• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pacific Northwest

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stay out of the locks...we call it the marriage recker. When I lived in Seattle I went at 10pm or midnight. No first timers broad siding your baby or grinding your hull while rafting off you. Thanks lock master, may I have another?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hows everyone doing lets to a meet and greet at a lake sometime beforethe trip to san juan orcas islands
We'd love to try. We're busy for the next few weeks though.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stay out of the locks...we call it the marriage recker. When I lived in Seattle I went at 10pm or midnight. No first timers broad siding your baby or grinding your hull while rafting off you. Thanks lock master, may I have another?
That's why we have enough fenders for both sides of the boat!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like I will not be able to make the Orca Island trip this time. Turns out my wife has an event to go to, which means I have dog duty, and will not bring our large dog on the boat.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BOO but next time or lets get a meet up scheduled on a lake somewhere sometime

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, if we get a meet scheduled somewhere in between that should work. Maybe meet up at Vantage.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyway we could do closer to this side maybe lake washington sometime
By closer you mean completely on your side? Lake Washington is 3.5 hours from me with no traffic. Vantage is the only real big body of water that is actually in between our locations. Granted it is 2.5 hours from you and is 1.5 hours from me.

A big issue with going to that side, is I have a large dog that doesn't go boating and will have to figure out what to do with her.

I also don't have a convenient place to stay / park my very long truck / trailer setup. Something I learned when I lived in the Seattle area is that parking things that long is not easy inside the greater Seattle area overnight.

If I am going to go that far I would rather camp somewhere where I can keep the boat in the water overnight and have great weather.

The other potential issue is weather. I know that summers over there are generally nice, but I don't get excited to drive over there for boating on a "nice" 70 degree weekend.

The weather on the East side of the Cascades is almost guaranteed to be above 80 degrees in the summer time, usually over 90 and with sun. Right now we are going into our 4th day of triple digit heat, so 70 degrees for us will be cold soon....LOL!

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
O I KNOW I COMPLETELY AGREE ON ALL THOSE POINT
i live in lacey and closest big lake is alder or riffe and those are cold even on the 90 degrees but it is a great start to summer so far been hitting 84-88 degrees which is great and love it i just need to come over that side but figure out a camping spot to stay at and make it worth it. but maybe we can get a couple guys together and go out that way maybe a pacific northwest yamaha meet up or jet boat meet up

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone is interested, we will be launching from Washington Park in Anacortes between 11:00 and 12:00 Saturday morning June 27. Here's hoping to see whales!

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DANG MAN let me know what u see and where they are we will be heading out at the same park around 8 on sunday lets meet up if u want i know it will be low tide but shouldnt be a probelm i think we will see weather and waves are supposed to be great no wave and beautiful out

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amazing day in the San Juans! Left Anacortes and went to Friday Harbor. Amazing views of Mt. Baker and the San Juan Islands. Beautiful weather and conditions.

Attachments

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm super jealous. I was sweating like crazy in a hot muggy gym in Bellingham. Saw the beautiful sunset as I was leaving and wondered how your day had gone. I think @topgun882006 is headed out tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about his trip.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha it was beautiful yesterday. Got up here around three so decided to put the boat in and go for a cruise ended up going 36 miles in two hrs going out tomorrow from 10 or so till 5 or 6. And here's the whale report I use and we will probably follow these guys out but they saw humpbacks yesterday and multiple orcas playing with a seal can't wait. http://blog.island-adventures.com/?m=1

Attachments

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
More pics from our trip to Friday Harbor. The boat launch at Washington Park is very nice. Lots of parking. We stopped at Indian Cove to have lunch and continued on to Friday Harbor. We left at noon and got back around 4:30 travelling about 40 miles. Tied up in Friday Harbor and walked around the town a bit. There's a great icecream joint. Also there's Popeye the one-eyed sea lion.

Attachments

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful pics man we had no rain but clouds and no sun on Sunday but WE SAW ORCAS (notice the mama and baby orcas) cut engines and they went under us so much fun about 79.1 miles and five hrs including the 45 min lunch grilling on someone's private beach but there weren't home hahhaimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Attachments