• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Panama City Beach (Shell island)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We actually stopped at Uncle Ernie's on Saturday but my wife wasn't feeling well so I just dais hello to friends/ family and took off. Sunday we left early and had breakfast at Bayou Joe's...not impressed at all! Poor service and poor food, for breakfast at least. My cousin says they have great burgers though. And I liked the atmosphere.

But the food highlight was "Just the Cook". It's in the same marina as Uncle Ernie's but go to the last pier (closest to the street) and look for a white and red boat house with an American flag. Those burgers were AMAZING! My wife isn't a huge burger fan and she loved these. Oh btw - free beer! It's a must-go-to place!

We put in at the state park and did get stuck with all the dead Sea grass. Had a fellow jet boater help me with his own fabricated tool...HUGE HELP! Unfortunately I was overwhelmed at the moment with alarms of overheating engines to share our site so I hope he's already on here so I can thank him again.

But I gotta say 13 hours on the water with friends and family...best Father's Day ever!
Ah.
I've heard of the Simpson but heard there was nothing to see snorkeling wise, Ima be mad if I missed out on it since I went right over it a whole bunch of times!

The last time I went to Bayou Joes it was not a great dining experience, totally different than the previous times I went, maybe they changed management or something.
Glad y'all had a good trip!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah.
I've heard of the Simpson but heard there was nothing to see snorkeling wise, Ima be mad if I missed out on it since I went right over it a whole bunch of times!
When we went yesterday the recent storm had stirred up the sand making it rather difficult to see but I could still dive down and check out the stacks. I highly suggest having a floating swim rope with you when you go...there was a decent tide pulling us out.

EDIT - My cousin (who lives here) says on a clear day you can see all the way down.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we went yesterday the recent storm had stirred up the sand making it rather difficult to see but I could still dive down and check out the stacks. I highly suggest having a floating swim rope with you when you go...there was a decent tide pulling us out.

EDIT - My cousin (who lives here) says on a clear day you can see all the way down.
That was definitely some wild storms that came through our area over the weekend. Water stayed clear over this way and it's still clear as can be.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bennie @Wayloncle @ToddW850 Do any of the public boat launch areas or St. Andrews park have fresh water hoses so I can flush after pulling out? If not where do you guys usually go for hose and fresh water access?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash - Bud I want to say that St Andrews had fresh water lines but I didn't really look. We were staying with local family so I would just flush/clean my boat at their house.

I would contact the park directly:
4607 State Park Lane
Panama City Beach, FL 32408
(850) 233-5140 x5141

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Bennie . Got the boat all loaded up and we're about to head down. I'll call them on my way. I also found a boat launch & marina a little into the bay that also has a flush and wash station for $10 fee.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When you get there @haknslash make sure that you get a chance to go by "Just The Cook".
Google its location - best burgers you've ever had.... and FREE BEER!!!

(if you get rained out [you and] the kids will love Dave and Busters in Pier Park)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bennie Yea we go by Pier park when we visit. I will check out the burger joint for sure!

We are beach bound and rolling out!

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Enjoy buddy!!
Don't forget small bills for the ICE-CREAM concession boat!! :winkingthumbsup"

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Man, you're gonna have a blast @haknslash . How long are you gonna be down?

Also, @Rod5 posted in another thread he is currently in Panama City Beach for vacation with the boat. Just FYI

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have arrived! I've never seen the water so clear and turquoise at PCB!

Attachments

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Man, you're gonna have a blast @haknslash . How long are you gonna be down?

Also, @Rod5 posted in another thread he is currently in Panama City Beach for vacation with the boat. Just FYI
Yep we'll be here till next Saturday...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where are you guys boating? @Rod5

We will be here until Friday or Saturday. Have you been out in the gulf yet? If so how was the jetties? I'm hoping it's not too rough and I can blast the 192 out to the gulf since it's so calm and beautiful right now. Supposed to get some rain come in this week.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Where are you guys boating? @Rod5

We will be here until Friday or Saturday. Have you been out in the gulf yet? If so how was the jetties? I'm hoping it's not too rough and I can blast the 192 out to the gulf since it's so calm and beautiful right now. Supposed to get some rain come in this week.
We go mostly out o shell island or watch the Dolphins out at the end of the jetties and snorkel all around the jetties. You won't have any trouble with your 192. The roughest areas are in the channel and at the end of the jetties. As soon as you round the jettie it calms significantly. And of course watch for heavy boat traffic. We may be taking today off to do some shopping. You will be hooked once you get out there we've been coming down here for years...

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd love to visit that dive site but my daughter is only 6 and just now getting her swimming down in a pool, so she's not quite ready yet. I have some buddies that are coming down later in the week and we will be going out as well but I don't have a chart plotter to find the wreck.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd love to visit that dive site but my daughter is only 6 and just now getting her swimming down in a pool, so she's not quite ready yet. I have some buddies that are coming down later in the week and we will be going out as well but I don't have a chart plotter to find the wreck.
Chart Plotter? Just use the MAP app on your phone. The coordinates are on the bottom of that page. When you get close you'll be able to see the boiler - its only about 4ft below the waves

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Chart Plotter? Just use the MAP app on your phone. The coordinates are on the bottom of that page. When you get close you'll be able to see the boiler - its only about 4ft below the waves
We're going to check this out tomorrow (Monday) and report back. I use the Skipper app on my phone and just downloaded a Florida HD app, it's another nav app but it allows you to enter waypoint coordinares. We were just there Thursday but didn't realize there was a wreck a little farther out off the mouth of the opening.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will be out at Shell Island after 12 tomorrow. We may try to head to the wreck but all depends on how the pass and ocean looks. Storm that rolled in today has brought some winds with it so what was a lake now has some white caps. I'll keep an eye out for you @Rod5