• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

People selling new boats

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I'm seeing a decent # of people posting 21/22 model yr boats for sale saying they thought they would use them more. I suspect that more often it's guys trying to take advantage of a still hot market or inflation/recession hitting their overextended pocket books

On Facebook I saw yesterday evening someone selling an 2022 AR250 for $85,000 firm. minor upgrades. Less than 20 hours on it.........

I agree with fatboyroy.

Keep in mind too that the boat market was so hot, many folks waited a year to take delivery of these boats. So if you wanted a new boat in the Summer of 2021, you probably didn't get it till earlier this year.

Boating was a good Covid time activity for a lot of people, so new boaters got into the activity. I'm sure some of these folks have moved on to other places to spend there cash.

Jim

That reality has hit home all over for sure. After the 4th weekend, our lake traffic has dropped significantly. And used boats are popping up at more sane prices too.

The insane ones get me though. The 275 on one of the facebook groups wrapped listed for $150K, HA! a pair of GP1800's for $40K more. Too funny. Yup, they are in good shape, and loads up upgrades, but those wraps just scream Tik Tok poser or instagram wannabe. I hope they got the attention they needed while owning them.

That reality has hit home all over for sure. After the 4th weekend, our lake traffic has dropped significantly. And used boats are popping up at more sane prices too.

The insane ones get me though. The 275 on one of the facebook groups wrapped listed for $150K, HA! a pair of GP1800's for $40K more. Too funny. Yup, they are in good shape, and loads up upgrades, but those wraps just scream Tik Tok poser or instagram wannabe. I hope they got the attention they needed while owning them.

I saw that one with the wrap. He is the same guy selling the AR250 for $85,000

I saw that one with the wrap. He is the same guy selling the AR250 for $85,000
And I have little issue with ad, he's put a ton of time in the upgrades, and the wrap layout is amazing. But it definitely took, what I consider one of the classiest boats in the lineup to a "look at me boat" It just may be the wrong time to be expecting a premium price for a top of the line Yamaha.

The market will bear him a buyer if I am wrong. But I truly feel this bubble has burst for the year, as there are more impulse boat buys on overpriced boats prior to the holiday than after. It is a defining date for our Northern market.

As I joke in my work chat about August first next week, and the back to school ads out. I said the four letter S-word and about got shot.

Hey Hang Outdoors, you ever heard of Haydays? It's the largest snowmobile show on the planet. In about a month. I drove to that region this weekend, and it reminded me of the 2-lane drive across MN to get to it. That's the official kick off to winter around here. WOW.

Either of you got a picture of this wrapped 275? I’m not on Facebook. All I can find is one with the Hulk on it for $239k hahaha.

I think a lot of.people also don't realize how much work it is to go boating. As others said, it's not like a car where you just get in and drive off. You have to tow it somewhere or get it at the marina, you have tonclean it, you have toncheck you gas, you gotta bring snacks and drinks and towels and whatnot. You've got no ac and they're expensive to run.

People.love boats right up until they don't. I thinknwith covid a lot of people got into boating because it was one of the few things you could do. Now, you can go to bars and clubs and vacations again, and so a lot of people will go back to that and sell their boats.

@BlkGS Totally agree. I can see how it is easy to love someone else's boat that you don't have to maintain :)

The wrap is a copy of Alec Monopoly who is a graffiti artist. The guy takes any object he can get his hands on, paints it with this same theme, and sells it for an insane premium. I think that all his lifestyle is a fake and/or comes from a rich family. I thought maybe the guy on FB was selling it for Alec, but then I saw that its only a wrap. So the owner is a rich guy with very bad taste and is trying to take advantage of the boat market.

Yep. Saw those too.

On Facebook I saw yesterday evening someone selling an 2022 AR250 for $85,000 firm. minor upgrades. Less than 20 hours on it.........
I saw someone list their 2022 AR250 with 7 hours for $72k just the other day. May be a different market but still tough to think they’ll get $85k for that boat.

Back