to stay completely away from that kind of forum. It was a source of frustration to many of us that contributed, and were then slighted in one way or another. So if the time comes that we need to collect anything, we will set up a better way to do it, that is transparent and accountable to all of you. But it is great to see that everyone loves what we have here, and wants to see it grow and continue! As we all know, it is the members that make a place what it is...thanks to the members!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Exactly what @txav8r said! IF we ever need contributions, we will clearly state how much we need, and publish how we are doing towards that goal. I've been thinking how it would be cool to have a small amount of money to fund some fun activities on the forum.....like lottery prize giveaways to members with X posts for the month, or Y likes for the month. Or the a prize for the member with the post that has the most likes...small stuff....just for fun. Would also be cool to get the vendors to contribute to these "prizes" and random giveaways.

Our primary concern are the tax implications of whatever we do. None of us wants to be making a profit and having to deal with the IRS. This forum falls well under the realm of IRS "Hobby" status at this point, and would continue to do so if we made sure we made no profit.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
First, as I have, said previously, am all over Contributing ANY time y'all so desire/need/want/etc.

Of course, if y'all start monthly drawings, as @Julian mention for "lottery prize giveaways" ....for say the:
Funniest guy the forum,
or best looking,
or fastest boat owner,
or worst bass fisherman,
I wanna be the FIRST to buy in as I KNOW I am gonna WIN !

Other than that, I have little else to add here. LOL !
Y'all play nicely now !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Obviuosly I appreciate the finical contribution for those who keep this site going. More importantly I appreciate the time commitment involved by all the administrators! I take for granted I can check the site daily and it will be here to answer all my questions. Thanks for all you do!!!

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Obviuosly I appreciate the finical contribution for those who keep this site going. More importantly I appreciate the time commitment involved by all the administrators! I take for granted I can check the site daily and it will be here to answer all my questions. Thanks for all you do!!!
Exactly... I think that we all (hopefully speaking for the group) just want the @Administrative and @Moderating folks to know that we truly appreciate what you do, and want to reinforce the fact that we will do whatever it takes to keep this site going strong. I suspect you will continue to hear this for a long time to come, that's just the type of people we have here... dedicated jetboaters with a passion to help others in any way that they can.

The mods of this site are the core group that I depended on for my inspiration and decision making over there, and that has continued here... this knowledge base is by far one of the best resources on the net, we have proven that. Again, thank you! And thanks to all the members that make this site what it is, and what it will become...

:winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian snuck in a payment for hosting for the next year!!!!

Thanks @Julian!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Julian! I'll again offer to donate whenever necessary. Really appreciate the time and effort you put into this site...and the $.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So this post was made before I joined... and the last post prior to today was before I joined also... I just read the entire post and I am wondering if the numbers from early 2014 are still current for mid 2016... how are the expenses looking for the guys who have paid... we are over 4000 members now.. is it time to look at the topic again? So many are willing to assist... it would be an easy thing..... !!