• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Panama City Beach (Shell island)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI - @Rod5 @haknslash if the storm tossed things up the view at the wreck will be terrible. May want to wait a few days. (Happened to us last time)

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We will be out at Shell Island after 12 tomorrow. We may try to head to the wreck but all depends on how the pass and ocean looks. Storm that rolled in today has brought some winds with it so what was a lake now has some white caps. I'll keep an eye out for you @Rod5
Cool what color is your 192?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
White and black hull with blue graphics

Nice! I love how the white & blue looks. Awesome we'll keep an eye out. So far I haven't scene another e-series boat/Bimini top style yet.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Hacknslash we are anchored right next to the boilers of the EE Simpson. Pretty cool!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SWEET!!! Hope you guys are getting a great clear view. Have fun!!

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It was pretty silty but we were happy we were able to find it. GPS coordinates took us right to it!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Hacknslash we are anchored right next to the boilers of the EE Simpson. Pretty cool!
We weren't able to get out until about 3:45 today. I saw a few Yamahas at the cove on the right as you enter the pass from the gulf. It was pretty rough once the wind set in after the storms but good times! We will probably go back out Wednesday or Thursday, whichever the nicer day. Water was still clear for us? How about the dive site?

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Rod5 - I'm glad you guys were able to find the wreck! It's a nice little open water run and and great dive/snorkel site.
@haknslash - That is a beautiful sunset pic!!

Glad you guys are having fun - I'm going to continue to live vicariously through your trips - Thank you for all the pics!
Have either of you tried out Just The Cook yet? Promise you won't be disappointed

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg Hey Bennie I haven't seen Just the Cook out on the water yet, but we did see his barge docked in his slip over at Uncle Earnies one evening last week.

The EE Simpson free dive didn't have very good visibility due to the weather that went through the night before, but it was still cool and fun to see what we could.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Bennie I haven't seen Just the Cook out on the water yet, but we did see his barge docked in his slip over at Uncle Earnies one evening last week.

The EE Simpson free dive didn't have very good visibility due to the weather that went through the night before, but it was still cool and fun to see what we could.
That's awesome man! Glad you were able to enjoy the dive.
The Just-The-Cook barge stays put, he never leaves that slip. (white house boat with red shutters and an American and Marine flag) We just pulled into an empty slip nearby and chowed down.
However those same guys own the Ice Cream concession pontoon boat that will come out to Shell Island.
Glad everyone is having a blast (despite the weather)

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Oh I didn't realize his slip IS his location! Got it, it was pretty late when we left Earnies that night so he was closed by then. Yes his barge stands out and is eye catching.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How was Earnie's @Rod5 ? My cousin swears they have the best Bushwackers and crab cakes.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
image.jpeg
We weren't able to get out until about 3:45 today. I saw a few Yamahas at the cove on the right as you enter the pass from the gulf. It was pretty rough once the wind set in after the storms but good times! We will probably go back out Wednesday or Thursday, whichever the nicer day. Water was still clear for us? How about the dive site?
Yes judging by your pics I think we were just around the bend from your spot. Great sun set view! image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice pics @Rod5 ! I like you guys brought your pooch along. I hate that my dog has to stay back home while we're on vacation. Not too many places will let us bring our 85 lb boxer/pit mix as they only take in dogs less than 30 lbs or something. Doggy Discrimination lol

What flag holder do you have?

Woke up this morning to a roaring gulf! No way in hell I'd go out in what looks like 4-5 footers and lots of white caps. Man I really wished I would have taken advantage of the near lake like conditions from Saturday and Sunday!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash I'm with you on the doggy discrimination. Below is our 130lb great dane Princess Peach. Not too many places allow our large lazy bum.

media_8e8f3ebef18db950363d23b84db4573c.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I'm with you on the doggy discrimination. Below is our 130lb great dane Princess Peach. Not too many places allow our large lazy bum.

View attachment 42435
Nice Great Dane! We used to stay at The Pelican Walk which allowed for large dogs. We stayed there for years. Then one year we drive down with the dog only to find out that they had changed their size policy but did not update their website stating the changes! They refused to listen to me as I explained it was their fault and now what are we supposed to do with our dog. Our options were to board him and stay or leave with a refund.

After calling around we found a La Quinta that is super pet friendly and does not discriminate against sizes. They had a really nice wooded pet walk trail too and loved all the big dogs. As you know the smaller dogs are usually the ones that Yelp and make noise while the big dogs know they don't have to unless provoked. If you ever want to take your pet the La Quinta on the west side of PCB will allow for it. Only thing that sucked there was the small pool that is basically as hot as a hot tub and it was not on the beach at al but it wasn't far to a public access.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice pics @Rod5 ! I like you guys brought your pooch along. I hate that my dog has to stay back home while we're on vacation. Not too many places will let us bring our 85 lb boxer/pit mix as they only take in dogs less than 30 lbs or something. Doggy Discrimination lol

What flag holder do you have?

Woke up this morning to a roaring gulf! No way in hell I'd go out in what looks like 4-5 footers and lots of white caps. Man I really wished I would have taken advantage of the near lake like conditions from Saturday and Sunday!
Flag holder is home made out of pvc pipe and hose clamped to the Bimini bars. Unfortunately my pirate flag on a taller pole got snagged in a tree a few doors down from us on the way home yesterday and busted one of my holders.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone down for some 'air time' with their boats today? :p:eek:

image.jpeg

Last edited: