• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect pass install

Rockbtm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any chance of another group buy? While I love my wife and my boat, keeping steady speed is FRUSTRATING, to say the least.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
CRAAAAAAAAP!!!! I’m on the list of people they’re supposed to call when they get said back ordered parts, and when I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they were saying sometime in mid-June. Aka, now. Dang it! Well, I’m in for a group buy. They’re contemplating discontinuing it, no sense chancing it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
CRAAAAAAAAP!!!! I’m on the list of people they’re supposed to call when they get said back ordered parts, and when I spoke to them a few weeks ago, they were saying sometime in mid-June. Aka, now. Dang it! Well, I’m in for a group buy. They’re contemplating discontinuing it, no sense chancing it.
They're contemplating discontinuing it?!! Looks like Ride Steady then.. why purchase if it's not going to be supported in the future.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to be clear, they're thinking about discontinuing the old system for my boat. Your 2020 wouldn't be affected. I don't think Ride Steady has an option for me, but I emailed them just for fun and asked...lol

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They replied very promptly... No RideSteady option for my vintage. Perfect Pass is my only option, and since they're contemplating discontinuing the system for my boat, I'd be on a group buy like flies on......stink.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've now been using our's for 3 weeks on our 06 ar 230...I'll NEVER NEVER GO BACK without it! It's a Marriage Saver, friend, can now drive while surfing, and GREAT at slow no wake at 6 MPH (minimum perfect pass) around the lake. Works way better than the slow no wake setting, that along with our VEctor XL's it's fantastic and worth every penny, Once installed it's flawless, set the speed push throttles all the way forward and let technology do its magic while you just steer and can enjoy whoever is doing the sport...and now I as the boat owner FINALLY don't have to be the only driver. DO IT DO IT! A 75Ksurf boat saw us out there, stopped and talked to me...I was very proud of the fact that I got $25K totale into my 2006 that looks brand new and surfs damn near as perfect as his boat....BUT we have WAY more room for partying off the back, swimming going on bigger waves etc. Sorry for the wait till August but it's worth it!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gee whiz.....who's giving you a commission, Perfect Pass or JBP? ;) Honestly though, I've got to pull the trigger on one, I will be sick to my stomach if I suddenly find out they've quit offering the older servo system. I can only imagine the headaches it will resolve...

Rockbtm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've now been using our's for 3 weeks on our 06 ar 230...I'll NEVER NEVER GO BACK without it! It's a Marriage Saver, friend, can now drive while surfing, and GREAT at slow no wake at 6 MPH (minimum perfect pass) around the lake. Works way better than the slow no wake setting, that along with our VEctor XL's it's fantastic and worth every penny, Once installed it's flawless, set the speed push throttles all the way forward and let technology do its magic while you just steer and can enjoy whoever is doing the sport...and now I as the boat owner FINALLY don't have to be the only driver. DO IT DO IT! A 75Ksurf boat saw us out there, stopped and talked to me...I was very proud of the fact that I got $25K totale into my 2006 that looks brand new and surfs damn near as perfect as his boat....BUT we have WAY more room for partying off the back, swimming going on bigger waves etc. Sorry for the wait till August but it's worth it!
I can’t wait @Milwmarc I am so ready for it to get here. No one wants to drive and it sucks being in the seat

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got mine installed, the only issue I have is I can’t go wide open throttle and have the perfect pass manipulate the throttles... I have to leave the throttles at 3/4 for the perfect pass to work... anyone got any ideas what I need to do?

@JetBoatPilot

Last edited:

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have to ease into the set speed to allow perfect pass to take over and lock on the set speed. After that you can push the throttles wide open (to provide throttle headroom for high drag, like during turns). If you go straight to full throttle perfect pass won't catch the set speed. Pretty sure that is normal, exactly how mine worked.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At full throttle on mine, even if I gently push into it after the perfect pass takes over, the throttles go to wide open and the perfect pass can not pull it back down

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I purchased a Ride Steady system this week, should be here for a Saturday install. I compared the two pretty close, read both install manuals. Looks VERY simple, the biggest issues seem to be removing the throttle connectors (their stubborn) and spending the time to run and zip tie up the cabling.

Went with RS because I could program riders into the system, it'll stay connected to GPS between engine shut offs, and it syncs the engines. After you send them your "install pictures" they'll give you $100 back. That puts the system within $100 of the SP system.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased a Ride Steady system this week, should be here for a Saturday install. I compared the two pretty close, read both install manuals. .......

Went with RS because I could program riders into the system,
Pauly didn't have a choice, only PP will work on his boat, glad you enjoy the RS, I wish it would work on our boats,

At full throttle on mine, even if I gently push into it after the perfect pass takes over, the throttles go to wide open and the perfect pass can not pull it back down
I'm having a hard time understanding your issue, I don't think we've heard of a problem like this before,
What speed do you have the PP set at ?

you accelerate with throttles at whatever position to get to that speed,
PP takes over,
then throttle handles move by themselves to WOT position ?? if this is correct, does you speed/rpms change along with it?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas if that’s what it’s supposed to do it is working as designed.... I had just always thought you move the throttles to full throttle and it controls it from there... sometimes I’m cruising and it says “more throttle”....

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is working exactly as designed. Ease into your set speed, let PP take over, then give a little extra throttle to provide headroom (cable slack, eliminating the "more throttle message").

There are electronic (as opposed to this mechanical servo system) speed control systems (like BRP, I think they call it ski mode) where you preset your acceleration profile and set speed and then just slam the throttles and it does everything.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
normally, I decide what speed I want and program it, 10mph for surfing 18mph for knee board, 35mph for cruising,

I do my normal acceleration (not throwing anybody back in their seat) and when I get to the mph the throttles are already in the "neighborhood", when we surf I will often go almost WOT just after the surfer gets up but I quickly back them down as I get closer to the 10mph mark,

I don't ever just let the throttles go WOT and let PP take over, the servo motor doesn't have any more "slack" to adjust by,

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered Perfect Pass last night and was just advised that it will not ship till mid to late August. I wish their website advised this as now I have to wait on my refund. I will say that Jet Boat Pilot customer service was very professional and did not hesitate to give me a refund. I have reached out to Ride Steady to see what their availability is. I'm hoping I can have a Ride Steady within the next 2 weeks.

For those thinking about Perfect Pass, just know you will be waiting till August before it ships.

Rockbtm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered Perfect Pass last night and was just advised that it will not ship till mid to late August. I wish their website advised this as now I have to wait on my refund. I will say that Jet Boat Pilot customer service was very professional and did not hesitate to give me a refund. I have reached out to Ride Steady to see what their availability is. I'm hoping I can have a Ride Steady within the next 2 weeks.

For those thinking about Perfect Pass, just know you will be waiting till August before it ships.
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Stated in this thread that it would not ship till August. If you have a little single engine boat you can get ride steady. But do the big boats with twins only Perfect Pass. I will waiting patiently till the parts shop.

cgcaraway

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ride Steady works with twin engines, not sure year range but just confirmed they work with my boat and they were in stock. I have a 2019 AR210. Ride Steady did confirm that their inventory is low and will probably be August to get supplies in. I think I made it just in time.

I thought the servo model PP was out of stock not the electronic version.