• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Panama City Beach (Shell island)

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
bayou joes is really awesome. we went there for breakfast and it was amazing. they have and crunchy french toast with rice crispies and you can geed the fish of the dock as you eat. was pretty cool. So bring a bag full of fish food as crazy as that sounds.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Kewl- thanks. I knew about Bayou Joe's but I didn't know they had breakfast. That sounds cool, I like that idea.

I can't wait to go! Hurry up next weekend!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone local to PCB know of any Yamaha jet boat rental places? We go to either Gulf Shores or PCB at least once a year for vacation. Last year we rented a pontoon on the bay to drive to shell island. I would love to know if there are any Yamaha boat rentals there. The pontoon was fun but the motor was a dog and it took forever to get places because of how slow it was and how much it cavitated, poor thing probably had 1 good prop out of 3 lol. We are going down the last week of July and can't wait!

For breakfast check out Corams'. It's kind of a Waffle House looking place on the inside but order their Heavenly Hashbrowns and you'll love the food. Joe, the owner, is a real nice guy and always remembers us each year. Their omelettes are really good too. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34543-d1125504-Reviews-Corams-Panama_City_Beach_Florida.html

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you @haknslash!! We love our lazy day Waffle House breakfast and this would just top it. I will look for any places to rent a Yamaha.
Maybe Will @JetBoatPilot knows of a place.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bayou Joes Breakfast is awesome, those rice crispy French toast sounds strange but is very good. The first time I went I ordered pancakes, it looked like they say a birthday cake in front of me I swear the stack was 5" thick.

I don't know of any place that rents yamahas,
Pontoons and small bay boats is all I ever saw, and jetskis.
Just remember a whole lot of these rentals have people driving them that have never driven a boat or jetski before, the pass can get crazy on weekends with jetskis zooming all over the place, small fishing boats fishing in the middle, kayaks, and big fishing boats going about 60 through there expecting everyone else to get out of their way!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know if @Big Shasta gets on here much anymore but he is a wealth of knowledge on PCB as well!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another place I would recommend is Uncle Ernie's. It's a little bit off the beaten path but personally I think that is where you find the best local spots and food. They sometimes have weird hours and days they are open, so call before you go to make sure, but the food is real good and it's on St. Andrews Bay so there are nice views and a marina nearby to check out the big boats. They make a killer crab cake that is top notch IMO. There also make their own beer but I haven't tried it yet.

Also if you're taking your boat, there is docking at the restaurant :thumbsup:.

Map location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Uncle+Ernie's+Bayfront+Grill/@30.1692274,-85.7044871,15.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x148b24d5483c445e!8m2!3d30.1698017!4d-85.7028634

Menu http://uncleerniesbayfrontgrill.com/our-menu/

This is what their famous crab cakes look like. YUM!! :hungry:

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know if @Big Shasta gets on here much anymore but he is a wealth of knowledge on PCB as well!
Yeah, Sorry, I haven't been around much. Forgot how much I miss this place though. Just got back from 3 weeks in Bahrain. UGH...Good to be home.

Another place I would recommend is Uncle Ernie's. It's a little bit off the beaten path but personally I think that is where you find the best local spots and food. They sometimes have weird hours and days they are open, so call before you go to make sure, but the food is real good and it's on St. Andrews Bay so there are nice views and a marina nearby to check out the big boats. They make a killer crab cake that is top notch IMO. There also make their own beer but I haven't tried it yet.

Also if you're taking your boat, there is docking at the restaurant :thumbsup:.

Map location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Uncle+Ernie's+Bayfront+Grill/@30.1692274,-85.7044871,15.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x148b24d5483c445e!8m2!3d30.1698017!4d-85.7028634

Menu http://uncleerniesbayfrontgrill.com/our-menu/

This is what their famous crab cakes look like. YUM!! :hungry:

Uncle Ernie's is awesome....Going there for Fathers Day lunch today!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! We stopped by there yesterday. Today is breakfast at Bayou Joe's then off to the ship wreck for some snorkeling!

See you out there!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! We stopped by there yesterday. Today is breakfast at Bayou Joe's then off to the ship wreck for some snorkeling!

See you out there!
Ship Wreck for snorkeling? What's the 10-20 of the ship wreck? @Wayloncle , you never told me about a shipwreck haha. I'm all about that. May have to trek over in the ICW.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

See you out there!
What did you end up trying at Uncle Ernie's? What did you think of the place and food? Hopefully the water didn't have a lot of seaweed and crud if you took the boat there. I've seen it get a little thick there sometimes.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ship Wreck for snorkeling? What's the 10-20 of the ship wreck? @Wayloncle , you never told me about a shipwreck haha. I'm all about that. May have to trek over in the ICW.
The only wreck I know of around there is an old barge sunk in the bay, about a mile east of the pass. Nothing to snorkel over though, just a fishing "hot spot"...unless there's something that I completely was oblivious to:) which is possible:)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The only wreck I know of around there is an old barge sunk in the bay, about a mile east of the pass. Nothing to snorkel over though, just a fishing "hot spot"...unless there's something that I completely was oblivious to:) which is possible:)
I'm with you Waylon...No idea where there is a wreck to snorkel over. @Bennie Help us "locals" out.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone local to PCB know of any Yamaha jet boat rental places? We go to either Gulf Shores or PCB at least once a year for vacation. Last year we rented a pontoon on the bay to drive to shell island. I would love to know if there are any Yamaha boat rentals there. The pontoon was fun but the motor was a dog and it took forever to get places because of how slow it was and how much it cavitated, poor thing probably had 1 good prop out of 3 lol. We are going down the last week of July and can't wait!

For breakfast check out Corams'. It's kind of a Waffle House looking place on the inside but order their Heavenly Hashbrowns and you'll love the food. Joe, the owner, is a real nice guy and always remembers us each year. Their omelettes are really good too. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34543-d1125504-Reviews-Corams-Panama_City_Beach_Florida.html

No Jet boat rental places that I know of....probably because of the learning curve. Pontoons and jetskis are the majority. I bet you could find a place that rents a center console though.

Make sure you also try Fatty Pattys for breakfast. About a mile north of Corams. Biscuits and Gravy are awesome. And if you want a good local bar/food place for lunch/dinner, Go to Patches Pub They have awesome wings and pizza. Lots of other good food too, not just bar food. They have someone playing music every night. It's on Thomas drive, about a half mile before the state park on the right. Get there early, after 5 parking is hard to find.

Check out this deal....215 for a day is a STEAL.
https://getmyboat.com/boat-rentals/united-states/florida/panama-city-beach/cuddy-cabinwalk-around-for-rent-in-panama-city-beach-63449 I just emailed them for a reservation July 2nd. If it's available, I'll give you a review before you come.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Brother I have no idea on the exact location, I followed my cousin to it. It's off Shell Island though, on the Gulf side, just east of the large satellite dome. I'll try to get the GPS coordinates from my cousin for you.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What did you end up trying at Uncle Ernie's? What did you think of the place and food? Hopefully the water didn't have a lot of seaweed and crud if you took the boat there. I've seen it get a little thick there sometimes.
We actually stopped at Uncle Ernie's on Saturday but my wife wasn't feeling well so I just dais hello to friends/ family and took off. Sunday we left early and had breakfast at Bayou Joe's...not impressed at all! Poor service and poor food, for breakfast at least. My cousin says they have great burgers though. And I liked the atmosphere.

But the food highlight was "Just the Cook". It's in the same marina as Uncle Ernie's but go to the last pier (closest to the street) and look for a white and red boat house with an American flag. Those burgers were AMAZING! My wife isn't a huge burger fan and she loved these. Oh btw - free beer! It's a must-go-to place!

We put in at the state park and did get stuck with all the dead Sea grass. Had a fellow jet boater help me with his own fabricated tool...HUGE HELP! Unfortunately I was overwhelmed at the moment with alarms of overheating engines to share our site so I hope he's already on here so I can thank him again.

But I gotta say 13 hours on the water with friends and family...best Father's Day ever!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Watching the Strawberry full moon come up.
20160619_195948.jpg

As the sun set on Little Lagoon.
20160619_193301.jpg