• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pacific Northwest

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
alright guys its almost boating season again anyone got any trips planned or want to do a gathering.
See three replies above this one for my dates we will be at Banks Lake. We will also go to Lake Osoyoos July 21st - 24th and we will be at Daroga State Park June 30th - July 3rd. That is all I have planned so far.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're going to be camping at Daroga State Park May 27-30 and camping at Alta Lake June 29 to July 8. We will be boating on the Columbia and Lake Chelan.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any on the western side of the mountains
I've never boated on the west side and I'm not sure what it has to offer - other than cooler temps and more people. Of course you do have the San Juans and someday I will want to give that a try.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be doing that again this year anyone up for some whale watching trip to the orca islands, it would be the equivalent to the pacific north wests Bimini island trip.
Who's down?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be doing that again this year anyone up for some whale watching trip to the orca islands, it would be the equivalent to the pacific north wests Bimini island trip.
Who's down?
We definitely want to try a trip to the San Juans again.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These dates are the most promising for us:
July 16-17 or 23-24
August 13-14 or 20-21

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am interested, but need to take a long hard look at the calendar. July 23/24 and Aug 13/14 are already spoken for; July 16/17 is a possibility as are the Aug 20/21 dates. My problem is my wife works every other weekend and these are the every other weekend - that is why they are open currently.

Are you guys thinking of making this a day trip or are you looking at spending the night on one of the islands?

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We stayed in Anacortes last time at the Fidalgo Bay Resort (http://www.fidalgobay.com/) in our RV and just went out for the day.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ya we stayed just south of deception pass got there around 3 in the afternoon so did a short cruise around the islands for an hour or so and then the next day started around 9 ish and headed the 35 or so miles straight out to the opposite side of the islands on the Canadian side and that's where we saw the whales stayed with them for almost an hour and went to a stone beach pulled the boat up and bbq'ed on the boat on my little grill and then were going to go back out with the whales but the weather started turning and rain is not fun with no cover at 30 mph sooo headed back wish we stayed out honestly because after we left the whales chased two seals and were flipping them through the air and letting the baby orcas hunt on their own and also I will be bringing 2 five gal fuel tanks just in case or a ten gal tank extra we filled up right before the water and had about a quarter tank left when we got back. we where doing the best speed for gas which for me is about 27-28 knot and that's with new solas propellers and the engines with new oil and spark plugs so best the engines could have been. just next time would like to spend more time with the whales and go from the bottom of the islands to the top and around the top back down. the extra gas would be a safety. ended up doing 79 miles in about 6 hours.
this is the tracks we took and if anyone is planning on dong the sound and doesn't have gps or charts this is an app on my phone called navionics and its free and you download areas of the area you will be in and it lets u check depth and all even if u don't have cell service works off your phones gps
and also if you see the third image that is where we want to go up and around going through the islands is actually kinda rough water and the wind kicks up since the islands channel the wind at you kinda crazy but worth every minute of it and a lot cheaper then going one of those big whale watching boats for 117 a person and 75 for kids. we stays just south of deception pass in a hotel for 60 for the night with breakfast. image3.PNG image2.PNG image1.PNG

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about hitting Friday Harbour for fuel? Looks like you were pretty close and there are other fuel docks as well. I know it cost more but is sure would be convenient.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that is true never though of it I am down for a day trip or spending the night out on the islands I know there are a lot of groupons for cabins and hotels for real cheap because u need a ferry to get to the island but we have boats sooo maybe we could sleep in one of those last I checked it was 60 bucks a night in a single family cabin with a hot tub and views of the sound

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jfkraus did you launch from Fidalgo Bay Resort? I see that they have a boat launch.
No, that boat launch is for small personal watercraft. We launched from Washington Park.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What about hitting Friday Harbour for fuel? Looks like you were pretty close and there are other fuel docks as well. I know it cost more but is sure would be convenient.
We went from Anacortes to Friday Harbor and back on less than one tank no problem.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went from Anacortes to Friday Harbor and back on less than one tank no problem.
sounds good to me just like extra just incase and probably going farther south then your route because of staying south in the hotels and then coming out deception pass

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
sounds good to me just like extra just incase and probably going farther south then your route because of staying south in the hotels and then coming out deception pass
Definitely.

topgun882006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you wanna do the loop with us this time and is it just 3 of us anyother friends of yours that want to join us that have a boat?