• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pacific Northwest

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so we are thinking june 25 and 26 and staying on one of the islands over night heading out about 12 ish on Saturday and come back around 3 ish sunday
thinking on of the groupon cabins out on the islands for like 89 bucks a night for a view and hottub

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably can't do the 25/26 of June because we're leaving for a trip on the 29th.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get that also u have the rv so im guessing u would want to stay in that right

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jfkraus completely unrelated, but I will be refereeing the Renton vs Clarkston Boys 2A State Regional Basketball game tomorrow night in Ellensburg. Not sure if you have kids in High School there or not?

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Keeping an eye on this - I'm in Spokane and keep my boat in the water on Lake Coeur d'Alene. This might be worth pulling it out of the slip - if not this year, maybe next.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jfkraus completely unrelated, but I will be refereeing the Renton vs Clarkston Boys 2A State Regional Basketball game tomorrow night in Ellensburg. Not sure if you have kids in High School there or not?
We have a senior boy at Liberty High School in Renton, but not at Renton High School. Have fun reffing!

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone boat on Pot Holes Reservoir? Looking for opinions.

dexx00420

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone boat on Pot Holes Reservoir? Looking for opinions.
I was just looking at some things online about potholes. A coworker swears by the place but everything I've read says the mosquitos are insane. I've heard there are tons of places to beach the boat though. We're wanting to hit that spot sometime this season but need to find out when the bugs aren't as bad.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you find some good information please post back to this thread. We have a few trips planned for the summer already, but it can't hurt to add more!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4link I guess I'm looking for more of an overall perception - maybe what you like about it and anything to be aware of. I've heard that it is fished pretty heavy and that you can get lost in all the little dune islands but that is all just word-on-the-street info. I don't actually know anyone who has boated there. We love Banks Lake for the warm water, cliffs to jump from and beaches to pull up on. How would you rate it compared to Banks (assuming that you have been there)?

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have also been to banks many times. there is no comparison. you will not find anything close to banks for recreation. imho. potholes is usually calm water without alot of wind or waves. the water is always dirty but warm. the south or west end shores are very muddy and nasty while the northeast dunes or o'sullivan dam area is very nice and sandy. many nice secluded areas to pull up and hang on the beach. the fishing is off the charts. i have not found any place in washington that compares as far as fishing goes. the kids love it. they will catch sun fish one right after another. there are two choices for camping. potholes state park and mardon resort. while the state park has ok camping they offer no dock and no where to moor your stuff overnight. mardon has marginally ok camping but you have a marina/mooring area that you can pay for. they do offer cabins and other facilities if you don't have an rv or tent. we have stayed many times at mardon and just pull our boat out every night. for us on the wet side it is a great alternative to banks due to the distance. we can make it for a weekend trip very easily. we always end up doing more fishing than water sports due to the nasty water though.

Last edited:

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First time out for the season. Coulon Park and Andrews Bay on Lake Washington on a gorgeous April day! Saw two other Yamahas, an AR210 and and AR230.20160417_190938385_iOS.jpg 20160417_190956546_iOS.jpg 20160417_203005211_iOS.jpg

allsmiles

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had a few boats planning on heading to San Juan island and Friday harbor to whale watch on Saturday 6/25, spend the night in Friday Harbor and come back to Anacortes on Sunday 6/26. At this point it is down to just me. It would be great to get some other boaters to join in the trip. Are there any takers? It should be a fun trip. Our plan is to head out from Washington Park, Anacortes in the morning, stay at the Orca Inn, Friday Harbor San Juan Island. Then head back out for some more whale watching before returning to Anacortes. (this is the same trip topgun882006 was planning)

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll add a couple more PNW places....just south of you guys (Oregon).

First is my favorite lake - Green Peter Reservoir. Located 40 miles east of Albany this reservoir is large, deep, and warm in the summer. It boasts very green water, lots of fish, calm bays for water sports and lounging, plus with its size it is easy to be the only person within view. From Salem (my home) it takes a little over 90 minutes to trailer there, so 2 hours 30 minutes approx from Portland. The last few miles to the lake are twisty so do be prepared, and there are no stores or gas lakes side. Downstream is Foster Reservoir - same green water, but smaller and more busy...but better lakeside parks.
IMG_6414.JPG
Second is Lake Billy Chinook - large, warm, but sometimes busy and choppy it is a great destination lake. Do your water sports in the morning, then swim, camp, or enjoy a houseboat for the rest of the day. There is a large lakeside resort with gas so multi-day or long runs through the high walled canyon are a ton of fun.
IMG_3222.JPG
Third I'll list is really my home turf. Willamette River between Salem and Keizer. This river is not for the inexperienced. It has some great deep channels for water sports, but does have some shallow gravel bars that are sometimes in the middle of the river. The good news to that is that most people steer clear so it is rarely that busy. If you ever find yourself in this stretch - my dock is the closest to Keizer Rapids park....and I always have cold beer.
9EF1854E-9542-457B-A7FE-0913B2B7CFE3.JPG

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a reserved full-hookup campsite at Steamboat Rock State Park (WA) for July 27 to August 5, 2018 that I won't be using. It's site B29 in the Bay Campground (https://washington.goingtocamp.com/SteamboatRockStatePark/BayLoop(B1-B36,CabinsC1-C3)?Map). WA State Parks charges $36/night, so this would be a total of $360. We will be there at the same time, just in a different campsite. Ping me if you have any interest in taking over this reservation.

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a reserved full-hookup campsite at Steamboat Rock State Park (WA) for July 27 to August 5, 2018 that I won't be using. It's site B29 in the Bay Campground (https://washington.goingtocamp.com/SteamboatRockStatePark/BayLoop(B1-B36,CabinsC1-C3)?Map). WA State Parks charges $36/night, so this would be a total of $360. We will be there at the same time, just in a different campsite. Ping me if you have any interest in taking over this reservation.
don't cancel this guy just yet. I am sure I know someone that will take it from you.